> Acts Of Kindness
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Jan-2007, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

I tried to be a good soul today. While out running errands, I saw to large mixed breed stray dogs running lose. since I can't handle seeing stray animals out on the loose, I tried catching and trapping these dogs on my own (very stupid idea, really). Needless to say, they would not come near me or any other human, so wondering if they were feral. At the same time I had the animal control people on the phone to tell them about it and where these dogs were, so hopefully they caught them. I just hate to think that the owners may have lost their dogs or worse yet, they get injured or killed. I am always looking out for animals on the loose.

Then I went to Wal-mart. Hubby is sick and so I had to pick up a Rx for him. While there, I noticed this one young man waiting on his Rx and he seemed very sick. Sadly he was alone and I watched him carefully and the pharmacist interacting with him, who I thought could have done a better job in patient care and others there avoiding him (30 years of me working in the medical field caught up with me there so I was ready to act and not stare). He got his Rx and I told the clerk to keep an eye out on this young man as he appears to be very sick and was there some way we could help him. His cart was full of stuff he needed to help him feel better. I finally went over and talked to him and asked him if he needed help. he said he felt like he was ready to pass out. I asked if he had the flu. he said no, but had a severe sinus infection, high fever that is raising his blood pressure so high he had the shakes. I was probably taking my life in my hands, but I offered to give the guy a ride home as I felt he was in no condition to drive, let alone be shopping...(I had my pepper spray with me)! Anyway, I hung around him to make sure he was taken care of. Turns out the guy was a nursing student and knew what to do and was going to call his uncle to come pick him up. But Wal-mart kept an eye on him and got someone to drive him home as well. Gosh, I just felt so badly for the guy. so all that was my heartfelt *trying to do an act of kindness* for the day. If you any of believe in pray, please pray for this young man who was so sick. I can't even believe he was out alone trying to take care of himself. My gosh, I would have done it for him. sad.gif

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 09-Jan-2007, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

That is so sweet that you did that. I couldn't imagine doing that either, will def. keep him in my prayers!
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 09-Jan-2007, 09:32 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Way to go CelticRose!!!! That was so nice of you... hope your hubby is feeling better soon.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Firecracker 
Posted: 09-Jan-2007, 10:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

female

CR~Hope that your husband gets to feeling better soon

We have a quilting guild that I am very fortunate to be a member of
Today we made baby quilts for a local organization~Crossroads

http://www.crossroadspregnancycenter.org/

We have several blankets to donate thanks to the many ladies
that gave of their time and skills. smile.gif

--------------------
"Let's not and say we did"
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Jan-2007, 11:56 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh how wonderful, Firecracker! Quilts are the ultimate gift for babies and/or anyone. I just love them. How so wonderful for you and your organization!

I wish I could crochet...............but can't seem to learn...........so I could give something wonderful as a baby blanket. Good on you, Firecracker!
mydogisaleprechaun 
Posted: 29-Mar-2007, 04:44 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

Realm: sunny southern california!

female

i always bring a fresh flower or two home for my mum! I'm not too bug on botanicals myself...but i know how much she enjoys having them!
As small or as trivial as it is, I always open the door (wherever i may be) for anyone, especially if they're older or carrying something!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Knightly Knight 
  Posted: 23-Apr-2007, 07:37 PM
Quote Post

King of the Kowboys
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Saint Louis, Missouri

male

Everyday and i mean everyday I wake up and get ready for the world to get to see me. I am so good looking and a wonderful person I just know folks can't get enough of me.

How is Narcissm spelled?

Yes Im kidding, well sort of. but it an attitude of looking forward to seeing eveyone and hearing what they are up to that helps keep me going

--------------------
If Jimmy cracked corn and no one cares, Why is there a song about it?
PMEmail Poster               
TandVh 
Posted: 23-Jun-2007, 05:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The countryside around Exeter, California

male

This forum thread got me to thinking way back when my wife and I had only been married for about 5-6 years, we had three children - a stepson to me- 10yrs. old and two little girls 5 and 6 yrs old. We didn't have much money so couldn't really go to the movies or out to dinner much, but we managed to put together enough to go to the movies- the first movie any of the kids had ever seen. I think it was Disney's aladdin. We got in, but no way had enough money for popcorn or sodas or candy. We were watching the movie and several people in front were having popcorn. My 5yr little girl- Heather- wanted to know what they were doing- so we told her- so she sweetly asks for popcorn and my wife tells here- no honey, we can't afford it. So little Heather says- OK mom- it's just nice to be here anyway. The couple in front of us turned around and gave little Heather and April their popcorn and someone next to them gave little Sabin their popcorn. They even asked us if they could get the babies something to drink and little April says- "no thanks we brought cool water, but thank you so much for the popcorn" even at 6 she was a little charmer.
We,as parents, were extremely touched by the thoughtfullness of those folks!

Thaank you for starting this thread- it brought back a memory I had forgotten and made me think fondly and with a little heartache about my kids who are all grown and gone away know! cry.gif

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
TandVh
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 07-Jul-2007, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Its all these little things in life that make the difference in people.
You and yours I'm sure are very appreciative of what you have and don't thrive for more and more. This is to me good life values and principles and sometimes hard times means "sacrifices" that makes one stronger and more in control when situations are inevitable and able to deal with it.

I think sir your are that kind a person with strong family values and principles.
Thank you for sharing your story with us.

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Jul-2007, 11:37 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I had a great act of kindness shed upon me today. I had received this horrendous medical bill, all the way back from 2005 and when I called and spoke to my doctor's billiing department, they wrote it off as it was not my fault I did never receive the bill! Now I only owe $32.00! I can handle that, eh? wink.gif
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 11-Jul-2007, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

My act of kindness today was to visit my parents on their 54th wedding anniversary
They were not expecting me coming for lunch with them with a bouquet of roses and a card saying how much we love and appreciate them for who they are.

They are getting old and sick both of them and I think it is important to let them know that even busy as we are we MUST find the time to visit them as often as possible and let them know we care.
PM My Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 11-Jul-2007, 08:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Today I did not quit my job-that was my act of kindness to my employers. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Brendan 
Posted: 27-Jul-2007, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Suffolk County, Long Island, New York

male

note.gif I must share this with you folks and this seems to be the right place...
When I was about 24, My stunning wife @ 22 and our 2 children 5 Y/O girl
and 2 Y/O boy, were at my side and expected the paths I was venturing to be straight and true and for their best as always it should.
I Uprooted my family from the northeast (Long Island NY) and moved down to Georgia ,basically on a whim. I was skilled at 2 things, Delicatessen clerk
and plowing snow. Of course the demand for either was nill in this land we were
venturing.
Had I mentioned I had sold everything I had owned to have the money for this trip
and gathered the pitiful stash of a couple of hundred US..? This was pitiful..
I think the sum of everything I'd owned at this time was ...anyway you get the picture. So Off we went and what a wonderful feeling to be off to a new life!

Long story short... We lasted about 4 weeks. and the vehicle I had owned was a 1966 VW bus, Great on Gas but I had to push start it... So everything I loved in the world along with a rediculously cheap record player were headed back north.
Well we ran out of money and gas when I had hit Philadelphia in the blackest snow storm I had seen in a while at about 4:30 in the AM I had to pull over in front of a closed service station, no money...with babies....and no heat...and no one around...
Thank goodness they opened up at about 5:30! But I must tell you this was a frightful hour in my life. I went into the station and there were about 4 patrons
and the clerk inside. I went in with my "High Quality" Phonograph and started the sales pitch. To my displeasure no takers.... I didn't know what to do so I swallowed the lump in my throat and lowered my price with the explanation that was real and honest and still no takers... So... I walked out with my phonograph
and my heart in my throat and behind me one of the patrons walked past me and got their gas and took off and another walked out and walked up to me and said
" this your car?" I nodded yes, he looked in and looked back at me and reached into his wallet and pulled out $25 US and made sure that none of the other patrons were watching before he shoved it in my hand and closed it and started walking away..abruptly? I just was shocked and immediatly started following him requesting his address so I could square this debt. he looked over his shoulder
trying to get away clean and said "Lad.....You'll know one day this will be your task for that day... now get back to your family and be on with you."
Now I have to tell you everytime I think of this moment, and by now its thousands of times, it makes me choke up a bit and certainly puts things in perspective.
So Now My stunning wife @48 and I are "Empty Nesters" and have made a stable
financially sound life for ourselves and our children and Grandchildren now.
I will never forget this moment....It secured and confirmed the taste of honor and
morality that exists in the world around me.
I'm a better person because of that moment.
I wanted to share this with you..

--------------------
Health 'n Laughter,

Brendan
PMEmail Poster               
jime307 
Posted: 03-Aug-2007, 01:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

I also have an act of kindness to share.

We have a music teacher at our school who is about 7 months pregnant and has a young child. My friend and I were at the grocery store and Saw her With a Enourmous amount of groceries, I had no idea how she had got it all in her cart to start with! She was clearly having trouble putting the things away so I asked my friend if he thought we should help her. He Started to object but I was already halfway there and she looked really relieved when we showed up and offered help. When we were done she thanked us and tried to offer us money, but we refused it. after that i felt really, really good inside. I try to do anything I can to help people anywhere I can.

Reading these stories is heartwarming and I think this is a Great post, keep up the good work! (and good stories)

--------------------

St. Patrick's Day countdown banner
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 04-Aug-2007, 06:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

I think that was nice of you what you did.Chivalry don't exist anymore.

The act of kindness that I tend to repeat pretty much everyday is feeding my little friend (chipmunk) Picolo I just can't not giving him any food because these little innocent creature have no place anymore.So to me I make it my duty to give him what he needs.

I've been doing it for 5 years now he comes back every year about the same time April and then around October he goes in hibernation.
PM My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]