Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,098 Gold!

We are planning on releasing a chat room that goes along with Highlander Radio. It is not yet up on the site yet, but we are testing out all of the features. It will display the current song and have an interface for requesting songs, etc. Hopefully it will bring Highlander Radio listeners together.

The way Highlander Radio is going, we might even have some bands  come into the chat room. We are averaging a new media kit from various groups every week!!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
scottish2 
Posted: 22-Nov-2001, 06:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Use it long enough and it's habit. I actually had it easy with the Aye's, my wifes Japanese so was always saying Hai for yes, well take the H off of it and you have Aye just spell ai instead but same sound. So was easy to transition over to just plain AYE.  :D

PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
  Posted: 11-Dec-2001, 07:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Probably best for AKLassie to suggest a time as she's 4 hours behind us all which would put 6PM chat her time at 10 PM our time and inbetween your KYLassie. Only times I know so far so...but might be best untill 6PM Alskan time works for the rest.  :ss  (xmas)
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
  Posted: 15-Dec-2001, 05:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Well I stopped by around 6 to see if anyone per chance was early but no one was in the chatroom. So anywho hope to see some of ya tomorrow eve.
PMEmail Poster               
kylassie 
Posted: 22-Dec-2001, 10:49 AM
Quote Post

1st Queen of Scotland

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Kentucky

I will be there too! I will begin with the Highlander Radio Forum as well. Shall I bring along a net and some rope so that we can rescue anyone who is bounced wildly on and off the chat room forum?  :D

It occurs to me that perhaps one should wear a helmet while participating in the chat - the situation could get dangerous with all of that wild bouncing around!   ;)

--------------------
Slainte,

Janet

aka Kentucky Lassie

aka Janet, Queen of Scots :p
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
  Posted: 27-Dec-2001, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

I should be there providing lighting doesn't strike. Lost a system a few years back to lighting was weird one bolt and one clap of thinder and nothing else but that was all it took to blow my system within a few months it totally died blew my modem immediately.  :(  But got back up shortly after with a new system and have replaced that as well just to go faster and faster  :p
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
  Posted: 29-Dec-2001, 08:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Can you convert wav files for your use? That is the format I have as downloaded allot when I was on another ISP back some time ago. And I unfortunately don't have a program to convert them and even if I do don't know how.

As for chatroom. I saw all but didn't see the ignore which is a good feature in case we get someone who just wants to be trouble users can adjust the settings which is a great feature I know one most here agreed should be included. But looking good so far.  (d)  (d)  (d)
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 31-Dec-2001, 11:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,098 Gold!

:)

Great chat last night! I am already looking forward to next Sunday! (d)

For those that could not make it, we chatted from about 8-9:30 and talked about everything from Highland dancing to star trek!

Thanks for everyones suggestion on the chat room. I am going to try and implement some of those suggestions. The only item that I do not think is possible at this time is the ability to change the font. I do have the ability to set the font size and type in the program itself, so if there is a particular font and size that might go well with the room, please let me know. Depending on the popularity of the chat room, we will definitely consider obtaining a more robust chat server in the future.

Heres the work we have left on the chat room:

1) Install full version (current version installed was a beta version ? my error!- this should resolve the emoticon problem we discovered)
2) Install full compliment of sound files.
3) Install full set of action phrases.
4) Make the chat box resizable.
5) Make emoticons help file resizable.

I will be popping into the chat room after 8:00 tonight for a New Years even greeting.

IN preparation for next Sundays chat we will be sending out an invitation to everyone in the forum and mail list (about 200 people).
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
kylassie 
Posted: 18-Nov-2001, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

1st Queen of Scotland

ZodiacBirch

We need to set up a time for the chatroom so that perhaps we can meet under less formal circumstances as this message board. While the message board is good, due its nature, it is harder to meet and greet others. Remember, we are posting from various points on the globe, so that when a time is set, then it should be stated which time zone, so that the rest of us can adjust ourselves to the correct times.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
  Posted: 20-Nov-2001, 06:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Great Let me know when it's up and running Paul and I'll drop the chat room I have and link to yours. Mines OK but being a free chat room not the nest plus will be great to link up with your site for even more exposure. Might I make a suggestion that the user have the ability to control sounds. I know some chatrooms have sounds and you want to make sure the user can choose the sounds or background music. That is providing you're having any sound in it at all.

And let me know when we get a date set I'll try and post a message on my own message board to try and get additional chatters from my own board to the room to add to the chat.  :D
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 21-Nov-2001, 11:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,098 Gold!

I can't wait until I am down with the new website and chat room so I can actually start enjoying all of this stuff! :)

Aye, i'll all bee worth i'd the end......

(Trying my best to have a Scottish accent!)

:D
aklassie 
Posted: 13-Dec-2001, 01:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Texas

female

Any time is ok with me.  When it's 6:00pm,est it's only2:00 here.  I was just worried about making it to late for the east coast.  Sat. and Sun. is pretty much open for me.  So name a time.  :D

--------------------
"They That Wait Upon The LORD,
Shall Renew Their Strength,
They Shall Mount Up With Wings
As Eagels,
They Shall Run,
And Not Be Werry;
They Shall Walk,
And Not Faint." ISAIAH 40:31
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
scottish2 
  Posted: 22-Dec-2001, 07:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

OK Got mine crossed.  :p
PMEmail Poster               
aklassie 
Posted: 15-Dec-2001, 02:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Texas

female

Soooooo, Sunday it is !!!  I'm so looking forward to it!  Looking forward to "meeting" everyone!  :D   :D   :D
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
kylassie 
Posted: 27-Dec-2001, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

1st Queen of Scotland

ZodiacBirch

I am sorry that I missed last Sunday's chat - we had some unexpected relatives drop in from out of town. However, I intend to be on the chats in the future at every given opportunity. I really enjoyed the first chat we had!  :D

Slainte,

Janet
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]