Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,176 Gold!

We have added a bunch of new music to our broadcast over the past week and all of the details can be found here:

http://www.celticradio.net/php/new_music.php

More importantly, we have discovered a slight problem with our broadcast software that was prevently a number of songs from entering our rotation. It is now fixed, so expect to hear alot of new material over the coming weeks!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 21-Feb-2005, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I just checked out the list. Never thought I'd see Bing Crosby here rolleyes.gif ...

More importantly, we have discovered a slight problem with our broadcast software that was prevently a number of songs from entering our rotation. It is now fixed, so expect to hear alot of new material over the coming weeks!

Methinks Paul just invented a new word laugh.gif cool.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif !

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 21-Feb-2005, 04:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,176 Gold!

We actually have a limited list of older traditional songs that we play at various times of the day. Personally, I think a few of his songs are actually very good and so we have included 3 from one of his albums.

When we say a wide range of Celtic music - we mean a wide range! wink.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 21-Feb-2005, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 21-Feb-2005, 05:08 PM)
I just checked out the list. Never thought I'd see Bing Crosby here rolleyes.gif ...

Just because the music doesn't have a bagpipe or a tin whistle in it doesn't mean it's not "Celtic"! smile.gif

From Genealogy.com

Ancestry of Bing Crosby
To lots of people, Bing Crosby will be remembered as the role he played in the movies ? the quintessential Irish priest. Given this, it may not be surprising that his mother's family originated in County Cork, Ireland. His father's lineage, on the other hand, can be traced to the Mayflower's William Brewster. An accomplished actor and singer, his "White Christmas" is the best-selling Christmas album of all time.

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
talleyrand 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Kansas City, Missouri USA

male

I was excited to see more Déanta but I wonder if the album was tagged correctly. Looks more like a Various Artists album to me. I've only heard their Whipser of a Secret but I enjoyed it immensely. Two Days to Go and Waltz of the White Lillies are fabulous instrumental songs. Two days will get your toes tapping and the waltz just moves me like a good piobreach (sp) does.

None-the-less, hooray for more music!

--------------------
I don't think of myself as a lion. You might as well, though - I have a mighty roar.
Jubel Early
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,176 Gold!

I have to say I enjoyed the Big Crosby selections very much. I think there is an association with him and St. Patrick's day. The recordings actually sound very good for being 40-50 years old?

On the Déanta album, I believe that is a compilation album. The problem with tagging it as "Various Artists" is that you are not able to search for the individual artist on the recording. Plus, our broadcast software would think that "Various Artist" is the same artist and would not let you play any of these songs within 60 mins of each other?

We ran into that problem over a year ago and re-tagged everything with artist names. But I can not rule out a few stragglers in the mix! biggrin.gif

Enjoy the new music. We added The Chieftains - Live from Dublin - a Tribute to Derek Bell. Some wonderful material for a wonderful musician. Would highly suggest requesting any materials from this new CD which was just released today!

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]