Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Write Our Own Story..., give it a try, it is fun!
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 04-Apr-2007, 05:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

Amy looked stunned, "How did you know?" Amy's grandmother motioned them all towards the table. "Sit Amy, it is passed time I tell ye. I too am blessed with my own power, although it is sight. However it isn't like it used to be. I have lost it over the years. Why?... I don't know, I just have." Amy sat in disbelief. Looking towards Shamus and Donal, " You two know, don't you?" They nodded, " Aye lass we do. It was something ye grandmother wanted us to keep to ourselves though. Tis no hard feelings, lass, we just couldn't tell ye," Donal had said. Shamus gathered Amy's hand in his and got down on one knee, " Lass, are ye okay?" "Yes Shamus, just a little Frightened. But what does the Oracles of the River Shannon mean? He said Remember the Oracles of the River Shannon." Shamus shook his head. " I don't know lass but Jamie will. Donal, run and get Jamie before he leaves. "

Donal was gone for what seemed like hours. In the mean time, Amy listened to her grandmother and her story of the power she once held. Amy was fascinated that all this time, those in her family had powers that they never spoke about. It was hereditary, but no one ever discussed them. Shamus heard someone yelling, before Amy knew it, he was out the door. Amy followed as Shamus stood before Donal. "What is it?" Gasping for breath Donal said, " YE must come quickly, it tis Jamie."
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
haynes9 
Posted: 05-Apr-2007, 08:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

They all ran. Even Grandmother came. What had happened?

Shamus stopped and stared with a look of disbelief. Andrew and Fergus were there. they both looked up at Shamus and shook their heads. Amy was stunned to see Andrew with what looked like tears in his eyes. Then she gasped as she saw the reason!

There was Jamie, lying on the ground in a bloody mess. He was obviously in a lot of pain. He had wounds seemingly all over him. Shamus and Donal came to his side. "Hang in their, old friend!" Jamie mustered the strength to speak. "I'm so sorry. I failed ye, Shamus. I've failed us all. I'm guessin' we won't be gettin' help from Grace now." He suddenly arched his back and grimaced in pain. Amy came to his side. She took his hand, but not in a way that was inappropriate. Shamus was her man, but Jamie had been so instrumental in helping her unlock her powers. "You'll be all right, Jamie. You have to be!" Jamie managed a weak smile. "Not this time, Amy. I'm done fer. It's up to you and Shamus now." "NO!!" Amy sobbed. "Don't leave us, Jamie! I need you. We all need you!" Donal walked a few steps away. He could not control the tears. He turned back toward them and wept unashamedly. Shamus reached for Jamie's other hand. He gripped it with a sense of desperation. Jamie smiled again. "Don't give up the fight," Jamie slurred. "I am so proud of both of ye. You . . .will. . . prevail . . ."

"NO!!" Amy wailed. She had been trying to concentrate, to bring healing powers to Jamie. But it seemed as if there was something blocking her. She began to fill with anger and rage. Whoever, whatever, had done this to Jamie, she wanted to find it!

Suddenly, a voice came from the woods. "Why all this weepin' and wailin' fer the likes o' him?! He's just wantin' attention!" Donal looked up and saw the figure coming out of the woods. With a surprise in his voice, he said, "Grace!?"

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 06-Apr-2007, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

"Aye tis me ye old fool, now move aside so I can help wee Jamie." Donal moved aside, with a foolish look on his face. There was nothing any of them could do, he was gone. Donal lowered his head, burrying the tears that slide down his face.

Grace leaned down to where Jamie lay. Grabbing his hand and placing both over his heart, she said a few words in a language that was unrecognizable. Looking up towards the sky, she beckoned the rain to fall and then she patiently waited.

Amy sat mesmorized by Grace. She acted as if she didn't have a care in the world. Her face held no worry and her movements were gentle. She had long brown hair, with a hint of golden red streaks. Her eyes never left the sky. What was she thinking? What was she doing? Amy's questions were answered when she began to see the rise and fall of Jamie's chest. "Look," Amy shouted, pointing as Jamie struggled to breath, " He's alive!"
haynes9 
Posted: 06-Apr-2007, 03:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

Jamie sat up with a confused, groggy look on his face. "Is this Heaven?" "Not if the likes of you be present!" Grace responded. ""Don't just stand there, Shamus! Help the poor lad up!" Shamus looked at Grace and smiled, knowing he had no choice but to comply. She was obviously a woman who carried some authority when she spoke, Amy thought to herself.

Grace strode right over to Amy and took her by the arm. "Come on, Amy. Let's you and I and your grandmother have some tea whilst the men folk try to figure out what befell Jamie." "How did you know my name?" Amy asked. Grace looked at Amy's grandmother and they both broke into a big laugh. Amy wanted to be angry at the perceived slight, but there was something about Grace that disarmed her completely. "I'm not laughin' at ya, Dear. I've been lookin' forward to meetin' ya since before ye knew yer destiny. I'll explain things later."

Amy looked back toward Shamus and he nodded approvingly. She went to her house with Grace and Grandmother in tow. Amy asked Grace, "Do you know anything about the Oracles of the River Shannon?" Grace stopped and looked directly into her eyes. "Yes I do. And before this day is through, you will know what I know. And I'll tell ye about Mike Ferguson, too!"

How did she know these things? What kind of power did she possess? Amy anxiously awaited to hear from Grace about these things, but she and her grandmother were deep into conversation abut old times and old friends. Soon, the men were in the house. Everyone sat at the table and after a few minutes of idle chatter, Grace began to talk.
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 08-Apr-2007, 08:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

"Ye see Amy, like the rest of them, I have the power, but mine is strong because I use it everyday. I can tell ye things of your childhood, yer favorite spot in the backyard or the name of yer dog ye had when ye were but a wee lass. I have seen them all. I have awaited the day that ye would come here to help, but no one sent for me .......until now." Amy was shocked. She was always told that she would create her own destiny, but yet that destiny seemed to have been created well before she could make any choices on her own.
"Give me yer hand lass, " Grace said, looking into Amy's eyes, " see all I have seen." Amy grasped the womans hand. Amy's life flashed before her eyes. There was the tire swing in the backyard of her childhood home. She seen Rusty, her German Shepard from when she was a little girl.
After a few minutes, Amy let go of Grace's hand. "I believe you," Amy said, a tear running down her cheek. "From all I have learned here from others and about myself, there is no doubt I believe you have the powers as well." Amy 's tears flowed freely. Shamus came behind her and put his hands on her shoulders. " Tis alright wife, we all know how overwhelming it can be at times." Amy burst out laughing. " Shamus, I am not crying over my life, I am crying over my poor dog. " Grace laughed, " Aye Shamus, I showed her the pet she had when she was but a wee lass. She loved him with all her heart." "I did, he meant everything to me." Amy said as she sobbed. Shamus's grip tigtened on her shoulders and he leaned down placing a kiss on her cheek.

Grace gave Amy a few minutes to pull herself together before she continued. " Amy, ye know why ye have come here. It is your destiny. Like the rest of us, we were brought here to conquer the evil. We have waited for ye for a long time, ye hold the key. Ye have more power than any of us, yet ye have not unlocked that power . Ye may have picked up on bits and pieces lass, but ye have not met your full potential yet. This brings me to Mike Ferguson's warning. Mike was a student of mine. He came to me seeking knowledge of why he held special powers. I mentored him for many years until one day he disappeared. I haven't seen him since lass, but I believe his message is a good one. The ORacles of the River Shannon are scriptures of the druids lass. They are old and forgotten, because no one can seem to locate them. But with my help lass, we can uncover their hiding ground and gain control of this situation." Amy nodded. So he was helping her, but why? Why not just come to the door and ask for her? Why follow her and scare her to death? Grace laughed, " Because dear lass, ye are our destiny, and those secrets that these scrolls reveal must remain as secrets, only to be held by ye and those ye must employ to carry out the commands of the scriptures." Amy was shocked, " You read my mind!" Grace shook her head, " Yes lass I did. That is only a small fraction of what I can do."

Taking a deep breath, Grace Continued, " The Oracles of the River Shannon will tell yw how to...........
Antonio 
Posted: 09-Apr-2007, 07:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Tracy, California U.S.A.

male

get to the place ye need to be! they will show ye all the power that ye have inside.
Only yer mind can read the oracle and understand what it all means, I can only be showin ya how to unlock the powers that ye have, so ye can be understandin them. Amy said I don't understand what this is all about I thought I was using all my powers.

Nay Lass ye have no even hardly touched yer true powers! if that were true, then we could have destroyed this evil hundreds of years ago with our own combined powers. Ye were chosen to become one with Shamus in all that ye must do! he was the key that unlocked yer powers and started ye on this mission to end the evil. Shamus, Donal are here as leaders and to protect ye and Jamie! aye Jamie is the one with the knowledge and the books and even if I'm no wantin to say it a real fightin man.

I'm knowin this may be confusin to ye but no one person has all the powers or answers! tis safer that way, and thats why nobody ever talked about their powers and why ye did not know of yer Grannys powers. Amy looked at her Granny and smiled then she turned to Shamus and.......

--------------------
Semper Fi

"If a man has found nothing he's willing to die for, he is not ready to live"

DISCIPLINE MUST BE A HABIT SO INGRAINED THAT IT IS STRONGER THAN THE EXCITEMENT OF BATTLE OR THE FEAR OF DEATH.
General George S. Patton

Laws that forbid the carrying of firearms, disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assulted, and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourge, than to prevent homicides. For an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Thomas Jefferson
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 10-Apr-2007, 07:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

said, " I didn't realize there was more powers to have. I am sorry I didn't know Shamus. " He smiled at her, " Don't worry lass, none of us knew until now. We will win this Amy, we will." Grace smiled, " Tis nice to see two so in love, isn't it?" She winked at Amy's grandmother. "Aye, I agree." They all began to laugh.

Hours later, Grace took Amy into the bedroom. " Look Amy, in order to find these Oracles, we will need you to clear your mind. We will both have to concentrate and then they may reveal their hiding place. Although, I am sure ye will still have to search for them lass, ye may be able to see there whereabouts." Amy was puzzled, " You mean you are not coming with me?" Grace smiled and grabbed Amy's hand. "Lass, this isn't my fight. I am only here to aid you, guide you in the right direction. You will know all I know, in time. But I will be of no use to you. Those who have different powers that I will be the ones you need. " Amy understood although she didn't want to do this all by herself. She watched Grace light a few candles and place them in a circle around them. " Now lass, let us sit on the floor. " Settling down in a comfortable position, Grace continued, " Take my hands. Close your eyes and clear your mind. Then, when you are ready, we will both search together. " Amy grabbed Grace's hand. A small vibration ran through them. Amy cleared her mind and a few minutes later she was drifting over a........
Antonio 
Posted: 10-Apr-2007, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

green meadow, a gentle breeze made the grass seem to dance. There was a stream running through the meadow with a leaf floating gentle over the rocks. Amy felt so at peace, and one with all that was around her at that moment. As she drifted on the wind she felt warm and safe.

She was over the village when her mind came back to her, she was looking down on the village she could see all the people that had been in the fight with Patrick! they all seemed so happy and content. Suddenly something caught her eye, it was a brightly glowing orb that seemed to be calling her to follow. Amy followed the orb as it went into the Kirk, as she interred the Kirk the orb vanished! was this the place the Oracle of Shannon had been hidden?.

Grace gently spoke and said Amy don't stop lookin the Oracle of Shannon is in three parts ye must find where the other two parts are hidden. Amy said Grace I'm so tired what is it? tis nothin to be worryin about. Tis allot of power yer usin for this and ye need some rest lass! we'll continue this after ye have had somethin to eat and a nap. Grace stood up and..........
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 11-Apr-2007, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

left Amy alone.

Amy got up as well and headed toward the bed. She was tired and she did deserve to take a nap. This was too much for her at times and if she wanted to be of any help, she knew she needed her strength. Cuddling up with a blanket, she closed her eyes.

Grace entered the kitchen where the men were waiting. " Have ye found anything Grace?" Shamus asked, impatiently. " Aye Shamus, the first part is in the kirk. " Shamus was amused, " Ye are telling me that all this time, we had something that powerful right under our noses lass?" "Aye" grace said walking over to Jamie. " How are ye my sweet?" Jamie smiled weakly, " I am better, but I still ache. I didn't have time to thank ye Grace, if it weren't for ye, I would be dead." Grace smiled, " Hush lad, ye can repay me later. Right now, we must focus on those Oracles."

SHamus left them alone while Donal went to fill his cup with more coffee. " Donal, I shall return, I want to check on AMy." Donal nodded and Shamus walked down the hall in to their bedroom. Amy was curled up in the blanket sleeping peacefully. Shamus walked over to the bed and sat down gently, just watching her. Pride welled in his chest. He loved her with all his heart and she had been so busy, she didn't have time to herself. She needed this time. He promised himself when this was all over, he would take Amy away for awhile, somewhere they could be alone. Standing to leave, he turned towards the door. " Shamus, " Amy said turning to look at him, "Don't leave me. Lay down with me and hold me until I fall asleep." Shamus smiled and walked over to the door, shutting it. Shamus walked to the bed and lifted the covers. He got it and wrapped his arms around Amy. "Close your eyes lass, you need rest." Amy obeyed. Shamus held her and before he knew it, he too had fallen asleep.
haynes9 
Posted: 14-Apr-2007, 12:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

They both woke up early the next morning. Amy was surprised that she had slept so long, but she did feel refreshed. Shamus gave her a hug and a tender kiss. "Do ye have nay idea how lovely ya look in the mornin' light?" Amy blushed and answered with a smile. That was good enough for Shamus.

They came to the dining room and found Grace and Grandmother making a big breakfast for everyone. Jamie was sitting at the table and looked much better now. "Who attacked you, Jamie?" asked Amy. "I do no' know, Lass. It all happened with such a suddenness that I never got a view of my attacker." Grace said, "There's those who would like to put a stop to the good ye have been doin'. Whoever it was knows that ye have much knowledge, my dear. They'd like nothin' better than to squelch ya." "Well, I'm glad they failed," said Donal as he walked into the room.

"What's the first step today, Grace?" Amy asked. "I'm thinkin' it would be a good idea to find the first part of the oracles at the Kirk. Then w can get back to concentratin' on findin' the other two parts." Grace smiled slyly. "Whiles all of you go to find the oracle, Jamie and I will stay here and do some studyin'!" Donal responded with a grin. "Might I be askin' the nature of this study matter? Perhaps I should stay and learn some myself!" Everyone burst out laughing except for Jamie. He said, "Oh, why don't ya be shuttin' yer mouth!" Everyone noticed that Jamie couldn't conceal his smile. It was good to see him feeling so much better.

After breakfast, Shamus, Amy, Donal, and Fergus began the journey to the Kirk. Jamie and Grace did stay behind, but with Grandmother as their "chaperon." Jamie and Grace wanted to d=consult some of the books and maybe gain some insight into where the other two parts of the oracles of the River Shannon might be. Shamus and Amy's group was soon joined by Andrew, who had been asked by them to come. As they came to the Kirk, Andrew handed Shamus a piece of paper. "What's this?" Shamus asked. "I found it on the post by the gate to my house. It looks like it was written by Duncan." I've been thinkin' about him." replied Donal. "What does the note say?"
Antonio 
Posted: 15-Apr-2007, 10:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

it says he wants to meet with Andrew alone! that he has vital information to help in the fight. The men all looked at each other, Andrew said now why do ye think he would be wantin to speak to me alone?. Shamus said I'm thinkin it's a trap! Andrew agreed saying he knows that I'm no the one, with the knowledge to be findin the Oracles. Aye! I'm sure he's knowin that it would be Amy and Jamie that would be havin that knowledge! and he might even think of Grace as one that might know also. I can no speak fer the rest of ye! but I'm thinkin it's a trap, I'm no knowin what it tis that he'd be thinkin! but I'm still thinkin it's a trap.

Donal looked at Andrew, and asked did ye see anyone around before ye found the note man!. Andrew shook his head nay I saw no on about the place! and I was up very early this mornin. Amy said lets go to the Kirk! and discuss this while we search for the first part of the Oracle. Shamus said yer right darlin we be wastin time here! and someone could be about listin to us. As they entered the Kirk Amy saw a flash of light, what was that? she said looking at Shamus. Shamus asked what was what Amy? you didn't see that flash of bright light? nay I saw no light! did any of you see it? the others all shook their heads no.

I saw a very bright flash of light when I entered the Kirk and none of you saw it! I must be loosing it, Amy it's the part of the Oracle! go back out the door and then come in see if you can pick up were it tis comin from. Amy stepped out and then came back, this time she was waiting for something to happen and it did. As she re-entered the Kirk, she saw the flash again but this time she saw where it came from she went to the front of the Kirk. Amy looked at Fergus and said I'm sorry but we must dig up the floor under the..........
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 16-Apr-2007, 07:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

pulpit. "That would be fine, Amy. I've been tellin' folks I'm needin' a better pulpit to more fully enhance my great speakin' ability!" There was a collective groan and smiles from everyone. It was good to smile. It helped to break the tension.

Andrew and Donal picked up the pulpit and moved it aside. Fergus went to a home near the Kirk and came back with some tools for digging. When asked what he told the family from whom the tools were borrowed, he replied that he told them it was for a building project. "I didn't lie! It's fer the new pulpit!"

They all began to dig. It wasn't long until they hit something. As they dug carefully, it was found to be a box. It was not a particularly beautiful box on the outside, but it was obviously very old. Shamus carefully lifted it out of the hole. It was dusted off and placed on the platform a few feet from where the pulpit had stood. The box was opened carefully. Inside was a stone which measured about two feet square. On it was Ogham writing. "Jamie, here's where you come in," Amy said. Jamie went aside and began to decipher the language.

"Someone must know about these oracles. They must also know that Jamie knows how to translate the Ogham writing. Maybe that's why someone tried to kill him." Shamus replied, "I'm thinkin' yer right, Lass. But none of us knew about the oracles. Who else does?"

"I'm woderin' if Duncan learned somethin' when he was in league with Hugh?" Donal asked. "That could be," said Andrew, "but I never knew anything about any oracles. Do ya think Duncan is responsible fer what happened to Jamie?" Amy interjected. "I don't think so. And I'm surprised to hear myself say that, because I still have a hard time forgiving him for what he did. But I sense something that tells me Duncan did not try to hurt Jamie." "Perhaps then maybe I should be plannin' top meet with 'im." said Andrew.

"Well, it looks like we're goin' to the River Shannon!" called Jamie. "What does the oracle say, Lad?" asked Shamus.
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 17-Apr-2007, 07:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Jamie read the stone. "It says, ' He that holds the key, must gain the other three. Through trees and rivers they lie, there truth will not deny, as powerful as they may be, the true holder will see the power to be revealed, when all are exposed together in the middle of the druid field.'"

Amy was puzzled, "Druid field?" She looked at Jamie, " What is a druid field?" Jamie looked to Shamus before answering. "The Druid field is a place I dare not go lass. It is said to be an evil place that lies in the middle of the forest. There are tall standing stones on the four corners and a makeshift altar in the middle. It is said that the ancient druids used it to sacrifice to their master." Amy looked to Shamus, " But we have got to go right?" Amy ran her hands over the stones. A light erupted and the stone began to shake. Amy felt her hand being sucked into the stone. She pulled with everything she had and stumbled backwards. "What was that?!" She said, terrified, " I felt I was being sucked into the stone!" Jamie and Shamus both moved at that time. " Aye lass," Jamie said, " But we couldn't help ye, we were paralyzed....we could not move." Shamus grabbed Amy and moved away from the stone. Tears began forming in Amy's eyes, " SHamus, I am scared. I admit it, I am terrified!." Shamus held her tight and ran his hands over her hair. 'Tis alright lass, ye are safe now." Shamus looked at Jamie, knowing they shouldn't tell her that she was the only one who would enter the field. " Let's get this back to the house. Jamie, Donal, Andrew, see if ye can get a cart to load it in. Lass, stay as far away from that stone as ye can."

Antonio 
Posted: 18-Apr-2007, 12:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Amy said I will but I feel like your keeping something from me and I want to know what it is now Shamus. Shamus looked into Amy's eye's and said Yer me wife, and I'm nay feelin good about lyin to ye. Darlin wife I'm havin to tell ye, that ye are the only one that can enter the Druid field.

Amy looked at Shamus, then the others and said oh! and just why is that?. Jamie said tis hard to explain! but I'll be givin it a try lass. Jamie began telling Amy about the Druids! she had heard of Druids before, but never really knew who they were or what they did. Amy said ok now I know a little more about them! but that does not explain why I am the only one that can enter the Druid field.

Donal said just tell her man she will understand! Jamie spoke up and said tis because yer not from here. Amy yer family left this country and went to America! they did that because it was told that before the two could be joined as one, one would have to return. Ye had to be kept from this place till the time was right! now ye have returned to the country of yer family birth and ye have nay been touched by the............
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 18-Apr-2007, 05:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

that has surrounded us for centuries, and none of depleted your powers as they have ours over time. Since ye are lass, the most powerful of us all whether ye know it or not, it is ye who are the chosen one."

Amy was silent. She contemplated all she heard, from this point to her arrival. " Let me get this straight," she said,tuning to the others, " I am the chosen one, the one that is more powerful than any of you. I am the one who must go into the field, without anyone else with these three stones, and then what?"

Shamus and Jamie looked at each other. Not one of them was willing to tell her just what she must do. "I am waiting!" Amy called out impatiently. Stepping towards her Shamus smiled, " Lass, I know this will be difficult for ye, but you must.............
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]