Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Has The Court Jester Been Executed?, Where's Maisky?
Rindy 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 09:29 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

Here Here well said Maggie I'm with ya!!!

Slainte cheers.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Haldur 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 10:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Grayson, KY

male

Here's my take on the Kentucky license plate/travesty of matter.

In my opinion, being a Kentuckian myself, the Kentucky license plate is a disgrace to all living organisms and to art itself. I refer to it as "The Teletubby Mess" and "The Metallic Sheet of Escrement Upon my Automobile".

Yes, you heard me correctly...I have one. I know...hiss all you want, but I have the disgusting little thing on the back of my '93 Nissan Sentra. Could I BE any more of a dork. Probably not. Here's why.

1) I have to crawl out of the passenger's side door because my driver's side door is locked shut. During the first ice storm this winter, my driver's side door froze shut and petered out. I hear ya...make all the "Dukes of Hazzard" jokes you want.

2) My heater did not work for the longest time, well up into the middle of January in fact. My car is slowly falling apart. Nice to hear, isn't it? smile.gif

3) In case you haven't noticed yet, I'm being a bit smart-elic tonight...but hey, it's funny! Laugh, I say! smile.gif

4) The Kentucky license plate sucks! I could design a much better one that would at least bring an end to all the projectile vomiting that out-of-staters get when they lay their innocent eyes on such filth.

5) Most folks would be laughing by now. Go ahead. Let the milk squirt out your nose if need be. It helps.

So there you have it! Oh, almost forgot...I'm gonna design what I think the Kentucky license plate should be from here on out, see what you guys think! It'll probably either go here or in the Art Work thread in Celtic Hearts, don't know yet.

wink.gif Toodles.

--------------------
Haldr, Traveller of the Great Forest

"After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done."

- Unknown

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Haldur 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 10:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Grayson, KY

male

Just for giggles I've re-vamped the existing Kentucky license plate with a little humorous flavor. Here's the link...

http://www.celticradio.net/php/forums/inde...ic=1789&st=360&

Bust a stitch everyone...bust a stitch!

[that means "laugh really hard" in Kentuckian wink.gif ]
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Keltic 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 10:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

I was going to just sit back and take in this thread but I'm feeling so lonely on the outside.

When I first found this site almost two years ago, there was a whole different crew of people here. Most of the people who are being looked at as 'veterans', haven't been here much longer than myself. A large part of members who were posting when I arrived, don't seem to be around as much now. Why??? Only those people can answer. All that I know is that I have found a community which I enjoy. In any community there are going to be a huge number of personalities. Some rules inevitably have to be created so that the largest percentage can enjoy the community and feel welcome. There will ultimately be some grumbling but for the mostpart, I think that the few rules that are in place here are not to infringe on freedom of speech, but to make sure that things don't go too far in alienating a number of people. Paul has built the structure of this community and we have all made it home. When we no longer enjoy our surroundings, instead of trying to take down the community, it is better to move on.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
Madadh 
Posted: 02-Mar-2005, 06:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fort Worth Texas

male

I don't talk as much aas I could, in fact I only get her while at work. This is the one site I do not mind comming to while at work because one does not have to hide anything here. It is a safe fun site to be at.

And the music is grand, when work lets me listen to it. biggrin.gif

--------------------
-----------------------
Céad Mile Fáilte

May God hold you in the hallows of his hands

American First, Irish Always

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
JaneyMae 
Posted: 02-Mar-2005, 08:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

Ya know, this thread was started because my big brother hasn't been on in awhile. Then things kind of got out of hand, as they did one other time in the year and 3 months that I have been a member. Several have been driven away during that time, including myself, but a few have come back. I have no idea what the "peckery incident" is. Maggie, you know that when I call you a "Mod Troll" it is with the deepest affection tongue.gif During the time of that "Mod Squad" thread we were trying to lighten things up. Just as we need to here. People come and people go. There are threads which I avoid because I don't want my feelers bent...I prefer to keep it light. So, couldn't our CR family please, PLEASE move on? Especially if Mac is buying!!!! That means the DRINKS ARE ON THE HOUSE!!! SET 'EM UP BABY!!!!!!

And, yes, the Kentucky lisence play is quite silly jester.gif

cheers.gif beer.gif

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
oldraven 
Posted: 02-Mar-2005, 09:07 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Well, those stories aren't mine to tell. As much as I enjoy coming to this site, and the people here that have become my friends, and yes, that's the majority, I feel less and less like reading through. Mac, the last thing I want to do is cast a shadow, but I won't pretend everything is hunkey dorey. There are double standards with the rules. That's a bit of a piss off, and has cost me a lot of my favorite posters. The mob mentality gets old pretty quick, too. 'You cross me, you cross my homies' rolleyes.gif

But the biggest change to the site is I'm seeing an overwhelming amount of fluff. Topics that make me feel a little stupider every time I read them. There's been a decline in the quality of conversation here, and I don't think anyone can deny that. Of course, this is something that can be remedied. Getting those quizes out of the general forum helped a bit. They are as meaningful as the flash game section. (yet I still find myself checking them out once in a while). It seems the only decent threads are found in the politics forum. I mean, come on. Word association? 4 word stories? These are time killers, not conversation. And would someone please lose the post counter. That's seems to be everyone's focus these days, and probably has more to do with the amount of fluff than anything else.

All that said, I do still have celticradio as my home page, on both my work pc and at home. I won't give up on it, as I don't think things have gotten to that. I do still count the people here as friends. Enemies are useless on the internet. If I don't have them in real life, why would I want them here? I also never understood the point of leaving a site. It only punishes yourself.

I will take that beer, and offer one in return. beer_mug.gif king.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Lil 
Posted: 02-Mar-2005, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Spring Hill, Florida, USA

female

beer_mug.gif

Make mine, whiskey, please, straight up, no rocks! JD if ya got it, but I'm not picky, so any ole whiskey you have hanging about will do, Mac, even a good Bourbon will do in a pinch! wink.gif

Lil

PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 02-Mar-2005, 09:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Well said, Raven. I'm guilty of adding to the fluff because I don't usually have time for anything else. I quit going to the politics forum because there was a member who really, really, really got on me. I am a lover, not a fighter wub.gif

Anyway, yes many have moved on to other things. alucard.gif I have and only come here at work if I have a few minutes. Otherwise, I play elsewhere or read (yes, the teacher reads books) book.gif

So, on the 160 other beasties........how droll
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 02-Mar-2005, 09:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Lil @ 02-Mar-2005, 09:12 AM)
beer_mug.gif

Make mine, whiskey, please, straight up, no rocks! JD if ya got it, but I'm not picky, so any ole whiskey you have hanging about will do, Mac, even a good Bourbon will do in a pinch! wink.gif

Lil

fear.gif oh no...........a younger version of me.......... fear.gif martini.gif
Lil 
Posted: 02-Mar-2005, 09:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

I would be proud to be, JaneyMae! I would love to teach, especially little kids......

and I read too, current count in the at home Library called the living room, is 386 books, and that's not including the ones on the entertainment center, nor in our bedroom......I loooooooove to read!!!!!! My daughter does too, now we just have to get the boys to like it, too.

user posted image

However, lol, I was not meaning to change the topic.

Lil
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
Posted: 02-Mar-2005, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Change the topic!! Please change the topic!!! Especially since no one will tell me what all the dissention is about whistling.gif

Teach? You want to teach? Silly girl.......Low pay, few rewards (except summer off), harsh working conditions, parents aren't parents anymore so it's your fault their baby is on drugs and into prostitution (yes in the elementaries), & the government doesn't see the value of education. oops.gif looks like I'm getting into the political arena..........
Lil 
Posted: 02-Mar-2005, 09:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Ok...maybe I'll do that now, bout that particular subject...but don't worry, they won't tell me, either, so let's divert the topic together!!!!!!

Lil
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 02-Mar-2005, 10:41 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

HELP

I am being held prisoner in Annabelle's dungeon. She is feeding me on a diet of soda bread (not bad) and milk (Yuck!!!!). Please send a cake with a file in it, and a case of Tullamore Dew.

Love,

Maisky

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 02-Mar-2005, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Maisky, look what you've done. laugh.gif All this fuss, and you've been holed up, being waited on hand and foot by Deb the Red!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]