Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Suggestion Box, Make suggestions here!
CelticRadio 
Posted: 18-Aug-2008, 05:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,286 Gold!

Well the first version of Medieval Kingdom has been released and I am already thinking about the second version! smile.gif

I think the coordinate system we are using could easily be turned into a big player map with parcels of land representing each members own village/keep.

The first project we need to complete will be the online auction. I think the auction script will run on our website and you can bid for items such as CDs, Prizes, Cash, Shirts, Coffee mugs and promotion items from artists. Hopefully this will be built in a few weeks and we can test it out.

The post rating currently is not being applied to your hourly allotment of gold, food and wood. We expect this to happen shortly and we are probably going to have a minimum resource distribution of 25%.

So if your post rating is 0% or 10% you will receive the minimum allottment of resources.

Any suggestions to make the game better, post them here!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
stevenpd 
Posted: 19-Aug-2008, 09:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

What's the quickest way of getting to the game? The only path that I have found is cumbersome requiring several steps.

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 19-Aug-2008, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,286 Gold!

Does this link bring you straight to the game:

http://www.celticradio.net/medieval/login_status.php

We have this link in the "Services" menu titled "Online Game" and also in the forum icon bar menu all the way to the right.

Thinking on maybe adding an entry to our Community forum menu too if that will help. Let me know if you are getting any error messages while using the above login link.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
stevenpd 
Posted: 19-Aug-2008, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

With both I end up at the main page of the game. This is the first that I recognize the link under the "Services" window. Thanks!
ranger 
Posted: 19-Aug-2008, 06:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

Ok, guys. Sorry to seem so ignorant on this, but I've never played any type of online game before. How do you "score" and move up and advance in this thing????? sadwalk.gif

--------------------
"...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

'The Lord of the Rings' - Book one
PMEmail Poster               
stevenpd 
Posted: 19-Aug-2008, 11:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

You need to recruit some guys, train them and get some more. Then as the game progresses construct buildings and expand your kingdom.
djam1023 
  Posted: 20-Aug-2008, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Pacific Northwest -- but out in the Desert Sun

male

Very interesting concept. I will try and keep up --- and keep learning. Without a solid foundation, there is no Kingdom. Royal06.gif unclesam.gif

--------------------
Slàinte, sonas agus beartas!
DJAM
PMEmail Poster               
ranger 
Posted: 20-Aug-2008, 09:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

Thanks, stevenpd. Hopefully I'll find some free time here soon to read some more into it and explore it a little better.

Thanks again.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 21-Aug-2008, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,286 Gold!

The game concept does not require alot of time. Simply come on once a week and spend a few minutes buying farms, mines, researching. It takes time for those to be built.

What's cool is your Gold displays in all of your topic posts and if you are the King or Queen of Celtic Radio that will display too (by having the best score).
subhuman 
Posted: 21-Aug-2008, 10:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

The post rating currently is not being applied to your hourly allotment of gold, food and wood. We expect this to happen shortly and we are probably going to have a minimum resource distribution of 25%.

I see this as being ripe for abuse. Right now, for example, Rindy and I are competing for first place (at the time fo the posting, it's me. tongue.gif ) If I want to "screw her over" all I have to do is give her poor ratings on her posts and watch her collect less gold.

I see this as being too open for abuse, people giving poor post rating intentionally to make the game more difficult for their opponents.

As much as I'd love to have faith in my fellow man... it's bound to happen.

On to the actual questions posed....
Initially, put your 3 starting workers on gold mining. You're probably not going to need food or wood until you hit at least 15 total workers. At least early on, go for a 4:1 or 5:1 ratio of gold miners to the other classes. Meaning, get 4-5 gold miners, then one each in farmers and lumberjacks. Once you get 8-10 miners, get a second farmer and lumberjack, etc. Once you hit about 20 workers, start thinking about defenses to protect them.
When starting, put your 3 starting workers as gold miners. When recruiting workers, spend at least 750 gold. I never had any success with lesser amounts.

This is new to me too, so maybe my advice is not the best. Take it or leave it. smile.gif

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 22-Aug-2008, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

If you are invited to join a Clan, should you? Who is doing the inviting????? When you click on "information" it only gives you the Coat of Arms & also the Clans name - Clan description and rules. You click on Clan Description and rules, nothing happens. unsure.gif

PM               
stevenpd 
Posted: 22-Aug-2008, 03:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (subhuman @ 21-Aug-2008, 09:07 PM)
[QUOTE]The post rating currently is not being applied to your hourly allotment of gold, food and wood. We expect this to happen shortly and we are probably going to have a minimum resource distribution of 25%.
[/QUOTE]

I see this as being ripe for abuse. Right now, for example, Rindy and I are competing for first place (at the time fo the posting, it's me. tongue.gif ) If I want to "screw her over" all I have to do is give her poor ratings on her posts and watch her collect less gold.

I see this as being too open for abuse, people giving poor post rating intentionally to make the game more difficult for their opponents.

As much as I'd love to have faith in my fellow man... it's bound to happen.[/quote]

I think that Celtic Radio is the one that determines your post rating. This is based on the number of posts and the quality of the posts as well.

When the monthly contest for the most posts was started it was a concern of what determined a post. For instance, in Fun and Games there are only one word answers, whereas in the political forum, some became dissertations, both weighted equally. Here, the algorithm seems to take not only the number of posts but the length of the posts as well as posting habits over the last 60 days. Therefore, as far as the game is concerned, your post-rating will differ as time progresses. The only control over your post-rating is the individual and their posting habits.

This provides some variability to the game which can be controlled by the individual and their posting habits. I think that a minimum post rating should be used, otherwise people with no posting habits would be at a greater disadvantage than other who post often and in voluminous detail. Then what would be the point of participating?

Just my 2 cents worth.
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Aug-2008, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I thought that was how post rating went as well.

How am I suppose to watch the forum when I am in the game all the time? Who's idea was this anyhow??? thumbs_up.gif

I don't understand why my clan name isn't showing up on my screen? the blue one and I have no idea how to get the logo. One more thing to worry about at night while trying to sleep.... laugh.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
TamiMcLeod 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 12:35 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ely MN. and Skye Scotland

female

Hello all, working my way up to the top....

Ok question, it saids it you get 2 votes you get to do the gover thing, i have 2 and the only one with 2 but i don't see that anywhere

also i keep gettign buildings but it doesn't show them, it shows a 0 for my buildings, and i have the lumber yard and mining and farm

i cant find the help i need from help..

thanks
Tami
PMEmail Poster               
subhuman 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 12:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

also i keep gettign buildings but it doesn't show them, it shows a 0 for my buildings, and i have the lumber yard and mining and farm

So far, you've researched how to build them- but haven't built them.
Under the Technology tree, click on "buildings" to actually build them.
warning: research is the cheap part... building them is pricey
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]