Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,596 Gold!

The other feature I like about her CDs is the nicely designed insert with lyrics, pictures other information. I for one really appreciate a nicely designed insert/booklet. I think it adds alot to a CD that you enjoy.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
VetteGal 
Posted: 26-Jul-2004, 09:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Des Plaines, Illinois

female

I have both The Trial of Lancelot and May Queen and I listen to them whenever I am not listening to Celtic Radio. I purchased them from her website, and the great thing about doing that is that it gives you the option of having them signed by Heather Dale! Keep up the good work Heather!

--------------------
Blessed Be.

Merry meet, merry part, merry meet again.

Do as ye will, but harm ye none.

Nikki
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 26-Jul-2004, 11:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

She will been over backwards to sign it too! I sent an E-mail marked URGENT right after my last order and she caught the package as it headed out the door, and opened it to make sure it got signed for me. Something I like about the srtists on Highlander Radio. You can get in touch with them and get to know them personally. Can't do that with the more commercial artists.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
mingkee 
Posted: 29-Jul-2004, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

An Asian Celt from Hong Kong
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Brooklyn, NY

male

hey
I just received her CDs
I CAN'T wait to listen

--------------------
a Chinese Celt from Hong Kong
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.
mingkee 
Posted: 29-Jul-2004, 07:30 PM
Quote Post

An Asian Celt from Hong Kong
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Brooklyn, NY

male

I listened her songs many times here
and I have had an intention to buy the CD
finally...I ordered 2 (May Queen and Trial of Lancelot)
both don't disappoint me
a mix of contemporary Celtic and Jazz/Blue
this is good
and I feel she sings with her heart
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.
greenldydragon 
Posted: 23-Oct-2004, 01:30 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of Dragons
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHazel

female

Her c.ds are wonderful and I can't wait til May Queen gets here. (Just recently ordered it) The Lyrics are beautiful and make you feel more like she is telling a story that she saw, rather than singing about something that a long time ago.

--------------------
DRAGON BLESSING

May dragons bring you wealth
and guard your treasures
May they banish darkness and enlighten you
May female dragons grant you inner power
May the Dragon Queen
neutralize your enemies
May Dragon Spirits
give you power over Elementals
May weather dragons
bring rain at your request
May Ti'amat effect the changes you command
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
PMEmail Poster               
cori 
Posted: 25-Oct-2004, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the North Winds
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: New Jersey

female

This is so funny. I have a friend named Heather Dale. (No, not the same person) but isn't that odd? I have never heard her music, but I'm going to have to look into this one. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Leslie

~That would be an awfully big adventure.

~Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRadio 
Posted: 14-Nov-2004, 10:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,596 Gold!

I'd like to thank Aaediwen for posting the cool pictures of Heather Dale in the member photo gallery!!!

I take it these are from a recent concert. Very nice!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 14-Nov-2004, 10:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

Those pics were taken on the weekend of 10/29 and 10/31, at the Ohio Valley Filk Festival at the Clarion Dublin in Dublin, OH. I've got some more I need to finish going through. Including one taken when I asked Heather to help me get one for my profile here. She jumped into the picture smile.gif I was thinking of just getting a good one of myself to use, and maybe get one with her too to have, but use one of just me for the profile. But the way things turned out, who am I to argue?
Truthsinger 
Posted: 25-Mar-2005, 01:57 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

male

Hi there,

I'm new here and not sure if anyone still checks this thread, but I wanted to let you know that Heather Dale has a new CD "The Road to Santiago" coming out. Sound clips are up on her website and she is taking pre-sales to help her finish the manufacturing.

I think the CD is going to be amazing. It sounds like 'Adrift' just might replace 'Mordred's' as my new favourite song.

--------------------
Mike

"It's the most devastating moment in a young mans life, when he quite reasonably says to himself, "I shall never... play... The Dane!" It is at that moment that all ambition ceases to exist."

Withnail & I
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 19-May-2005, 04:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

I've been listening to Road to Santiago the last couple days (Recieved mine on Tuesday). I honestly believe Heather is trying to outdo herself biggrin.gif Man! This CD kicks censored.gif !!

It's got more of a Rock feel to it than her other CDs, it will pull you in and

IT

NEVER

LET'S

GO!

Loaded with top notch insturmentation, plenty of that nice vocal layering effect she does so very well, Songs with attitude, message, and meaning. Ask Haldur... we both heard it first time at the same time, abd both had earworms of it the rest of the day. And I hadn't even listened to it in depth yet. I still haven't given it a good deep listen, and I hope to compose a more complete review once I do. However, that will probably have to wait until I get my new DVD player this weekend...

If you tend to be more interested in Folk Rock, than in the more traditional styles, then this CD might be a better inro for you than Heather's earlier works. As I told Haldur, I knew it would be good when I heard a couple of the songs live at OVFF, but I didn't quite expect THIS! biggrin.gif WOW!
CelticRadio 
Posted: 10-Nov-2005, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,596 Gold!

The latest news from Heather Dale:

Hi everyone -- I'm back from Europe & the UK!

Highlights from the tour included:
- getting a standing ovation at the Canterbury Festival (England),
- performing in a castle courtyard as part of the Pembroke Festival (Wales),
- busking for the pilgrims in Santiago de Compostela (Spain),
- catching a first glimpse of Glastonbury Tor at sunset (England),
- soaking in Budapest's natural mineral baths (Hungary),
- ambling past a live artillery range on Southend beach (England),
- visiting with my fifth cousins in a rural fishing village (Cornwall),
- belting out Stan Rogers favourites with the Oxford Folk Club (England),
- catching a Shakespeare production at the rebuilt Globe Theatre in London (England),
- and successfully navigating several hundred traffic roundabouts (no mean feat... wink.gif.

I've put up some tour pictures at www.HeatherDale.com, under "Shows" -- enjoy!

What a fantastic tour... the people we met were just stellar and really seemed to enjoy our particular brand of musical Canadiana. The UK folk scene in particular was a treat; we're already booking a more intensive tour there for next summer/fall.

For two months, my partner Ben Deschamps and I travelled around the UK in a tiny rental car, covering 6100 km between Wales, Lancashire, Kent and Cornwall. We also hopped across to the Continent for a few days in Hungary and northern Spain. Airline luggage limits meant we had to leave the double bass & piano at home... but we worked out some groovy new arrangements for guitar, mountain dulcimer, tin whistles & Irish flutes, bodhran drum and other percussion.

We're off on a new Christmas tour in Ontario -- hope you can join us! And don't forget the Heather Dale Store for your holiday shopping... thank you for choosing to support independent music this season.

Happy holidays,
Heather.
Andi 
Posted: 04-May-2006, 11:06 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

female

I'll confess I'd never heard of Heather Dale before today, but a close friend of mine is an especially huge fan of hers. When she learned Heather was playing in our town today and tomorrow, she persuaded a few of us to come on short notice and listen to her perform. It took all of one song to get me hooked.

Heather has an amazing performance style; she's completely in tune with her music, her whole body moving in time with what she plays and sings. Her voice is amazingly pure; it's incredibly strong and clear, and it completely took over the bookstore where she was performing!

Her brief introductions to each song further enriched the meaning of each piece (not being an Arthurian buff myself, I was especially grateful for the added background to the legends!) and her love for what she does and the songs she's written couldn't have come across more plainly. She gave us songs from each of her CDs, and I especially fell in love with Bow to the Crown, May Queen and As I Am; all three are perfect showcases for her style and that amazing, melodic voice.

I HIGHLY recommend Heather's music to anybody with a love for very fluting, enchanting Celtic melodies and/or Arthurian and Medieval folklore. You won't be disappointed!
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 05-May-2006, 10:58 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome to the forum Andi. I would say Heather Dale is my favorite female singer. She has a beautiful voice..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 05-May-2006, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Those that know me will know this is coming, but I find the woman to be a TOTAL waste of air time. I cannot abide the sound of her voice and do not like ANYTHING I have heard her do.

Just my $0.02

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]