Posted: 09-Jun-2004, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

I concure with OldRaven!

No one should be argueing. That is not what this site was intended for. Let's get back to chillin and talkin with each other and enjoy the other's company with the great music.
Chill !

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 09-Jun-2004, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

The polar cap is melting anyway due to the world heating up so you'll just have to swim home anyway!
We all love ya MonkeyBoy!
Come Home Honey!

Sockabelle
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 09-Jun-2004, 02:03 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

Sometimes in life we have the honor of meeting a truly great individual. Someone full of compassion and wisdom and with that special quality that sets them above the normal. Those encounters are rare because those individuals are rare. Besides, if we met folks like that everyday we would pass our lives breathlessly passing from day to day, giddy with thoughts of those great and unattainable. Right it is that we know only one or two individuals like that in our lifetimes.

In our midst may have been one of those individuals. And with all of those wonderful qualities held closely in check so as not to frighten us mere mortals they may have passed within inches of our very selves. Was this who Peckery was? Personally I doubt it, but the eulogy is much nicer spoken in that manner then any other isn?t it? Besides, not very many people really have very good reading comprehension skills so most of them will think I am indeed speaking of Peckery anyway.

It is with much sadness that some of us watch our happy-go-lucky sock monkey pass off into the frigid northland, never again to cheer us with those carefree posts of, ?monkey, monkey.? But it seems now the world needs some sort of order and that utter inanity is not to be the rule of the day (or night for that matter). As deep as that wounds many of us we will fold and flow with the times because we have no other choice and because our coat hems are stuck in the web and flow of time itself. So like tiny children running breathlessly beside the car of life screaming at the top of our little lungs, ?Open the door, I?m caught!?, we will pass along the highway of life until we finally trip and skin our knees and our little coats are veritably ripped off of our bodies. We will be wounded for that, but much better off then if it had been a finger caught rather then a quarter inch of cheap fabric with an oversize zipper handle which constantly slips off the tracks and keeps us bundled, suffocating as mommy tries desperately to release us from our sweltering prisons. Life is like that sometimes isn?t it? So it is with heavy heart and not a little acid indigestion that I fondly wish Peckery happiness and success in all of his endeavors and to say watch out for static electricity, that can be a doozie up there in the cold north for all sorts of knitted articles, especially sock monkeys. And if the spirit ever moves you to seek counsel and to return to the land of the frigid may life welcome you back amongst other creatures and folks who will welcome your knitted softness, fingerless hands, and sewn on smile.

Leo tongue.gif

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail Poster               
Raven 
Posted: 09-Jun-2004, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

(claps politely) that was beautiful Leo. You have truly missed your calling as you labor day by day in the salt mines of Central America wink.gif

Slainte'

Mikel

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
MacEoghainn 
  Posted: 09-Jun-2004, 03:57 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

Ok people, I was taking a nap over in the "Politics Live Online" forum when I woke up and found Peckery's farewell message here. What exactly was going on during my week+ long hiatus? huh.gif I made my post here and then all heck broke loose. What have I missed? What exactly did Peckery do wrong (or is alleged to have done)?

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 09-Jun-2004, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,866 Gold!

I've read some of the posts here. No one is at odds with Peckery. The board guidelines and terms of service are clearly stated. I have also posted a number of messages and have re-arranged the board so that the two types of conversation that I previously mention can co-exist.

I know that I am not winning any popularity polls with some tightening of the board guidelines. I always try to do my best and explain to members what the issues are when there is a problem with a post. I know it is not a nice thing to go through, so that is why I always always wish the very best to members that decide to leave and I express that to them.

Peckery is always welcomed back to this forum as a member. And I can assure you that I will continue to be fair and objective when there are issues on this board.

As always, thanks for your continued support.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 10-Jun-2004, 05:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

I did not know you well, but I enjoyed your funny quips and hope your travels to the north pole will bring you full circle back to here.
Watch out for the poplar bears. I underdstand that they are always looking for something soft to cuddle up to on their long winter naps!! wink.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
Raven 
Posted: 10-Jun-2004, 06:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

male

and as Leo so aptly pointed out, chewing the eyeballs out of sock puppets.
Herrerano 
Posted: 10-Jun-2004, 07:07 AM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

Watch out for the poplar bears. I underdstand that they are always looking for something soft to cuddle up to on their long winter naps!!

Holy Cow! shocking.gif

Leo cool.gif

PMEmail Poster               
Raven 
Posted: 10-Jun-2004, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

male

hey BG lady what is a poplar bear anyway? unsure.gif
oldraven 
Posted: 10-Jun-2004, 09:00 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

We keep Polar Bears as pets up here. They're just like a big hound dog that occasionally eats humans. wink.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Raven 
Posted: 10-Jun-2004, 09:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

male

where do I get a hound dog like that Oldie?
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 10-Jun-2004, 09:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Well, you see...that is what the difference is between a poplar bear and a polar bear!!! biggrin.gif The polar bear eats people while the poplar bears like socks!!! rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Raven 
Posted: 10-Jun-2004, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

male

ooohhh noooooo unsure.gif
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 10-Jun-2004, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

I don't know what the rest of you think, but I think that if Peckery is up there with the Polar Bears, who is going to Protect the Polar Bears from Peckery? unsure.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]