Arien 
Posted: 19-Jan-2006, 10:10 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Amateria in the West

female

I love, love, love the MYST series. I still need to play some of the later ones. I like that type of game as long as they are done well. I have a hard time getting into the games where the only objective is to kill as many peons/soldiers/monsters/little green men as you can.

I also play the Sims a lot. Designing the houses is more fun then actually playing the game though.

Oh, and Freecell and Solitair.

--------------------
"'Mercy!" Cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?'

'The names of all the stars, and of all living things, and the whole history of Middle-earth and over-heaven and of the sundering seas,' laughed Pippin. 'Of course! What less? But I am not in a hurry tonight."

~The Two Towers, JRR Tolkein
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 20-Jan-2006, 07:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Arien @ 19-Jan-2006, 11:10 PM)
I have a hard time getting into the games where the only objective is to kill as many peons/soldiers/monsters/little green men as you can.

Oh but that is what is fun about it! Nobody but a bunch of pixels get hurt!

starwars.gif

tank.gif

tomcat.gif

usaflag.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Arien 
Posted: 20-Jan-2006, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacVine

Realm: Amateria in the West

female

OK, I will admit that I have played Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force with my siblings and enjoyed myself. Capture the flag is fun.
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 20-Jan-2006, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

A bunch of pixels and some egos. It can be good for some laughs at times too. I remember the first time I played Quake III Arena with a friend, On multiple occasions in quick succession he ran headlong into point-blank range of my quad rockets. I almost felt bad pulling the trigger a time or two. Although that was only after he had re-spawned.

LOL!

And then there was the time I was playing UT with some friends from work (who were actually much more practiced at such games than myself), I think I just about ran one of them out of one match because he couldn't figure out where the shots were comming from causing him to re-spawn every time as soon as he got to his camp where he was sniping from. I'd found a 2x6 board laying across an apparently obscure part of the map across from his beloved sniping position. And what's better, a box of shells for the sniper rifle spawned at the end of that board. So I sat there sniping the sniper. Kinda like how Viccini tells Fessik to take care of Wesley in The Princess Bride. Just I wasn't as sportsman like. Get the rifle, stand on the board and in just a second Nosmoking is going to come to the window looking for victims below. As soon as his head is in view, BOOM! Head Shot. I don't know now how many times newbie me did that before I for whatever reason lost my advantagous position. I don't even remember now (unfortunately) where that board was at, or on what map. Kinda fun to sit there in such a game and snipe the sniper.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Aragorn 
Posted: 27-Feb-2006, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Middle Earth

male

I really enjoy playing:

Pirates
Battlefield 2
FarCry, 64-bit of course
Battle for Middle Earth I and II for the reason I am in it.. No, the game play is great.

I enjoy just losing myself in these kinds of games.

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
--Robert Louis Stevenson
PMEmail Poster               
Senara 
Posted: 27-Feb-2006, 02:57 PM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 14-Jan-2006, 11:56 PM)
I know it isn't primarily a computer game, but is anyone hooked on Su Doku? It's a math game where you have to figure out the sequence of the numbers on the board. I suck at math so I don't play it, but my mom is addicted to it. She does the puzzles in both the local papers. I'm more of a crossword person.

I'm hooked on SuDoku...some of the easy puzzles are way to easy...but the tough ones...they take me a couple hours. I was always a nut for numbers...don't know why. I really wouldn't call it a "math" game. It's basically just organizing the numbers into the right sequence without overlapping. There's no real mathmatical function being applied to the numbers.

Thought about picking up a computer version of the game but for now I'll play the puzzles in the newspaper.

Other computer games...well, I have Clue and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire that I play on occassion. I also have Warcraft II but rarely if ever fire that up (don't even think I re-installed it after the last time my puter crashed).

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]