Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 08-Feb-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Some new names to add to the list. This is the kind of lineup I expected for the 30th anninversary last year but I'll take it anyway. Lots of new talent. We have Vishten, the Twin Citiies Ceili Band, Capitol Ceili Band, Two Tap Trio, the Hibs, Different drums of Ireland, the Henry Girls, Qristina and Quinn Bachand, the Outside Track, Fiach, and Moya Brennan. Links to each are on the irishfest Website.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 28-Mar-2011, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Altan has been added. Not much else new on the website. I'm also looking at the German and Italian festivals too but no news yet on this years festivities.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 05-May-2011, 07:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Nothing really new with Milwaukee's Irish fest. I've been keeping an eye on the other festivals in Wisconsin and the surrounding area but they usually just have someone who iis already playing Milwaulkee. iItalain fest looks really good this yerar. So far its Frankie Valli, the Monkees, Nick Stellino, and Cake Boss. Oh did I mention that this year is Italy's 150th birthday!! I was hoping to go this year but the wife will probably have to work and its a week after the daughter wedding so cash flow will not be big that weekend.. I was a bit dissapointed that you have to buy tickets for each individual show. At irish fest all the acts are free with the price of admission and you can just walk around and take it all in.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 01-Jun-2011, 10:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

The full schedule for the entertainers is up but you have to go to the entertainment page and click on the "Brochure" link for now. No word yet on any of the guests for the cultural village.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 23-Jun-2011, 08:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Donegal and Derry are the featured counties this year. From the website:

These two special counties will be represented at several of the must-see venues at Irish Fest this year, including the Moore Street Market, the Cultural Pavilion, Hedge School, and numerous musical stages, including the Lakefront Brewery Celtic Roots Stage, the main showcase stage for Derry and Donegal artists.

In addition, look for these Derry and Donegal attractions:
•Author of “The Scribe: The Life and Works of James O’Neill,” Caoimhin Mac Aoidh, will be signing copies of his book in the Literary Corner
•Special exhibit on Beech Hill House and its connection in helping soldiers during WWII in the Cultural Pavilion
•Ceramics, jewelry, and textiles featuring famous area weavers, artists, and craftsmen will be available for purchase in the Moore Street Market
•Exhibit on weaving by Studio Donegal in the Cultural Pavilion
•Discussion on Derry being selected as the UK City of Culture 2013 in the Hedge School
•Award-winning films, “Paradiso,” “Shine of Rainbows” and “Dance Lexi Dance,” will be shown in the Volta Theatre
•Irish language experts from Glencolumcile and An Culturlann, Geneologist Brian Mitchell and emigration historian Paddy Fitzgerald will be in the Cultural Village
•Stories of U.S. Presidential links to Ulster-Scots will unfold in the Hedge School
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 05-Aug-2011, 09:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

it seems the website has been updated to its fullest. The only listings I haven't seen are for the cultural villege which tells what authors, plays, presentations, etc are going to be there. I'm keeping an eye out for it as it is one of my favorite places to stop at. I meet the most interesting people when i'm in that area. Some of the theater plays are listed in the schedule section and if you look you can find a few presentations.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 24-Aug-2011, 09:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Another year done and another year of fun! Well almost. We had to skip Bristol ren faire this year due to lack of funds, our renter being behind on rent, and my layoff from work. Sucks, but there is always next year. My wife sid manage to get a book signed by Patrick taylor who writes all those irish doctor/country girl/christmas books you see at Walmart.
Had a chance to see all the acts I wanted to see this year except for Moya Brennan. Hopefully she will be there again. Maybe next year she will bring her sister Enya. Yeah, I wish.

Lots of videos up on youtube. Maybe some can go on Video Celt. could start a festivals section.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 14-Dec-2011, 10:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

2012 lineup is starting to be announced using the 12 days of Christmas theme they went with last year. So far they have Del McCory, the Henry Girls, and Gaelic Storm. Check the website daily for other bands heading to the festival next year.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 25-Dec-2011, 10:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

OK, the first twelve bands have been listed as are as follows: Del McCory. The Henry Girls, Gaelic Storm, the Fuchsia Band, Scythian, Tim O'Brien and Brian Sutton, Skerryvore, Makem & Spain Brothers. Bock-McGuire band, Colin Grant and Spag Session, and the High Kings.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 11-Feb-2012, 07:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Irishfest site has been updated a bit with new performers added. It seems bluegrass will be the theme this year.

http://irishfest.com/Entertainment/2012-En...ment-Lineup.htm
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 25-Jul-2012, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Most of the Entertainment list is done. No Red Hot Chili Pipers this year but they were just at Milwaukees Summerfest a couple weeks ago. Enter the Haggis, High Kings, and Scythian are all on my to see list.
Nothing under teh Cultural area yet as far as authors or other famous Irish celebs showing up yet. The wife will probably drag me off to Mother Bernie's Bingo Bash again since we won the pot two years ago!
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 31-Jul-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Some of th authors that will apper are now showing up on the website. What! No E. L. James? rolleyes.gif Mostly local authors from the looks of it and none that I've heard of. Economy must still be putting a bit of a pinch on the budget.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 16-Dec-2012, 09:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

2013 artists are now starting to be listed using the same 12 days of Christmas format they have used in the past. So far its the Elders, Gaelic Storm, Screaming Orphans, Goitse, and folk singer Bill Paxton.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 26-Dec-2012, 10:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Full list for the 12 days of Christmas announcements are up, Red Hot Chili Pipers will be back again this year and the highlighted Celtic land will once again be Nova Scotia so expect to see a lot of artists back once again from that area.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 11-Jul-2013, 09:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Looks like most of the bands are up for this year and the stuff for the cultural area is starting to take shape with an Irish writers of science fiction and fantasy exhibit this year. Still waiting to see what authors they are going to get for the literary corner. Must see bands will again be the Red Hot Chili Pipers, the Elders, the Screaming Orphans and Gaelic Storm. Most of the others are new to me so it should be an interesting year. Hopefully no disasters will take place this year that will keep us at home like last year.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]