Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (Nara @ 08-Feb-2008, 09:08 AM)
sounds darling. i've never been brave enough to cut mine really short. it tend to cycle...grow it out really long, chop it off and donate it, then grow it back out again. i keep saying that one of these times i won't grow it out again, but i'm just too lazy for short hair. wink.gif

I've done that twice. (cut my long hair off and donated it) I hated doing it, so the donation was about the only thing that made it alright.

I'm off to get my hair cut after work, but I've only got a couple of inches to spare. wink.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 08-Feb-2008, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (oldraven @ 08-Feb-2008, 01:49 PM)
I've done that twice. (cut my long hair off and donated it) I hated doing it, so the donation was about the only thing that made it alright.

I'm off to get my hair cut after work, but I've only got a couple of inches to spare. wink.gif

That's wonderful that you did that though. Is there a required length it has to be then? Thank goodness it grows back...

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Nara 
Posted: 09-Feb-2008, 06:17 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Utah

female

I sent mine to Locks of Love. they require ten inches for hairpieces, but will take slightly less. they sell the shorter stuff to cover their costs. they make their pieces for children with cancer, so i really didn't mind cutting mine too badly. also, i have enough hair for three people and cut it during a particularly warm August, so I was glad to see it go.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 10-Feb-2008, 11:17 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I know that feeling of having too much and it is so hot in the summer but so warm in the winter. I do think it's great your donating to these people.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
pflanary 
Posted: 13-Feb-2008, 10:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Southwest VA (Lee Co.

female

Well, today's the day. Do I go for the boycut or just get it cut? Whatever I do I need to cut about 6 inches off just to get rid of the splits. That would leave only 3-4 inches of hair, so I guess I might as well go all the way. I have only had this hair stylist do a pretty blunt cut before, so I hope she will do a good job with the chop. Wish me luck!!
I donated my hair the last time I went from long to shortish. Would have done it all the times before if I had known I could.

--------------------
God then made man. The Italians for their beauty. The French for their cuisine. The Welsh for their voices. The Germans for their cars. And on and on until He looked at what He had created and said, "This is all very well, but no-one is having fun. I'll have to make an Irishman."
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 13-Feb-2008, 08:44 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Well what did you decide pflanary? I hope it turned out fine.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
pflanary 
Posted: 15-Feb-2008, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

I went for the boy cut. I plan to do the color this weekend. I chickened out on the true red and bought light auburn. I'll see if I can get a picture posted after I get the color done.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 15-Feb-2008, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I would love to see a picture pflanary.. Good luck.... smile.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
pflanary 
Posted: 25-Feb-2008, 07:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

I finally colored my hair yesterday but it's not very noticable except in the sunlight. Under the floresent lights at work the only noticable effect is to hide the gray better. Next time I will go for the true red. I will post a picture as soon as I can get one taken. I don't have a digital camera or the bandwidth to upload a picture at home, so I'll have to wait until I visit Da.
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 25-Feb-2008, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

I've been very pleased with my colour for the past six months or so. I've been going a bit lighter brown than my original (dark, dark, dark brown!) because it just doesn't look natural anymore. I'll leave that to a couple of my kids who still have those dark Italian features. I went a bit reddish last year because I was supposed to go to Dragon*Con as President Roslyn from Battlestar Galactica (fortunately, a more mature character on tv - she's close to my own age - has long reddish/brown hair). But I am not really happy with that much red in my hair. It just doesn't look "right" on me. So, we're back to adding blonde to my brown and, interestingly, because my stylist uses a good product that doesn't give you that solid all-over one-colour look, the blonde just adds a lot of highlights to my hair. It picks up differently on the (cough, cough) white than it does on the natural brown. One of these months, I'm supposed to actually have highlights done but that's too expensive.

On the length side of things, I've been growing my hair out since a couple of years ago when it was quite short. Getting it trimmed monthly does keep it healthier but it seems to take much more patience on my end. But it's definitely shoulder length and a bit more. I can put it up (like today), keep it down fairly straight (with a bit of coaxing from the blow-dryer) or even use the electric curlers and have lots of bouncy waves. I like it this length - the only thing I might change is to go a little lighter in the colour department.

(gee, you think I ought to actually do some work today instead of hanging out here?...naw!) wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Perkeo 
Posted: 25-Feb-2008, 10:28 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Drink
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #1
3,383,977 Gold!

King of CelticRadio!

Clan: AWARE

A few years ago I had a job that didn't mind me growing my hair and I had never had my hair very long so I decided to see what I looked like. I let it grow for about 5 years and then shaved my head. I went from one extreme to the other over night. I donated my hair when I shaved it. It was about 23 inches long.

If any one is interested in donating their hair here is the web page: Locks of Love

--------------------
Member since 2004
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 25-Feb-2008, 11:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

So far, two of my daughters have donated hair to Locks of Love, as well as my hair stylist and her twin sister. My hair's not long enough and I don't plan on going short for a long time but, when I do, I'll donate mine, too. It's a great idea.
Rindy 
Posted: 26-Feb-2008, 02:38 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

pretentiouswombat--naw do hang out here instead!!! lol.

I didn't realized so many people donated their hair. I think it's fantastic. thumbs_up.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 27-Feb-2008, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Okay, rindy, I'm here - and I'm hangin'

tongue.gif

So, yesterday, I blew my hair dry and it turned out lovely. Then I looked outside and it was raining. Why did I go to so much effort to fix my hair when I knew it was just going to get frizzy in the weather? grr... So, I pulled it back and left it like that all day at work. When I got home, I undid the clippie and my hair looked fantastic! I couldn't believe it. If I had wanted it to turn out that way, there's no way I could have done it. No frizzies - just the right amount of wave - crazy.

The way I look at it, I think I'll go for about 6 more inches and that will be the length we'll keep it for a while. That would put it just past the middle of my back. It's finally at the length where I can reach around and grab it without looking up to make it hang down longer. My stylist has layered it just a tad, too.

So, I'm thinking there's really no rule anymore that says you're too old for bangs. Mary McDonnell is older than I am and she often wears her hair with long bangs. (That's also pretty much the hairstyle I have - she's the actress from Battlestar Galactica I was referring to earlier.)

ctbard 
Posted: 10-Mar-2008, 08:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Connecticut

female

Why does your hair always look perfect the day of your hair appointment? and like crap the other days? Bangs are good, I'd look like a freak without them.

--------------------
The devil whispered behind the leaves, it's pretty but is it art?
Rudyard Kipling
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]