RedPop4 
Posted: 29-Jan-2009, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

Realm: Metropolitan New Orleans

male

Since I don't see just a single thread, I guess I must start a thread to introduce myself.

Hello, all.
I"m RedPop from greater New Orleans, I've been listening to Highlander Radio on Live365 since July of 2004, when I got a job where I had my own office and could listen to music without disturbing an entire library (which is my weekly profession.)

I'm a Church musician, I play the organ on weekends; husband, father, friend to a few who'll have me.

I've been enthralled with Celtic music since that fateful night, not sure of the date, long about 1985 when I wandered into Ryan's Irish Pub, then on Bourbon Street and St. Louis in New Orleans to the tunes of the Celtic Folk: Patrick O'Flaherty, Danny O'Flaherty and Noel Nash. Things change, the O'Flaherty's eventually opened their own outstanding pub but marriage and other constraints (mostly financial) kept me from continuing the traditions, but the music never left me.

O'Flaherty's Irish Channel was badly damaged by Hurricane Katrina, and will likely never be, again. But Danny O'Flaherty has many friends here, and returns at least twice a month or more. But I have Highlander Radio to soothe the savage beast during the workday.

I also edit an online cigars and lifestyle magazine Cigar Weekly and I moderate the forums there, as well. We like to think we have something special going. I like to wear a nice hat most days, I sometimes read and post about that, as well. You'll hold me excused if I occasionally post links to articles on CW? I'm rather proud of our magazine whose writers all hail from the ranks of our community members.

Being from New Orleans, I love to eat good food (save for tomatoes, mushrooms, and most veggies...) My mother's side of the family came from Sicily near the turn of the 20th century. I'm less sure of my father's family, but know there's mostly German and Dutch in his lineage, although my great grandmother's last name was McQuillen (McQuillan) and when pressed, I looked up their tartan which was listed as Huntley District. I've worn it once in six or seven years.

Nice to meet all of you,
Tommy

--------------------
Humility is the root, mother, nurse, foundation, and bond of all virtue.
- St. John Chrysostom
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Camac
Posted: 29-Jan-2009, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

RedPop4;

Welcome, Bienvenue,

From Canada The True North. Enjoy the greatest bunch of folk ever.

Camac.

dem032255 
Posted: 29-Jan-2009, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

male

Thanks for starting a newbie thread Red !!!!

I just recently signed up for Celtic Radio online here ...

Love Celtic music ... I play guitar and the piano ... would love to learn the harp and play periodically at Ceildeghs here in Canada ....

My wife and I do Scottish Country Dancing, and are regular church attenders.

When it comes to Celtic Christian Artists its is tough to beat Robin Mark ... who will be here in Canada in March ...

I am semi-retired , but have a contract with Promise Keepers Canada to do some teaching and team building ...

Looking forward to making lots of new friends here ...

David "Dooley" Milmine

--------------------
Manach Tuck
PMEmail Poster                
valpal59 
Posted: 29-Jan-2009, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Welcome RedPop4 and Dem032255!!!! cheers.gif
Welcome to Celtic Radio from the Texas Panhandle. You have found the greatest music and the greatest people. Enjoy.

RedPop4,
I will have to tell hubby about Cigar Weekly. He has just gotten into cigars. I bought him a humidor for Christmas. He has bought some really nice cigars.

Val

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
RedPop4 
Posted: 29-Jan-2009, 04:28 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

male

Excellent Val, hope he likes us.
Long ashes to him.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 29-Jan-2009, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

female

Hello and welcome RedPop4 & dem032255 from Canada...where is the Cold White Desert but oh! so beautiful...

Glad you have join this great community and hope that you will make many friend amongst the greatest crowd on the net.

A lot to explore in here so take your time and I'm sure you will find some topics to your liking and will look forwards to get to know you better and read your future posts in our various forums.

Oh! And every newbie starts a new topic to introduce oneself thumbs_up.gif

Enjoy!!!

LOA smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
jayhenson 
Posted: 29-Jan-2009, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Royse City, Texas USA

male

Just wanted to add my welcome as well. I am a bit closer to you being in Dallas, TX.
I would LOVE to enjoy the sights, sounds, and especially the food of New Orleans. I will sometime in the next few years I hope. I will let you know and maybe you can show me the Celtic side of the Big Easy.

Slàinte

Jay Henson
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 30-Jan-2009, 07:41 AM
Quote Post

Member is Online

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

Welcome aboard Tommy! With an introduction like that you can most certainingly post articles from Cigar Weekly! You've got a real nice website, I like it very much.

And glad to hear that the music of Highlander Radio helps you through the week - like so many other listeners!

Again, welcome to Celtic Radio and glad you posted!

thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Wallace MacArthur
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network

Imagination is more Important than Knowledge
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
delainesunshine1978 
Posted: 30-Jan-2009, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacReed

Realm: Lake Stevens Wa

female

Hello Hello biggrin.gif

--------------------
Follow this link to Dragon site and click the eggs before they can die please :)

http://dragcave.net/account

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
piobmhorpiper 
Posted: 31-Jan-2009, 07:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Ontario Canada

male

Nice to meet you Tommy and I know you will enjoy your time spent here. cheers.gif

--------------------
The Scots of course insist that the pipes produce music. But the point is after all not too important. For those who love them, the pipes can evoke more vividly than any other instrument, high emotion, they can inspire valor, and tell of tragic tales of battles long ago. They can call forth merriment or sentiment. It does not matter what the sound is called, those who are deaf to its merits would not understand anyway.
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Leelee 
Posted: 31-Jan-2009, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Lady Leleanda - Mystic Dreamer
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Hello & a big welcome from Canada, RedPop4 bye1.gif Make yourself at home and take in the great variety of Forums, Music and great people thumbs_up.gif I look forward to reading your Posts smile.gif Enjoy!!!! cheers.gif

--------------------
Slàinte!

Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Beauty is not just all around us, but within us....

"Mo nighean donn," he whispered, "Mo chridhe. My brown lass, my heart. Come to me. Cover me. Shelter me, a bhean, heal me. Burn with me, as I burn for you."(Fiery Cross Quote)
Rindy 
Posted: 01-Feb-2009, 11:36 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome to Celtic Radio RedPop4. I hope you enjoy the music as well as the nice people you will find here on the forums. I look forward to you posting here and I agree with Celtic Radio great website!

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
RedPop4 
Posted: 02-Feb-2009, 12:41 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

male

Thank you, folks, I appreciate all the welcomes and good wishes!!

If it's ok to post CW articles, I'd like to direct those of you who enjoy a "wee dram" to CigarWeekly.com.

Look in Lifestyles for a series of articles called "A Rich Pour" my managing editor, Doug Keubler, is an extraordinary person who has a love for the nectar emanating from the island north of the wall. thumbs_up.gif He's a way with words that I'll never hope to rival.
RedPop4 
Posted: 02-Feb-2009, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

male

Well, that was a horribly botched post, now wasn't it?

Heck, I misspelled Doug's last name, it's Kuebler.
And I should have said "emanating from the part of the island NORTH of Hadrian's Wall" and he HAS a way with words.

thumbup.gif
haynes9 
Posted: 03-Feb-2009, 05:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

A big "hello" from the great Navajo Nation in Northern Arizona to RedPop4 and dem032255. Always good to have new folks coming into the family. Glad to have you here.

Welcome aboard and have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt