ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,871 Gold!

user posted image

THE VANISHING

Look at the faces of the light keepers Thomas Marshall, James Ducat and Donald MacArthur. These three souls are at the center of a 120 year old mystery that is featured in a film now playing on Amazon Prime called "The Vanishing".

While the film's explanation of how the light keepers disappeared is fiction, their story is not. Flannan Isles is located in the Outer Hebrides off the west Coat of Scotland. It is rumored that the Isles were once used for private purposes by a wealthy family in the 8th century. Later on monks moved to Flannan and built a church dated around 990 (it still stands). By the 16th century the Isles came under the ownership of the McLeod Clan and since 1970 it has been owned by the National Trust of Scotland.

A relief keeper, Joseph Moore, arrived on the Isle on December 26, 1900 to find all three light keepers had simply vanished. He found the entrance gate to the compound and the main door closed and the clocks had all stopped. The beds were unmade and a plate of food was on the table. Extensive damage was found on the west landing where iron railings were twisted and displaced and a block of stone estimated to weigh one ton was displaced. The relief keeper was so upset by what he found, he had to be taken off the Isles.

Over the years many theories have been presented including paranormal activity! Judge for yourself, watch the movie, view the video and do a little research. Certainly an erie mystery that will probably never be solved.

Read more from The Vintage News.

The Video

user posted image
Flannan Isle

user posted image
The Lighthouse Keep 1970

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
WallaceGal 
Posted: 29-Apr-2020, 04:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

I've known the base story for a long, long time. Have'na watched the movie yet, but it's on my watch list.

--------------------
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Slàinte!
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]