ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,291 Gold!

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

user posted image

New Year in Scotland as it's known to outsiders or Hogmanay as it's known to the Scots, is one of the UK's best attractions. As a rule, Hogmanay starts at noon upon Dec.31st going through to midday on Jan. 1st, although in the present day it could actually run to Jan 2nd, all determined by area custom.

The explanation as to why Hogmanay has become so outstanding inside Scotland is simply because Christmas time had been prohibited by the Scottish Presbyterian Church from the 17th century to the 1950's. It is said by many people that the Scottish usually do not really observe Christmas, it is simply the warm up for the big event - Hogmanay!

Festivals occur from metropolitan areas to small communities such as Kilmelford on the western coast. Those wishing a traditional Hogmanay in this kind of restful landscape will get superior self-catering cottages in places such as Melfort Village.

Read more from Celtic Radio...

http://www.celticradio.net/php/news.php?it...edetection=true

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
WallaceGal 
Posted: 31-Dec-2020, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

Did you catch the drone display over Edinburgh castle this year? Fabulous!!

--------------------
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Slàinte!
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRadio 
Posted: 31-Dec-2020, 07:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,291 Gold!

I'm going to have to look that up - that sounds amazing!

Forgot to mention that we are playing our annual Auld Lang Syne Marathon on Highlander Radio. This is about 12 hours of Auld Lang Syne representing around 150 different versions. This year we are mixing in the Parting Glass maybe every 10th song in memory of everyone we have loss to COVID-19. We are also featuring Simply Scottish's Hobmanay show several times between now and tomorrow.

Everyone enjoy their New Years tonight. While we will never forgot 2020, let's hope 2021 brings us brighter days!

thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]