Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
823,224 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

I understand that MK is taking a back seat for some of the other projects that CR is working on right now but I just wanted to take a moment and throw out some of the suggestions for when time allows work to resume.

1. Add a digit or two to everything. training more than 9999 units, or selling more than 999.999 food/wood on the market would be really nice.

2. Put a limit on the number of Farms, Mines, and Lumber camps a kingdom can have. Perhaps even a rule that allows MORE to be made if a kingdom is part of clan. This would help reduce the need for a reset.

3. Set a population limit. This would eliminate players sailing right to the top of the ranking ladder because they bought 9000 workers by accident or choice.

4. Make troops cost resources AFTER they have been created. Doing this would help add a new strategy to how kingdoms attack and defend themselves. If a player has a HUGE army that player would have to have a lot of farms to feed the troops and mines to pay them with. If there is a limit on the number of buildings (as mentioned above) then no one player would be able to build up so strong that any or all other kingdoms could knock them back down.

5. Allow army's to meet in battle outside of a kingdom. Perhaps a common fighting area could be created where kingdoms that are in a clan could combine armies.

I have mentioned all these in other forums and discussions at one point or another, I just thought I would put it them all in one place to help when work MK can resume. Players of MK I am curious how you feel about these.

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
Heartless75 
Posted: 27-Jun-2010, 08:49 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: South Carolina

male

QUOTE (McRoach @ 27-Jun-2010, 03:59 PM)
1. Add a digit or two to everything. training more than 9999 units, or selling more than 999.999 food/wood on the market would be really nice.

2. Put a limit on the number of Farms, Mines, and Lumber camps a kingdom can have. Perhaps even a rule that allows MORE to be made if a kingdom is part of clan. This would help reduce the need for a reset.

3. Set a population limit. This would eliminate players sailing right to the top of the ranking ladder because they bought 9000 workers by accident or choice.

4. Make troops cost resources AFTER they have been created. Doing this would help add a new strategy to how kingdoms attack and defend themselves. If a player has a HUGE army that player would have to have a lot of farms to feed the troops and mines to pay them with. If there is a limit on the number of buildings (as mentioned above) then no one player would be able to build up so strong that any or all other kingdoms could knock them back down.

5. Allow army's to meet in battle outside of a kingdom. Perhaps a common fighting area could be created where kingdoms that are in a clan could combine armies.

I agree with #1.

#2 could work depending on the limit

#3, I think workers shouldn't count toward your score instead.

#4, yeah, and if you don't have the required amount of buildings, then you would lose soldiers to either revolt or starvation. I think the occasional plague sweep would be interesting. Watch an amy get cut in half in a matter of days. Plus, I think more research could be added. Just make it extremely expensive. Have something like medicine research and it lowers death rate for the plague for each level of research and other such things.

#5, I agree and think it could also be used for even ground fights to still enable fighting with a city being massacred by trebuchets or guard towers masacring an enemy army.

But first, the knight needs to be made effective.

--------------------
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the enemy die for his.
PMEmail Poster               
McRoach 
  Posted: 02-Jul-2010, 09:10 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
823,224 Gold!

QUOTE (Heartless75 @ 27-Jun-2010, 08:49 PM)

But first, the knight needs to be made effective.

I think everyone in MK would agree with that one!
olorin 
Posted: 03-Aug-2010, 12:36 AM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

Realm: Virginia

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
174,023 Gold!

I pretty much agree with everything here.

I addressed #1 already, but if these other things were implemented into the game than this would be a non-issue.

I really like the idea of #2 and I think I mentioned something similar to this elsewhere.

#3, Meh, I'm not so sure about this one, making the workers more interactive in the game would eliminate this problem I think.

I think workers shouldn't count toward your score

Along with this I feel strongly that workers need to be made more useful, and more costly. This alone would take care of many problems within the game.
Extend #4 to cover the worker and you'll be on to something for sure.

I love the idea of #5 and I think alot of us have longed for such a feature from the beginning. To be able to have "skirmishes" and "war games" for amusement that wouldn't destroy kingdoms, and being able to combine your efforts with others, (even those not in your clan) would be wondrous fun. You could have 2 vs. 2 team matches, entire clans battles. Clans could skirmish with each other to develope better fighting strategies; the possibilities for this are endless. thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Slŕinte,
Olórin of Valinor
-----------------------------------------
You can't regret what you don't decide - Shimon Moore
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 08-Aug-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,546 Gold!

Keep up with the ideas. I can tell you we are going to review all of these messages once we start on full blown development.

Unfortunately, Medieval Kingdom has been always been the last on the list for development. But with 1 of 2 projects nearing completion; once our final project is done it will provide not only better programming skills for us to work on the game, but also increased revenue to put towards the game.

We will probably be looking at hiring a few programmers overseas to help us with development including putting this game on facebook at some future point.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
McRoach 
Posted: 15-Aug-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
823,224 Gold!

Another thing about workers.

Look at the ranking ladder and notice almost everyone at the top have only 1-10 workers yet I know that most have over 1,000,000 farms, mines & camps. How do these buildings produce anything MK Robots? This is highly skewed and makes no sense.

Another recommendation I have for the new MK would be to make each building require a certain number of workers for it to yield anything. For example if you have one farm it should take 5 workers to generate the 100 food per tick and if you have less workers than that you should yield less.

To make battles and war even more interesting, add a rule so a player could not purchase more workers within 30 ticks of an attack on it's kingdom (Why would someone move into a country that is being attacked and it's government unstable?). This would add a new stratgey with how the slavers could be used to reduce some of the larger players resource production and keep them from just buying their way right back into it.

Wow Facebook, that'll get some new players in.
Heartless75 
Posted: 19-Aug-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: South Carolina

male

I think slavers could be more useful if they were given battle applications. Whips could be their weapons. And, if a group of soldiers was to get annihilated in an attack, then if the group had slavers, you could gain a percentage of the annihilated army unit. Also, workers would need to be made as easily purchasable as the other units for the workers to work a building. Also, each soldier type should cost resources each hour. It could be a representation of living for each month. Also, just thought of this... maybe some stronger versions of units could be added, or some support units. And, a great seige unit could be added as anti-infantry. The mangonel or Onager. It could just be made to be extremly. expensive.
PMEmail Poster               
Fuzzybelt1230 
Posted: 09-Oct-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

male

I have two suggestions.

First, you could have soething in the ranking boards that shows if someone is in an alliance with someone else. You could put a icon of some sort.

Second, is in the ranking ladders it should show if the player is on. Again, it should show an icon.

Also, in the main section of your account it should have another section that says kingdom or somthing that has a picture of your kingdom. It could be like a picture of the world and you register your state and city and it has a dot on that place. It could show other people's kingdoms as well. Your dot should be a different color from the others. You just click on you dot and it zooms in and you see your kingdom. After you build more troops or build it gets bigger every time. Rhis would be a really cool feature to add to the game.
PMEmail Poster               
Showann 
Posted: 10-Dec-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

male

I think the game has overflowing it's design, so the update must be bigger

Showann of Sherwood
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 19-Feb-2011, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,546 Gold!

Some great suggestions here and we will be implementing alot of these as we go along. understand that this is sort of the lost project of Celtic Radio that always keeps getting moved back! smile.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
olorin 
Posted: 29-Nov-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
174,023 Gold!

Most of the above ideas sound great to me and I think would greatly benefit the game. I think a good way to "mimic" some of these ideas for now would be to either greatly reduce the amount of score value the workers and guard towers give or closer match them to those of the soldiers. This would eliminate everyones habbit of not hiring workers and going with a no guard tower offense to keep their score down. Having workers should be a benefit, and with that benefit would bring the slavers into use.

This out of whack scoring problem has been the biggest complaint since MK was introduced, but I would think one of the easiest to adjust short term yes? If nothing else it would change the strategy up a bit and perhaps keep most of us interested enough to stick around for some of the planned game improvements.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.
ryansgirl 
Posted: 30-Oct-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacVine

Realm: Florida

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #72
61,876 Gold!

@ Heartless75

Slavers would be useless in a battle especially when the person has, sword, spear gun ,or arrows. I personally don't like Slavers and think they should be gotten rid of.

Also think they should limit the amount of battering rams. Maybe less than 25.

How about not being able to attack while the other person is off line. I got wiped out and had to rebuild because someone did that.
PMEmail Poster               
olorin 
Posted: 06-Sep-2015, 09:23 PM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
174,023 Gold!

I've always felt there could be some way to avoid the constant full resets, (for contests and etc.).

Perhaps there should be some sort of partial reset that just resets established players to a default starting point to make winning a reasonably achievable goal for someone new to the game, and to keep us veterans from completely burning out, (which to anyone who's been here awhile knows has a severe impact on the game).

Maybe some sort of "handicap" system for players like myself that lasts for so long, (until all new players have completed their initial training/or after a set amount of time, whichever comes first kind of thing) with random storylines, (a great famine, a devastating winter or fire, a grand massacre from an evil empire, a deadly plague, this ideas here are endless) that would severely drain your resources and kill off large numbers of soldiers and workers forcing you to have to rebuild. You would still be starting over in a sense, but your realm would still be intact and you would be actively engaged in the game making it seem as more of a challenge to get back on your feet than as simply starting over from scratch.

More of my usual food for thought.
Olorin

CelticRadio 
Posted: 26-Feb-2017, 03:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,546 Gold!

There are really some great suggestions here. I will be reading through all of these posts.

I believe this year we have the resources to perform a number of updates and enhancements to the game.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]