Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Women's Issues, Guy's Don't want to go here! Women only!
Annabelle 
Posted: 29-Dec-2003, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

I noticed us "chicks" like to talk about things that might be sensitive to guys. So I thought we could warn the guys and jump in here when we want to talk...chick stuff.

I'd love to start it by asking for some help!

My skin has a problem keeping moisture during the winter. I use Estee Lauder moisturizer but nothing I use I feel dry all the time during the winter. Anybody have any suggestions?

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 29-Dec-2003, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Hey Annabelle!

I always had the same problem in the winters (and Fall, sometimes too). Try using Oil of Olay Body Wash for extra dry skin. It's heaven!! I don't have to add any lotion afterwards any more! Such a relief!

Happiest of New Years to you, and to everyone, too!!

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Annabelle 
Posted: 29-Dec-2003, 09:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Dreamer I'll give that a try. Now what can I put on the heels of my feet. They are not in very goood shape. Cracked and I don't understand cause I have socks on all of the time. Help Sister Dreamer!

Annabelle
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 29-Dec-2003, 09:53 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Good idea Annabelle! Ooh! My kind of topic....skin care! We have someone on this board who is an expert in all this stuff. Hopefully she will see this and come in and help us all out.

I have very sensitive skin that is prone to breakout if I use certain products. So I have to use fragrance-free items. I personally have found that the stuff you buy in the drug store is just as good as the very expensive department store items. I tend to use a lot of Neutrogena products. Cetaphil has an excellent moisturizer for dry, sensitive skin. I use that and when I put that stuff on, I don't need anything else the rest of the day either!

I use a pumpice stone on my heals and then apply plain ole vaseline on my heels with socks on at night and that helps me. There is probably something better though.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 29-Dec-2003, 10:13 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

It is traditional among my people that any women's council no matter how small must have a male representive present. He is not permitted to say anything or make any kind of jestures or remarks. So you will be having an eye kept on you. unsure.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 29-Dec-2003, 11:25 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Ah! I wondered who would be the first guy in here to see what we're gabbing about! tongue.gif You can be our honorary representative. I am sure your wife could give us some advice too! biggrin.gif
jaynebylak 
Posted: 30-Dec-2003, 07:59 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacElder

Realm: North Carolina

female

Hello
I had rough and cracked heels. I started using pumice stone to smooth out then I put a treatment lotion called Kerosel. You can find it where foot care is in Walmart or probably anywhere else.

I am sceptic on new products so I hve to try them before I suggest them to others. I tried the Kerosel. i cant believe how smooth my heels are getting. U use it once a day. I recommend it.
Jayne
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 30-Dec-2003, 09:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Here's an old-fashioned remedy for really dry skin. My hands crack and bleed in the winter (old house, humididty drops to about 40%)Anyway, I put Bag Balm on my hands before bed. It's greasy, it doesn't have a pleasant smell, but it works. You could use it for calloused heels too, just lather it on and put on some socks.
The stuff was literally made for cows. I know, not too attractive, but if it works, it works. You can buy it in any drug store I think. I've had this tin for a while.

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
oldraven 
Posted: 30-Dec-2003, 09:16 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

*uses his most girly voice*

It helps to moisurize just after you get out of the shower, while your skin is still wet. This is helping me battle these dastardly dry western winters.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 30-Dec-2003, 11:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

I use Eucerin on my face and elbows after I moisture. It's like putting saran wrap on which keeps the dirt out and the moisture in. It's grand and is fragrance free and lovely. When my heels crack I put a lanolin ointment on my feet and put on a pair of white socks when I go to bed. Works great! Also put baby oil on as I step out of the shower. Another great moisturizer. Our weather is very dry so can never have anough lotion, cream, etc lol.gif

Richard, glad to see you are taking such good care of us!

Old Raven, Your voice keeps cracking. Why?

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
RavenWing 
Posted: 30-Dec-2003, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

Suave makes a great body wash called Milk and Honey. It is almost like bathing with lotion. I recommend it.

It's really inexpensive too. biggrin.gif

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 30-Dec-2003, 02:54 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

I'm quite fond of the Bodyshop's lotions with hemp.. that's smoothing and moisturising extremely.

My mother makes lotions and stuff herself, I can ask her for a recipe as well.

It helps when you put on Penaten/Nivea Baby-creme in your face before going out into the cold. Compact powder helps against the shiny bits.
If you have to put on make up you might want to take a fat-containing or lanolin (great stuff) containing moisturiser or night cream..

For day to day use I use the L'oreal nature based range or boots botanics range (the wake-up eye cream is great!), a fat or lanolin containing moisturiser for cold days and a simple moisturiser for all others.

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Dec-2003, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (oldraven @ Dec 30 2003, 10:16 AM)
*uses his most girly voice*

It helps to moisurize just after you get out of the shower, while your skin is still wet. This is helping me battle these dastardly dry western winters.

lol.gif oldraven you crack me up! too funny! But what you said is really true. I live in the dryest climate in the world, I think! Sometimes putting on baby oil right after a shower really helps. I will have to get some of that Suave body wash though. That sounds really good. smile.gif
3Ravens 
Posted: 30-Dec-2003, 07:02 PM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: south coastal Virginia

female

I agree with AD. Any lotion or creme with hemp in it will help. Slather it on before bed and wear cotten socks or gloves (depending on what part of you was slathered!) Bodyshop has lots of nice products, and they are environmentaly friendly.
My Gramma used to melt and strain chicken fat, and use that on her skin. Depends on how you feel about animal products, I guess. wink.gif

--------------------
If age is a learning experience, I should be a genius by now...
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 30-Dec-2003, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

hemp handcreme is a great thing.. I often need to work something containing fat into my hands to protect & heal them because I work with chemicals alot and I need my hands to feel if a surface is thoroughly dry.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]