Raven 
Posted: 04-Dec-2003, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

I've never been to a real castle but I have lots of pictures that a friend took and allowed me to scan biggrin.gif

A castle visit is on my list of things to do!!

Mikel

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 04-Dec-2003, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

well... I can understand that wifie wink.gif Castles are nothing else than houses with big walls which are just terribly drafty and cold... nothing too great actually. I'd rather live in a nice done up cottage somewhere than a castle *grins*

I used to have a boyfriend who's grandfather lived in one of the castles at the Rhine.. We went and stayed there for a weekend... trying to find the kitchen was an adventure in itself!

It costs loads of money just to keep them things heated, not taking repairs and stuff in account.

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
barddas 
Posted: 05-Dec-2003, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

Well, living in and near Cincinnati, Ohio all m'life. I am very aware of Loveland Castle. Nice place.

As far as Castles of old... I have seen a few.

Edinburgh Castle- Stunning! Just beautiful. Sitting high atop the jagged rock above the city. It is a site. The view from the top near the 'one o'clock gun' is great. On a clear day you can see ships in the harbor. Truely inspiring. And the memorial to fallen soldiers..... wow!!! The little Chaple.... peaceful,

StIrling Castle- I only saw this one from a distance. What I saw of it was beautiful. And the Wallace memorial, had beautiful detail.

There are a few in Scotland that were in various stages of disrepair...that I don't know the names of off hand. They were between Glasgow and Edinburgh. Possibly up near Loch Lomand... I can't recall off hand.. I will have to go back and read what I wrote down during my trip. wink.gif

Cardiff Castle- Which is in Wales. I really liked this one. Not old and like Edinburgh...More early Victorian if I remember correctly. ( Please correct me if I am wrong) In the center is the original turret. The first part of the original castle. Built by ....I don't remember...

But that is a quick and seemingly lengthy experience with castles....

Cheers

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
Derfel 
Posted: 05-Dec-2003, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Bad Berka

male

If anybody is interested in more german castles.....
Here are enough for the next 4 weeks! biggrin.gif

Sláinte! beer_mug.gif

Derfel

Burgenwelt

--------------------

Who the truth speaks needs a fast horse

www.floydsworld.de
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 06-Dec-2003, 02:53 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

hehe true, but I think the most beautiful castles you find in France... I once did a trip to the Loire with a friend of mine and we rented a wee boat and shipped up and down the Loire.. Great! Some of the most beautiful castles that I've ever seen are standing there. Also there's alot more very old towns standing around in France. Medieval villages en masse! (specially in the west & south)

I can only recommend going to Normandie and Bretagne, simply because it's beautiful aswell as historically very nice. I like the History of both, and I think I will maybe move there once I'm old and have a wee house and an apple orchard wink.gif

When you go there (there's not only Menhirs standing/lying around) visit Quimper, it's a really really beautiful town, parts dating back to the 10th century AD. It's not only being close to that part of France for me, it's also it's History and People.. they are so different from anywhere else in France (yes, yokels, but hey!). My relatives down in Morbihan own a lovely living tower from the 15th century. Whenever I visit them I sleep in there, on the top floor (and of course in my imagination I'm back in some other time).
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]