Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,386 Gold!

With their first full length CD, Old Dirt Road, Celtic Punk group Lexington Field is throwing their hat in the ring with Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys. Although they don't tend to stand out from the established Folk Punk crowd, they certainly step in the door with some tricks up their sleeve.

The CD starts off in full gear with “Dukes of Green”, opening with driving instrumentation and some awesome fiddle work. Unfortunately, as the song gets going, it is difficult not to get lost in the basic mood of the music and completely forget about any true merit or message the song might have. The elements of this first track seem to be pulling in their own directions with the lyrical content, and instrumentation getting lost in the overall mood of the track.

The band starts to pull their act together though on “The Shores of Maine”, with some awesome fiddle work, and the first real jewel. The message is still hard to follow, but the song is kept on track well. Unlike the flood of the first track, this piece is a river, kept in its banks by the fiddle On “Up in the sky” lyrics, message, and mood finally fit as one entity to carry each other.

Read the full review here:

http://www.celticradio.net/php/news.php?item=1000

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 12-Oct-2011, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,386 Gold!

PRESS RELEASE
OCTOBER 12, 2011 - LEXINGTON FIELD SIGNS WITH NEW FOLK RECORDS

SAN DIEGO - Lexington Field, San Diego's finest American Fiddle Rock band, announced today they have signed with New Folk Records. Lexington Field is going to record a new, six-song EP set for an early 2012 release under New Folk Records. The deal also includes national distribution of their debut, full-length album, Old Dirt Road, which was officially self-released on May 25, 2011.

New Folk Records is based out of Savage, Minnesota. Their catalog has over 150 releases including records from Paddy O'Brien, Dáithí Sproule, Wild Colonial Bhoys, and Hounds of Finn.

"After lots of hard work, we finally found a partner in New Folk Records to help us reach a larger audience across the United States and ultimately the world. They have a great reputation for working with acts in the Celtic genre where our style of American Fiddle Rock fits right in. We are ready to put the show on the road and hit the studio this month to record a hard-hitting, catchy, energetic six-song EP for our debut New Folk Records release."
- Beau Gray, Lead Singer/Guitarist of Lexington Field.

“We are thrilled to be able to work with Lexington Field. They are dedicated and talented musicians that work hard day in and day out to be the best at what they do. Their music is exciting, original and on the front line of an amazing new musical direction that is becoming a huge part of today’s Irish Music.”

– Ken Onstad, President, New Folk Records

Visit New Folk Records online at www.newfolkrecords.com and check out the latest news and info about Lexington Field at http://www.lexingtonfield.com.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]