Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Whipper Snappers Room, 35 and Under here!
lschillinger 
Posted: 24-Feb-2009, 10:57 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: The Heart of it All

female

P.S. I've switched sirius channels in an effort to be cool and am now listening to octane. Though I did hear a song yesterday that made me question my decision. It was by a group called steel panther and it was named death to all that isn't metal. Very hmmm interesting and slightly shocking!

--------------------
COURAGE GROWS STRONG AT THE WOUND

"Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead."

“Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.”

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
McRoach 
Posted: 26-Feb-2009, 12:10 AM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
1,303,343 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

QUOTE (lschillinger @ 24-Feb-2009, 10:57 AM)
P.S. I've switched sirius channels in an effort to be cool and am now listening to octane. Though I did hear a song yesterday that made me question my decision. It was by a group called steel panther and it was named death to all that isn't metal. Very hmmm interesting and slightly shocking!

I gave up on trying to be cool somewhere between system of the down and finger eleven. Fortunately I can still bring up a Tool song in conversation and get some respect form the young'ns even if it comes across old school.

I have embraced my aging lately by buying the celtic tribute to metallica, the fiddle as a bridge on Enter Sandman is great. Hero of the day is my favorite on there though.

Check it out

Celtic Tribute to Metallica

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
lschillinger 
Posted: 26-Feb-2009, 09:00 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacHazel

female

I'm curious to know how people in my generation feel about Obama so far. Did Americans make the right choice?
lschillinger 
Posted: 23-Mar-2009, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacHazel

female

Well McRoach, It appears you may be right. Infomericals maybe the most on our minds.....(I sincerly hope I am VERY wrong!). Maybe I'll offer my opinion up first *slaps a bullseye on her back*

I know obama was left with a complete mess...however....He has not made a fan out of me and I'm usually a straight ticket democratic voter (though I will be honest, I did NOT vote for Obama). I'm just not enjoying his whole persona as far as him being an honest man who's going to change it all. I feel like if more people paid attention they'd realize in reality, he is not doing what he says he is going to do (ie the stimulus "pork free" package that was packed full of earmarks!)

Anyone else?
lschillinger 
Posted: 23-Mar-2009, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacHazel

female

QUOTE (McRoach @ 26-Feb-2009, 01:10 AM)
I have embraced my aging lately by buying the celtic tribute to metallica, the fiddle as a bridge on Enter Sandman is great. Hero of the day is my favorite on there though.

Check it out

Celtic Tribute to Metallica

I actually own that album as well! There is also a band...Iron Horse I believe....I will have to check, that does Metallica Blue Grass....Its actually very good as well!
Patriot1776 
Posted: 26-Mar-2009, 06:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: North Carolina

male

QUOTE (lschillinger @ 26-Feb-2009, 10:00 AM)
I'm curious to know how people in my generation feel about Obama so far.  Did Americans make the right choice?

That question's still I think a bit pre-mature, just 3 months into his presidency. Ask me again at the end of the year. He's shown the intention I've been wanting, but he's still going through the growing pains of getting used to the office. My brother, who has been studying political science some in college, tells me that historic or not, Obama's either going to be remembered possibly as the best president since FDR if he manages to reverse the economic collapse and so avert Great Depression II, or he's going to be remembered as inept and somebody who wasn't ready for the job if he fails and we do wind up potentially in Great Depression II.

I applaud the decision to start sending troops to Afghanistan and pulling troops out of Iraq, now that Iraq is more stable, but I don't believe he's doing enough yet to combat the narco insurgency in Mexico. That's gotten to a point where we need to fully treat that as an insurgency and start seriously considering sending some troops into Mexico to give the Mexican army a helping hand, as well as using our Black Ops forces to capture or kill cartel leaders.

--------------------
LP Vinyl Enthusiast - It really needs to be in LP vinyl format for me to most certainly get it. ^^

"Your brother brought me silver, and your sister warmed my soul, but now I laugh and pull so hard and see you swinging from the gallows pole!" - from the Led Zeppelin song "Gallows Pole", 'Led Zeppelin III' album.
PMEmail Poster               
McRoach 
Posted: 03-Apr-2009, 01:21 AM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
1,303,343 Gold!

Here's a thought for you, with modern medicine and technology today, it will be entirely possible for everyone who is 30 and younger to live to 125 years old (granted that you take care of yourself). My goal is to make it to my great grandkids high school graduation or maybe even his/hers kids graduation. The real question is will I be able to save enough money to pay the medical bills until then? I am not banking on medicare or social security, I doubt I can retire until 80 anyways. rolleyes.gif

As for Obama, I leave that subject for the Political thread. thumbs_up.gif
Patriot1776 
Posted: 03-Apr-2009, 07:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: North Carolina

male

I'm not counting on living that long. I've battled so many ailments in my 26 years already that I already feel like I'm 50+, at least when it comes to doing strenuous, physically demanding things for more than a few minutes. Plus, with all the changes going on in the world, I'm not sure if I want to be around that long. There's some changes that, if they happen, will probably get me to asking God to take me sooner rather than later.
PMEmail Poster               
lschillinger 
Posted: 03-Apr-2009, 08:12 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacHazel

female

McRoach...
With all you hear about social security, I've grown not even to count on it. If its there its a "bonus". I've long ago started my 401K although I am probably not contributing the amount I should to live to a 100. I am aslo worried about being 90 and out of income. Its even hard to trust the market these days, and I'm sure that will change several times by the time I retire. I read an article about a 90 year old man working at Star Bucks because he lost all of his money with Madoff. It seems to me that a lot of the younger people today worry about the now, and themselves. I also know a lot of people who have pulled from their retirement just to make it through these tough times.

I once worked for a retirement banker, that told me anything before the age of 40 was basically a bonus. After 40 is when all of the hard work started with retirement savings. I tend to think the same way you do about life expectency increasing (I surely hope it does smile.gif). Right now I am lucky enough to work for an employer who matches my contributions up to 6%, so my goal was to make it to 6% contribution because I was throwing away free money. Every year I've kept half my % of raise and took the other half and directed it towards my 401K. Though right now I've stopped opening my statements because they make me sick lol, but with the extended amount of time I have until I retire..It'll bounce back..I hope!!!
Brian2k7 
Posted: 15-Apr-2009, 02:45 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacElder

Realm: London Ontario Canada

male

Just stopping in to say hello! Only 19 years old...does that make me a baby rather than whipper snapper? haha.
Just to chime in on Obama...I'm starting to feel the same way about Obama as I do Harper. Pre-election I was for him and shook his hand 3 days before he was elected but then once he got in it was a huge disappointment.
What Obama is doing with the auto industry is treason. My family has been provided a life because of Ford Motor Co. for over 30 years.
PMEmail Poster               
Findabhair 
Posted: 23-Apr-2009, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (Brian2k7 @ 15-Apr-2009, 03:45 AM)
Just stopping in to say hello! Only 19 years old...does that make me a baby rather than whipper snapper?

I think I beat you out at 18! What is the youngest age here? Does anyone know?

I think that it is still to premature to tell on the Obama situation but for me anything is better than our previous president. My real concern is the economy (as with most people at the moment). How do you feel about the economic situation we are in at present?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
lschillinger 
Posted: 20-May-2009, 02:40 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacHazel

female

Not good Findabhair...

One thing I have been wondering the past few years...have politics always seemed this "crazy" or am I just more aware of it as I'm getting older. I always felt I had kept up on current events...but the past 6-7 years it seems everyone has gone crazy. The extreme polarization of the two parties is pretty dramatic and it seems like alot of the times the minority to one side or the other have the loudest voice and seem to run things. What about the rest of us who are not polarized to the extreme one way or the other. Maybe its just me....

Seems like we have a lot of whacky things happening....everything to the extremes...irresponsibility, law suits...on and on...
McRoach 
Posted: 25-Aug-2009, 09:19 AM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
1,303,343 Gold!

Here is one that the not so old but perhaps not so young can relate to, My oldest starts school this sept. sad.gif

Where did those first 5 years go? Seems like I was just teaching my child to talk a few months ago!

As for the politics I hope that doesn't become something my family has to debate until the late teenage years.
mcnberry 
Posted: 25-Aug-2009, 04:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

McRoach, I completely understand! I was once asking myself the same question.
My son is 14 years old now and is starting High School. He is taller than me, doesn't want to be hugged anymore (at least not when someone else is around) and he reminds me not talk about the chores he still hasn't finished in front of his friends! I keep forgetting that he is not my little boy anymore. Time flies, treasure every moment of it.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]