> Clann An Drumma, Highlander Radio Featured Artist
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Oct-2005, 06:08 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Many thanks, anhrefn for the translation and prenounciation. smile.gif As I said, I have several friends who speak Welsh. I have a really hard time with that launguage. Have tried to learn Scots Gaelic instead, but that is rough too! unsure.gif Where I live, I should be relearning my Spanish! laugh.gif

Hey! I heard that CAD was working on 3 CDs for us. How exciting is that? smile.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 09-Oct-2005, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

Anyone know what's going on with the CAD site?
I've asked about T shirts and CD's, never get a reply, the broadcast is down to.
any news welcome

--------------------
Rindy 
Posted: 10-Oct-2005, 09:34 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hey there Tassiecelt.. check your email and private messages..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 07:20 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I talked with Joe and he told me to go ahead and post this article out of Faerie Magazine: Its a very nice interview with the band.

From Joe..."I would like to thank Faerie Magazine for giving us the opportunity to say Hi to everyone. I'm Joe Kilna MacKenzie.
Having been a drummer for many years, it is a real pleasure to be able to play to so many, spread all over the world. There is nothing more satisfying than to watch our audiences enjoy themselves at our gigs. We constantly tour and try our best to keep the energy flowing. Sometimes it is not so easy, say, after a long flight and then a longer drive but as soon as the buzz from the crowd forms we go at it like berserkers. At the moment I am working on three new CD's and preparing for whatever the future holds for us. As always, look forward to keeping it tribal. One of my goals is to open a historical village where the true history of Scotland can be told and where people can meet to enjoy this country that I love so much. Until we meet again, Slainte Joe

From Kyle... "I joined the band a year ago and play conga drums. Having been involved in music and dance since the age of four I have always enjoyed performing, traveling to new places and meeting new friends. For ten years I studied highland dancing and at the age of 14 I joined a pipe band to learn side drum. I kept that up for three years and was given the chance to become the bands drum major which lasted one and a half years. I had not played for a while when the chance to join Clann an Drumma arrived at my door and the rest as they say, is history. "

From Donnie...
"Alright out there, I'm Donnie, piper with clann an Drumma. I have been with the band for six years now and I can say that it has given me the opportunity to go to places that I never imagined. America, Spain, Russia, France, Germany, Korea, Norway, Italy and Holland to name just a few. It has been a blast, I love to see people smile when we perform and an added bonus is meeting so many great characters. I hope to see lots more on my travels and look forward to the years ahead with Clann an Drumma.

From Jacquie...
"For those of you who do not know me, I'm a drummer, singer and percussionist with the band. Being the only girl in the group and having traveled all over the world with these guys. I have to say I've gained an interesting insight into the world of men and had a lot of laughs along the way! When we started the band nearly six years ago, I don't think I anticipated just how far and wide the music would go, but it has been a wonderful adventure so far! For me, freedom of expression is important. Being able to have that hand show it through our work, makes me appreciate what we do. Our music, history and culture is what I love and it defines who I am."

From Jamesie...

"I've been drumming with the band for about five years now. What I like to think I bring to the line up is energetic and aggressive drumming. For me, it's like entering a zone when we play, like sinking back into your inner self and letting your feelings come to the surface. Now those could be feelings of happiness or rage...different days, different feelings!"

From Aya

"Being part of Clann an Drumma has been a really amazing experience for me. It's given me the opportunity to see a lot of the world and make some good friends. The real pleasure I get from being in the band, is when we are on stage performing and I look out into the audience and see all those smiling faces. It makes me happy to think I am part of something that brings joy and happiness into peoples lives. I feel very lucky to be in this position."

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 07:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

Thanks Rindy for all your efforts to get me in touch with CAD.

I've emailed them and await a reply, they sound busy, I hope soon to be able to order more of their products and help promote them here in the Colonies.

Nice to read the news of the lads and lassie.
Rindy 
Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 07:42 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Ah, your welcome tassiecelt.. They are very very busy and thats a good thing. Let me know if your email is answered ok? The site is going for a face lift soon. Not sure what you mean about troubles with the site.??

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
cynni 
Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Huntington, IN

female

Thanks Rindy for posting the article. that is really awesome article. thumbs_up.gif
I was thinking of going to the Bookstore and getting the magazine.
I have heard that alot of people have trouble getting there magazine.
I think it would be awesome to go to Joe's historical village when he gets it going. Save money for trip to Scotland. My husband has always wanted to go there. He started talking about that when we first got married.

--------------------
"We all get heavier as we get older because
there's a lot more information in our heads."
So I'm not fat, I'm just really intelligent and my head couldn't hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me!
"Mama Tater"

PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 09:17 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi cynni, your welcome. You might of seen it already..Now if I can update a picture and get Macfive a newer cd-I will be happy.. tongue.gif I had no trouble getting my magazine I think they just had no idea of volume that Clann An Drumma would generate.
The magazine is well worth the subscription.

I would make a point of going to Scotland to see Joes museum. I think that is a wonderful idea..
I hope you guys get to go over there..

Can't wait for the new CD's either..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 09:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

Hi guys...I just had to post this here as I knew you all would appreciate it...this is what I posted on CAD tonight:

Hi all...I just had to share this one!

Tonight my son (just turned 9yrs) told his sister she could NOT be a drummer as 'girls don't drum' he said in his many years of wisdom. His sister (almost 8yrs) then told him..."I can if I want to" then she came & told me. I had heard the whole thing already and had a thought... I brought them both in to the puter...pulled up the CAD Wallace clip and told them...Remember CAD that we always listen to? They both nodded their heads. Then I played the clip for them...pointing out JACQUIE to them both. My daughter had a large grin on her face and my son said..."Huh, I guess girls can drum."

Apparently, I had never mentioned that there was a 'girl' in CAD and now my daughter has proof that girls can drum. SO they are both now...tapping their sticks on his practice pad! I suppose I should have asked her too if she wanted lessons!

The sexes have equalized in my home again!!!

Thanks Jacquie - on behalf of my daughter and for teaching my son another valuable lesson on 'the things a girl CAN do'

Leave it to kids!!
They are Tribal-ized!!

--------------------
CelticRoz 
Posted: 14-Oct-2005, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey! Way cool! Amy! And yes, it is true that male and female can be drummers and be awesome at it! CAD's female drummer, Jacquie, has been an inspiration to me and wished I had discovered her many years sooner or I would have been one. Oh well! I can celebrate with her, eh? And enjoy the CDs in the meantime!
Celtic_one 
Posted: 17-Oct-2005, 09:16 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Michigan till I freeze like a popsicle, or finally get smart enough to leave.

female

My daughter and I met Clann An Drumma in glasgow, KY. My daughter is six and has every thing from their photos to their cd's I am just lucky that Clann An Drumma has brought my daughter such joy. Thank goodness that we can agree on what good music really is. The music comes from their souls, and they really put a peice of themselves into each beat they play, and heart into every note they sing. Seeing them in concert is amazing. It is as if the music lifts you to dance, before you know it your on your feet. I can't say enough about celtic music in general. Clann An Drumma just takes the love of the music to the next level. And of course it doesn't hurt that they are all so dang cute! And Jacque is so beautiful. And they are all truely loved by my daughter, wonderful people they are.
PMEmail Poster               
Celtic_one 
Posted: 17-Oct-2005, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Michigan till I freeze like a popsicle, or finally get smart enough to leave.

female

My daughter and I met Clann An Drumma in glasgow, KY. My daughter is six and has every thing from their photos to their cd's I am just lucky that Clann An Drumma has brought my daughter such joy. Thank goodness that we can agree on what good music really is. The music comes from their souls, and they really put a peice of themselves into each beat they play, and heart into every note they sing. Seeing them in concert is amazing. It is as if the music lifts you to dance, before you know it your on your feet. I can't say enough about celtic music in general. Clann An Drumma just takes the love of the music to the next level. And of course it doesn't hurt that they are all so dang cute! And Jacque is so beautiful. And they are all truely loved by my daughter, wonderful people they are.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 17-Oct-2005, 09:43 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Celtic One!

I am glad to hear you have been tribalized! I think that Clann And Drumma not only are wonderful musicans but it's so wonderful the way they treat their fans..Do you or your daughter have a favorite song?

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 18-Oct-2005, 09:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (ArizonaAmy9 @ 13-Oct-2005, 10:22 PM)
Apparently, I had never mentioned that there was a 'girl' in CAD and now my daughter has proof that girls can drum. SO they are both now...tapping their sticks on his practice pad! I suppose I should have asked her too if she wanted lessons!

This is great! Here's more proof for your daughter (and as it happens, this woman is Scottish):
http://www.sbgmusic.com/html/teacher/refer...rs/glennie.html

I agree with everything everyone is saying about this band. I have had "St. MacKenzie" on my list of favorites to request from the very beginning, and I will never take it away. They have that kind of connection with the soul roots no matter what they do.

And they do get the feet going!

Celtic_one, I think it's wonderful that your little girl is such a devoted follower of this band, as well as having such an ear for the things that really matter (roots, soul, excellent musicianship). I bet they'd love to hear from her -- it's the next generation coming up that make the most terrific fans. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 18-Oct-2005, 10:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

biggrin.gif Thanks stoirmeil - I've marked her site as a fav & will share with my little guys when they get home. My son & daughter are only a year apart & so do most things together - normally very equally. But every now & then my son will say..."KiAnna, you can't do that....you're a girl!" He must learn THAT at school. Seeing as how his older sister is the number 1 ranked goal keeper in the state of AZ in her age group...he should know to never utter that phrase! So it was really fun to show them that CAD video. It never even crossed my mind to say...hey guys...one of their drummers is a woman even though they'd heard her sing...just didn't know she had a pair of sticks too....but it has stuck with them now!

Funny how when so many people hear their music & from so many different places that we all come away with the same feelings....music that comes from the soul that speaks to another soul! That must be one of the greatest feelings to a muscian. I sure hope we (you know who we are!!) get to see them live one of these days ourselves...it does appear though that the only way will be a long road trip!!

Have a great day everyone!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]