Posted: 16-Sep-2004, 07:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Kansas City, Missouri USA

male

QUOTE (Madadh @ 16-Sep-2004, 06:38 AM)
P.S. Most of the lasses are more interested in what is underneath the Kilt and I am not talking about yer legs.

Yeah, so be sure to wear some quality shoes and socks.

That's what you meant, right?

--------------------
I don't think of myself as a lion. You might as well, though - I have a mighty roar.
Jubel Early
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 16-Sep-2004, 08:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

YES, you got it!! (what else is under it??)

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Gordon 
Posted: 16-Sep-2004, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Texas

male

I too thought the itch factor would drive me nuts but, since the first day I put my kilt on there has yet to be any kind of discomfort from the wool. They comb it so well that it feels more like cotton on the skin.

As for the white legs, mine also are pale. Look more like I'm a ghost from the knees down but I don't let it bother me any.

Lord knows I get enough positive comments from the lasses to bolster my ego up far enough that the few rude comments I get just kinda go in one ear and out the other.

I'm actually getting the chance to wear it to school tomorrow so it'll be a whole new experience for my classmates. It's the last day of this module and only thing going on is finals. Practicals are all out of the way (thankfully) so the teacher gave us permission to wear street clothes. Heh, I think I scared him when I asked if that meant what we were most comfy in. laugh.gif

Gordon

--------------------
Lay you down in green meadows amongst the heather for it is there the music calls to your soul and beckons you home.
PMEmail Poster               
Avonlea22 
Posted: 16-Sep-2004, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

Let us know how it goes Gordon!

--------------------
le gach dea-mhéin
~Brian
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Annham 
Posted: 16-Sep-2004, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

female

QUOTE (Annabelle @ 13-Sep-2004, 09:36 AM)
I'm caught, I admit it! We had a thread like this long ago but it went to cyberheaven somewhere in a galaxy far far away!

Wee girls have to check on you guys to see what you are up to!

A

Me too!!! wink.gif

I've let it go by for a few days, but curiosity finally got the best of me, (I think my nickname probably should be "Pandora")... So since I'm here, you know how us women are... hard not to give our opinions.. wink.gif Anyway, here in Tennessee, I haven't noticed too many men wearing Kilts around, actually none, but I think they do look pretty handsome.
Anne thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
“This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.”

~ Dalai Lama
21st century spiritual and political leader of Tibet and Nobel Peace Prize winner (1989)
PMEmail Poster               
scotelass 
Posted: 17-Sep-2004, 12:37 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacOak

female

When it comes to being white or pale, you guys have it easy at least you can cover your legs with hair!!!! biggrin.gif I on the other hand am at a disadvantage, I'm so pale I'm almost transparent! cool.gif I get told all the time that I look like snow-white! wink.gif I can't tell when I'm wearing sport socks! Don't fret over it
MEN IN KILTS ARE HOT!!!! tongue.gif That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it! thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
scotelass, clan CUNNINGHAM
PMEmail Poster               
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 17-Sep-2004, 12:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

Well in times past in England and even today in Japan, pale skin is something to be desired, so don't worry!

now...get back to your ladies room! biggrin.gif
Madadh 
Posted: 17-Sep-2004, 04:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fort Worth Texas

male

Going to the Maryland Renaissance Festival this weekend. It is their Celtic weekend and yes, I will be kilted. biggrin.gif

It is interesting that when you talk about Men and Kilts, the lasses can not keep away.

--------------------
-----------------------
Céad Mile Fáilte

May God hold you in the hallows of his hands

American First, Irish Always

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 17-Sep-2004, 05:48 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I peeped!!!!!! Men in kilts do turn a woman's head. wink.gif Around here where I live, that is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Maybe one day, I'll be able to travel over the big pond and get an eyefull! wink.gif

Have fun Madadh at the Renaissance Festival. Sounds like a fun time to me!

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 17-Sep-2004, 06:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

Madadh, I hope you have a wonderful time, I wish I could come, it sounds lovely.

We have a highland gathering in the south of the state next month, that will be something to look forward to.

maggie, even in Scotland you'll be hard pressed to see kilts worn casually. while the trend is increasing all over the world, trousers still dominate in the western world.

In many other countries unbifurcated garments are the norm, such as India, south east Asia etc.

Here in Tasmania I am one of only two or three in the State who wear kilts outside of "special events" or Pipe Bands, guys don;t know what they are missing!

As far as turning lassies heads, I don't get that a lot, besides, I'm 52 and my wife wouldn't like it anyway angel_not.gif
Aragorn 
Posted: 17-Sep-2004, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Middle Earth

male

I am really excited to for out some family history!!! biggrin.gif On my dad's side of the family his mother's maiden name was Keith, so it looks like my ancestry has scottish blood in it. So does that mean I can claim the clan Keith as my clan? If it does then I would really like to get a Tartan and wear it all the time but only if I can. Does anyone know or can they help me on this? BTW: why are kilts so expensive?? Wow, $384.00 for a kilt?

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
--Robert Louis Stevenson
PMEmail Poster               
Spradley 
Posted: 17-Sep-2004, 08:34 AM
Quote Post

Rocky Mtn Highlander and Renaissance Scot
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Colorado

male

Has anybody worn a utilikilt? They look like they would be durable but not nearly as comfortable as a wool or poly/viscose one. I've looked at Bear's website and Utilikilts' website and can't decide which way I'd like to go. Any thoughts?

Sláinte beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Sláinte

Brad

Deus Juvat "God Assists"

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Robert A. Heinlein

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
talleyrand 
Posted: 17-Sep-2004, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Kansas City, Missouri USA

male

QUOTE (Aragorn @ 17-Sep-2004, 09:16 AM)
$384.00 for a kilt?

Two, sometimes 3 things go into the cost. A) Labour intensive to make. cool.gif Wool costs money and there's a few yards of it in a typical kilt. C) Registered tartans add an additional cost to the material.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Aragorn 
Posted: 17-Sep-2004, 10:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Middle Earth

male

Well, it was initial sticker shock that prompted me to write that. I have seen kilts on the web but I think the true value is in actually being able to touch the fabric and see the kilt right in front of you. I would spend the money for one and I have been looking at the utilikilts and I think they look good.
PMEmail Poster               
Avonlea22 
Posted: 17-Sep-2004, 04:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

QUOTE (sprdleyb @ 17-Sep-2004, 10:34 AM)
Has anybody worn a utilikilt?  They look like they would be durable but not nearly as comfortable as a wool or poly/viscose one.  I've looked at Bear's website and Utilikilts' website and can't decide which way I'd like to go.  Any thoughts?

Sláinte  beer_mug.gif

You might want to look into a Sportkilt, too.

also, there is a website/forum about kilts that's very informative, from what I've looked over so far. it's X Marks the Scot

there is an entire section in the forum dedicated to discussing different brands of kilts.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]