Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 17-May-2007, 10:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Couple words of caution on dauschunds. At least in my own experience these dogs are barkers. They bark at anything and everthing. They are also very protective and we usually have to put them in a seperate room with the door shut when company is over. They can and do bite as with any dog but it gets really bad if the any female dog of any species in the house is in heat. We have had to seperate the two boys with cold water from time to time before they kill each other over the female. They are also very highly agresisve when it comes to nose licking-I don't know what it is about the human nose but they are the best at what they do. They are have AD-attention deficit meaning they want to be the center of attention at all times.

They also pretend to be friends with the cats untill you're back is turned. Then it becomes mortal combat.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 20-May-2007, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

It's been crazy busy with us the past few weeks. Our younger son is graduating in two weeks and we are still trying to get the house back in order for his party. I laid a new laminate floor in the living room and dining room. I am about 99% done with it. We have to wait for the new kitchen vinyl to come in in order to complete that room.

We took advantage of the weather and watched our boys play paintball today.
I also added a couple of pics to my gallery, from the park where they play.

TTFN
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 20-May-2007, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hey everyone!!!

I just got back from Iowa, visiting relatives. It was nice to see them again. This morning, my mom, my Aunt Irene (who we were staying with) and I went to Mass at my aunt's Catholic church. Afterward, we went over to the parish cemetery and visited my grandparents' grave. I hadn't been out there since Grandma's funeral.

My cousin's wedding anniversary was held in the small town they live in. The town civic center is actually the gymnasium of the old high school. I told my mom that it looked like they filmed the movie "Hoosiers" there.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 21-May-2007, 04:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Its still cold up here. We actually had a bit of snow up here yesterday. Our Ren faire plans manages to hit the froint page of the paper and the city is building a permanment theme enterance for the faire at the park were it is held. We also have some new business showing up. Walgreens for sure along with a Super WalMart. Rumors also have Hardees, Pamida, and maybe Shopko showing up too. Our town might be finally growing a bit. Its been going downhill for years. Unfortunatly what we reallly need is industry with decent pay not part time retail jobs and it doesn't seem to be happening.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-May-2007, 02:47 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all! Man! Has it been ever crazy at my house! There is so much going on, I don't know where to start and probably better I don't bore you with all the details anyway. All is very well, just crazy busy! smile.gif I have had some major back issues where I have also had to lay very low as well, but here I am to catch up!

One of the busy crazy things I have been doing is photo projects for our church. I have even been given a job description in writing now as the "Pictorial Coordinator." laugh.gif I know I am laughing, but who knew there would be such a need and an official ministry? Believe me I am getting lots of use out of my new camera and learning the many things it can do. And above all, I am enjoying it all so very much!

Me and hubby are going to coastal Oregon the end of June for a family reunion. I SO LOVE it up there. I wouldn't want to live there, but I do immensely enjoy our visits there! I need sunshine! But all us desert rat family members are all flying up there for a week to have vacation and fun and all right on the beach as my brother-in-law's in-laws own a huge beach house right off the waters there! It is so magnificent there!

One my dogs is getting old and requiring more and more medication. I can tell you that I own the vet clinic here in town. biggrin.gif Plus, I think I need to put my doggie on medicare or something as the poor little guy is on so many meds now! cool.gif

Roberto, I had a good laugh about your take on Dauchsunds. I know they are bossy little critters and extremely inteligent, but had no idea of their other anticis! LOL I have several family members who have this breed and I just love them to bits. Another breed my family has are Shitzsu's. (now I know I didn't spell that right), but they are a great breed as well.

Mike, you are very close to your family aren't you? That is so wonderful to be that close to loved ones. Hope you are doing well!

JP. sounds like you are keeping very busy as well. Now that your son will be graduating, does he have any specific plans afterwards?

ballydun, hope you get a beloved Dachsund soon. I really do love that breed, but I have dedicated my life to rescuing Shelties. We all have our favorite breeds, eh?

gwenlee, have been seeing on the news about your wildfires! I hope you and yours are ok. How is your daughter doing? My neice with MS is not doing well at all. We are all very concerned about her. Gosh! It is soooooooo very very hard, isn't it?

Sonee!!!!!!!!!!! So terrific to see you! Hope we have the priviledge of hearing from you more as time permits. Keep in touch, eh?

Iain! How are things with you? Are you still doing photography? Have you had much time to travel? I always enjoy your photos when you do and hope you will post some in the Celtic Hearts section for all us to see, if you choose to share. Otherwise, I hope you and yours are doing very well over the pond!

Dreamer! Great to hear from you as well. How is life treating you? Glad you got pampered on Mother's Day.

For those of you still experiencing cold weather and snow, well we are having very hot temps and field fires as well.

Well y'all take care and speak to you soon!

Rindy 
Posted: 23-May-2007, 11:50 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Cute picture Rosemary.

Just a quick stop in to say Howdy. seems your all doing great I will write when we have more time. Any contests this weekend?
Well best mozy on. Take care and its a pleaseure to see all of you. What cha having for Memorial day dinner? Grilling I hope..OK bye

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-May-2007, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks, Rindy! I will be seeing the Wicked Tinkers in July and hope to have a new pic of them as my sig! They are working on a new CD. Oh how I hope it will be ready for when I see them in July! Hope, hope! wink.gif

Rindy! How are things with you?! Hope you are doing well and talk to you soon!
MDF3530 
  Posted: 24-May-2007, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Hello everyone!

I'm here at the library this evening.

We're celebrating my dad's birthday this weekend. We're going out for dinner Saturday night. I may go to the Chicago Gaelic Park Irish Fest this weekend, but I haven't decided for sure. My big Memorial Day plans include two Johnsonville brats and my George Foreman grill.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-May-2007, 07:54 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Wanted to say hello to all. It has been crazy busy around here, but all goes well.

Hope this finds you all having had a safe and terrific Memorial Day, especially for those of you who have loved one fighting in Iraq and Afganistan!

Take care all!
haynes9 
Posted: 02-Jun-2007, 04:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Well, tomorrow after church I head to Oklahoma with a group of kids for Junior Camp. Assuming I live through the ordeal wink.gif I'll be back to posting next Saturday. June is always a busy month around here, so my presence may be a bit more scarce than usual.

See you all in a week or so! Have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
MDF3530 
  Posted: 03-Jun-2007, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Hello all!!!

I'm here at my parents' again, doing laundry and looking through the help wanted ads! I would also be watching the NASCAR race if it hadn't been rained out.
gwenlee 
Posted: 04-Jun-2007, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey everyone

I'm getting ready for a very busy summer. This week I am off to Blairsville, GA for the games there. I'll be dancing and running the donnachaidh tent.

My sister will be coming down in mid July. I am so excited. It has been 8 years since we have seen each other.

And on top of all of this the construction of our house is suppose to start.

The weather is starting to get hot. And we continue to have problems with the smoke from the wild fires in south Georgia.

I hope everyone is doing well. Be safe as you go on vacation.

Gwenlee
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 04-Jun-2007, 09:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Getting ready for a busy weekend. First Ren faire of the year for us in Twig, MN on Saturday and Sunday. Will definitely be a mead and chocolate mice weekend. Then I get to go to faire on Sunday by myself (hee, hee) while the wife runs and attends the daughter's baby shower. I love my wife and kids but I'm glad I'm not involved with this one. And I finally finished off the last of my wife's ren faire favors tonight and hopefully will be able to send them off tomorrow. Then it's sitting back, getting ready for the next ren faire and the baby. Just hope my kilt comes in in time. For the ren faire that is. rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 05-Jun-2007, 08:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

Hi Everyone, things have been crazy here as well. First of all:

Roberto Phoenix- dogs do bark at everything! My jack russell does at least. But I know that if my chocolate lab starts to bark, it means someone is here. Totally freaks me out late at night. BTw, we have a Pamida in our town, they have excellent clearance at times wink.gif

CR- I have been extremely busy as well. I hope you have a great time in Oregon.

Rindy- Nice to see you too. I hope things are going well and your summer is a good one!

haynes- rofl, you will survive, have a great trip!

gwenlee- I have been busy too, it is always a busy time for the kids especially!

I have been busy with at least 4-5 + games a week, taking two classes, plus looking for a job, babysitting my niece and nephew....the list is endless. I have 2 big papers to do in the next couple of weeks. One is at least 8-10 pages the other at least 8. I have missed being on here and playing in the game room. I thought I would drop by and say Hello to everyone and hope you are all doing well!

PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Jun-2007, 07:04 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Wanted to say hi and hope all is doing well. It is pretty hot here in AZ right now, but that is nothing new. we make adjustments somehow. At least we have dry oven feeling heat here....LOL Gwenlee and all you who live in the south, I bet your suffering with that awful humidity to top off with your heat! Eck!

All is well here. Just been very busy with my photography and many other projects. I also have had so many projects to do for our church. I need to take some online courses to help me be better as a photographer, both technically and artistically. rolleyes.gif

We are also getting ready and pretty excited about our trip in two weeks to Yachats, Oregon. It is soooooooo beautiful there and we can hardly wait to go back and visit. I hope I get some better photos this time around.

Talk to you all soon!

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]