Elspeth 
Posted: 07-Oct-2004, 08:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

OK, so it isn't 40 days, but better late than never.

40 Days of Prayer

Someone has said that if Christians really understood the full extent of the power we have available through prayer we might be speechless.

In W.W.II there was an advisor to Churchill who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every day at a prescribed hour for one minute to collectively pray for the safety of England, its people, and for peace. There is now a group of people organizing the same thing here in America. There is a national call, starting this Friday night for 40 days of Prayer.

In forty days starting Friday we will have an election for the President of the United States of America. No matter which party you support, please pray each day that the Lord will bless our Nation and place in power, the man that needs to be our leader in these troubled years ahead. The Bible uses the "40 days" numerous times; maybe this will be good for this nation.

If you would like to participate, every evening at 9:00 pm Eastern Time, 8:00 pm Central, 6:00 pm Pacific, stop whatever you are doing and spend one minute praying for the safety of the United States, our troops, our citizens, for the elections, and for peace in the world.

If you know anyone else who would like to participate, please pass this along. Our prayers are the most powerful asset we have. Together, we CAN make a difference!

Thank You, and God Bless America!

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
susieq76 
Posted: 07-Oct-2004, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

That sounds great Elspeth. I might try that. You may also be interested in a website I heard about through a friend. They are at 24-7 Prayer. A fabulous movement that is going on right now and sweeping the world. They are trying to start groups of folks who set up prayer rooms where people pray 24-7. Very cool, though not new. thumbup.gif

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
Elspeth 
Posted: 09-Oct-2004, 04:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

A wonderful idea! I so admire those dedicated prayer warriors. I so lack that gift.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]