Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Comic Books And Graphic Novels, Anyone else a reader?
Skeleman 
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 12:00 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: North Carolina

male

I am an avid comic book reader and I was wondering how many others there were around. With a community of this size I would expect to find at least a few others. Or is there anyone who at least used to read comics but don't anymore?

I am much more of a DC fan than anything else. So, that's what I mostly read but I still read some Marvel titles and a few dependent ones.

Anyone have any comments about current or past stories? Favorite titles and characters?

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C. S. Lewis

"The Enrichment Center promises to always provide a safe testing environment. In dangerous testing environments, the Enrichment Center promises to always provide useful advice. For instance, the floor here will kill you. Try to avoid it." - GlaDOS - Portal
PMEmail Poster                
ilpiccolobardo 
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Italy-Piedmont-Biella

male

Comics...
When I was young I didn't used to read those, without particular reason, but when I was 20, during the year of military service, I discovered this grateful world.
I did read a lot of titles, especially horror and humour ; I have in some boxes in garage hundreds of books (the best I remember is Totem, a collection of witty and satiric strips, I was a real fan of Edika, egyptian writer living in France, with his absurd fantastic images).

Now I have not enough time, so I read only "Dylan Dog", telling the stories of this misterious investigator of the nightmare (but I have the entire collection !).
Creator, drawers, screenwriters are Italian, like the publishing house (Sergio Bonelli), but the story is set in London, between devils, phantoms and ruthless criminals.

Maybe I will search the comics version of "The Black Tower" of Stephen King...

Slainte___IPB

--------------------
user posted imageMe user posted imagePics user posted imageTravels user posted imageMusic

Is but a dream within a dream- Edgar Allan Poe
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Me I'm a comic book reader maybe less in the past few years.
Maybe some of you will laugh when I say that I have a library full of comic booklets and such.
And the one that I use to read a lot were the comic books of Archie and all the compagny.
Also I have a few very old Marvel comics that I bought as collection items.And I also have the the first Tintin from Hergé and of course all the one following.
And the last one that I bought was from a canadian author and the creator Todd McFarlane's"Spawn" which is deep and very dark.
I do have the first booklet on the story of the "Gargoyles".

Yep maybe I should read them again...

LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
TamiMcLeod 
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 04:46 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ely MN. and Skye Scotland

female

I love them, and i have a big stack of them and i have many 1st 10 cent ones tooo. Used to go to all the comic cons and shows.. i am a huge table top player and love gencon.
But i have to say i think i loved the traveling to the shows and cons and seeing all the people at them, was a blast, having a booth wasn't that much fun, but it was sales..

Do you like Gen con too? or are you not into table top?
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Big fan. Actually wanted to be an artist at one time. I've got boxes full of them all the way back to the 1970's. Everything from the first 100 issues of the Star Wars comic, TMNT, Dr Who, and a ton of Marvel and DC that most people would kill for. I really collected big time duing the 80's. Still a big DC fan more so than Marvel but I've got to give Marvel credit for making their comics translate into movies much better than DC.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Skeleman 
Posted: 11-Sep-2008, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

Realm: North Carolina

male

QUOTE (Robert Phoenix @ 03-Sep-2008, 09:25 PM)
Big fan. Actually wanted to be an artist at one time. I've got boxes full of them all the way back to the 1970's. Everything from the first 100 issues of the Star Wars comic, TMNT, Dr Who, and a ton of Marvel and DC that most people would kill for. I really collected big time duing the 80's. Still a big DC fan more so than Marvel but I've got to give Marvel credit for making their comics translate into movies much better than DC.

I'd be glad to take some (or all) of those off your hands if you ever feel you like you have too many. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Patch 
Posted: 11-Sep-2008, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

You should be sure to protect them. Mine started in the late 40's to 1956. At that time I found better uses for my expendable cash! I lost them all in a house fire.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 11-Sep-2008, 02:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

My brother and I collected DC and Marvel comics as kids, int he 50s and early 60s. The usual sad story -- my mother threw them all out one day after we were a little older, not realizing what they were worth. sad.gif

I am very found of the Belgian series "Asterix," which I have read in French original and in German. I don't like them as much in English -- seems to lose something. But that little Gaul and his friends and village are a real celtic item!
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]