Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Jesus At The Grammy Awards, Notice who won this year?
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 30-Mar-2005, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Shadows @ 15-Mar-2005, 02:14 PM)
Stop watching the mega -bucks shows if you really want to find the way... those things all go to promoting that which you seem to dispise!

Think for yourselves and stop letting the 1% of this country that holds the monies tell you what is right and good... look into your soul/spirit and follow it and not commercial TV programs.

Music existed well before christianity and has helped raise the spirit of man since the begining. Music began as a form of worship, no matter your faith!

I don't watch 'mega buck shows' in order to find the way. I watch them so I can see what a significant part of our society is interested in. The fact that I already think for myself lets me observe without being sucked in.
If we don't know what is going on in society, in music or art or the written word, we are not going to know how to relate to it. So many times a discussion of a band or a song with someone who does not see things from a Christian perspective has been the perfect opportunity to share with them, to warn them not to believe the illusion that thinner/sexier is better.

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
RivDan 
Posted: 11-Aug-2005, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacElder

female

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 24-Feb-2005, 01:14 PM)
Okay, did anyone else notice how Jesus was noticably present at the Grammy awards?!? I loved it! I have no idea who Kanye West is, but when he started singing his nominated song "Jesus Walks" I sure sat up to find out... this song is about life's negative side and how people need salvation through Jesus. Kanye won both best song and best album (rap) for this number - think of what a 'plug' that is for Christ!

Then the best pop performance for a group went to Los Lonely Boys, a trio whose sound is Hispanic/country/rock - now I had already gotten their album and love it because there is some FABulous guitar there. In the liner notes I'd been pleased to see them blatantly talk about their faith & Christ... but the song they performed on the show and won an award for is called "Heaven" and it actually is a prayer to God about waiting to get to heaven!! Awesome. I love these guys!

Best rock performance went to my beloved U2's song "Vertigo" which is brillant indeed for its perfection as a rock song you simply can't resist dancing to... it doesn't talk about God, but whoever buys the album 'How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb' because they like the single is going to be slapped upside the head with
Jesus. 'Yahweh' is about - you guessed it, Yahweh! So many of the other tunes talk about faith & salvation & God in our lives, the album is even talked about in the press as being U2's most explicitly Christian album yet. Now that's what I call 'being in the world but not of it'.

I am so painfully aware how decadent our world is, how morally decrepit it is becoming, and how as a society we are spiraling downhill at a dizzying rate. It almost depresses me to see how bad things have gotten, and as my talk of Jesus often falls on the deaf ears of people so naive as to think that whatever we each choose to believe is true just because we want it to be... but then I see others taking a stand for Christ out in the public arenas and I realize that there are a lot more Christians out there than I know about. It's encouraging!

Siobhan Blues

Amen!

--------------------
Cameron Clan Roots, but an Heir to Jesus the King of Kings
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 13-Aug-2005, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

yes.gif
PM               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]