Posted: 02-Oct-2006, 03:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello everyone!

I'm here in the library on a stormy Monday afternoon. You all know how I am about thunder and lightning. I do not like them at all no.gif .

I have something to tell you that is a bit of a source of pride for me. I was in my old neighborhood and picked up a copy of the local civic organization's monthly newsletter. My old church, Christ the King, is going to be a stop on the Chicago Architecture Foundation's 11th annual church tour. I would think it's most likely because of the huge and beautiful stained glass window.

user posted image

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 02-Oct-2006, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Here's the hyperlink if you want to see it a little bigger:

Christ the King stained glass window
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 02-Oct-2006, 08:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 02-Oct-2006, 01:45 PM)
hey JP! Good luck on your meeting. What would you be majoring in for your masters?

I would hope to get a Masters Degree in Environmental Science. I already work in that field, but do not have a degree in it.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 03-Oct-2006, 09:03 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone. Looks like all of you are really keeping busy.

Hi Dreamer- this is my favorite time of year also. I just love the cooler temps and the looking at all the beautiful trees. Its great to see you. Hope your family is doing well.

Hi Brian, Haynes Siobhanblues-very nice to see you.

Marti- my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Sounds like you have been through a lot.

MDF3530-hope your doing well.. That stainned glass is just beautiful.

BGL-Good luck to your son and his football team. How fun. Let us know if they win.

Celtic Rose- That is so wonderful that they picked your pictures and not one but two. I think that is fantastic. Hope you will let post them when you get the calendar. Your dogs are so pretty.

Jp-Its good to see you. I hope you have a productive meeting today.

Has anyone started their Xmas shopping? Just wondering so I know rather to feel like I am behind or not LOL

Well I am off to do a bunch of errand just wanted to say Howdy to all of you..Have a fantastic day no matter what.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ballydun 
Posted: 03-Oct-2006, 01:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

Hi all!!

I am so loving the cooler fall weather. It still may reach 80 in the day but the 50's in the evening and early am make it worth it!!

We are getting ready for the big event of the year here in Albuquerque. The International Balloon Fiesta! We get about 200-300 hot air balloons here for 10 days of flying time. So beautiful. I know that we used to have the largest in the world, not sure if it still is or not. I'll try to take some pics and post them! It really is unbelievable.

Other than that life is about the same. Trying to keep things sane at home and with work. Ya know being a mom who works full time, is the Brownie leader,on PTA, and everything else is really fun, but boy do I get tired! Wouldn't trade it for anything though.

I look at these school shootings and such and realize how precious life with your kids really is, You kinda expect your parents to pass away, but with kids it is REALLY UNFAIR!!! I can only pray for those families and be thankful that mine are safe.

God bless you all and stay safe and happy!

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 04-Oct-2006, 10:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 02-Oct-2006, 05:06 PM)
I have something to tell you that is a bit of a source of pride for me. I was in my old neighborhood and picked up a copy of the local civic organization's monthly newsletter. My old church, Christ the King, is going to be a stop on the Chicago Architecture Foundation's 11th annual church tour. I would think it's most likely because of the huge and beautiful stained glass window...

Hey, can you help me identify a church I saw in Chicago a long time ago? This was at a distance, from the highway actually as I was going from O'Hare airport to a hotel in downtown Chicago. I was in a taxi and caught sight of a large church sanctuary, and along the edge of the roof I could see tall white figures... perhaps angels, or saints, or the disciples, I have no idea but it was fascinating! While in Chicago I never had the chance to go find that church and I've wondered ever since just who the figures were and what kind of church it was.

I hope you can help!
Siobhan

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 04-Oct-2006, 11:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 02-Oct-2006, 05:33 AM)
Wanted to share with y'alll that I won a photo contest for the local humane society. They called in outside judges but seemed to really like my photos. I submitted 5 and they chose 2, the first time a dog has been chosen twice for a calendar. ..

biggrin.gif thumbs_up.gif
Hey, that's awesome!! Congratulations!

Hey Rindy, Bluegrasslady, and everyone here in my favorite spot to visit. I really wish I could come here more often, I miss talking to all y'all - don't think for a minute that I've forgotten all of you. I hope MDF can help me find out which church it was that I saw in Chicago a long time ago, its a question that's been bugging me for a long time but I didn't quite know how to track it down. Googling didn't do any good, and I don't know anyone who lives there in the Chicago area any more. (By the way thanks for sharing those photos of the windows - beautiful!)

Bally, you enjoy those busy days now with your children & activities... seems like I was in PTA just last week, but my baby girl is a freshman in college now.
I honestly could choke her right now, though rolleyes.gif She got her first ticket from the local cops, for passing in a no-passing zone ("but it was a passing zone when I started to pass", she says! Oy!) and is facing a year on probation, community service hours, and a fine so high we had to pay it. She's usually such a good driver, we're appalled that she did something so stupid on the road. Boy you should have heard the way the judge talked to her in court last night - he really "threw the book at her" and had her in tears. I guarantee she will be a better driver from now on!
PM               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 04-Oct-2006, 03:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 04-Oct-2006, 11:01 AM)
Hey, can you help me identify a church I saw in Chicago a long time ago? This was at a distance, from the highway actually as I was going from O'Hare airport to a hotel in downtown Chicago. I was in a taxi and caught sight of a large church sanctuary, and along the edge of the roof I could see tall white figures... perhaps angels, or saints, or the disciples, I have no idea but it was fascinating! While in Chicago I never had the chance to go find that church and I've wondered ever since just who the figures were and what kind of church it was.

I hope you can help!
Siobhan

That would probably be either Old Saint Patrick's or St. Joseph's. I know it's not Holy Name Cathedral because you can't see that from the expressway. Sorry, but those are the only two I can think of that are visible from the Kennedy Expressway.
gwenlee 
Posted: 05-Oct-2006, 03:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hello everyone.

This is my last night of work and I am so very glad. I'm heading up to Murfreeboro, TN for the games, work one more week and then I'm off for 11 days. During that time I'm going to help set up at Stone Mountain for the games. SB will I see you again? I hope so.

Well I have to go. Take care.

GwenLee
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 05-Oct-2006, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 04-Oct-2006, 12:02 PM)
She got her first ticket from the local cops...

SB,
I feel your pain! we went thru something similar with my youngest son. In less than six months he had one speeding ticket and two at-fault accidents. Needless to say his license was suspended. In fact he just started driving again yesterday-with limited privileges. In fact when we went to court earlier this year, the judge was talking jail time for him! Luckily that did not happen.
The problem now is his insurance is very expensive!!
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 06-Oct-2006, 03:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 04-Oct-2006, 12:02 PM)
I honestly could choke her right now, though rolleyes.gif She got her first ticket from the local cops, for passing in a no-passing zone ("but it was a passing zone when I started to pass", she says! Oy!) and is facing a year on probation, community service hours, and a fine so high we had to pay it. She's usually such a good driver, we're appalled that she did something so stupid on the road. Boy you should have heard the way the judge talked to her in court last night - he really "threw the book at her" and had her in tears. I guarantee she will be a better driver from now on!

Wow, you guys have some tough traffic laws ohmy.gif ! Here in Illinois, for non-DUI/felony traffic offenses, we only have to go to court if we receive more than one citation or if we're involved in an accident. If we get just one ticket, we can fill out a request for traffic safety school. If we are allowed into TSS and we complete it (a four hour borefest at a local high school or community college, watching defensive driving videos and getting an open book test on an abridged Rules Of The Road), it doesn't go on our record and our insurance rates stay the same. If we do have to go to court, we can plead guilty with a request for supervision. If we don't get another ticket in six months, it doesn't go on our record.

(P.S. Does it sound like I know what I'm talking about from experience biggrin.gif ? I've gotten a few citations from Officer Friendly in my time biggrin.gif .)

I don't know how it is in your state, but generally the rule for passing is if you start your pass where both sides have the broken line and wish to end the pass where the side you're about to pass has a solid line and the passing lane has the broken line, you can complete the pass.
MDF3530 
Posted: 06-Oct-2006, 03:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

ballydun 
Posted: 07-Oct-2006, 11:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

We are getting ready for the big event of the year here in Albuquerque. The International Balloon Fiesta! We get about 200-300 hot air balloons here for 10 days of flying time. So beautiful. I know that we used to have the largest in the world, not sure if it still is or not. I'll try to take some pics and post them! It really is unbelievable.

I had my numbers totally wrong. This year there are 600-700 balloons. Check out the website! It is really amazing. The best balloons are definately the special shapes balloons. My favorites are the Jesus balloon, Noahs Ark and the American Eagle (that one is like 150 ft. tall!)

http://www.balloonfiesta.com/
PMEmail Poster               
marti64 
Posted: 08-Oct-2006, 09:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

Hi Everyone!!!! It has been a tough week.......i have to keep the faith and trust that the Lord will help Dan recover!!!!!
I don't think that I will get the anniversary present that i am hoping for....but you never know!!!! ( at least I can hope that he can WISH ME Happy anniversary and Birthday!!!!!!!)

I hope that everyone is well, and recovering, and taking it easy on this beautiful weekend in October!!!!(is it FALL ALREADY????)

Taki it easy!!!! MARTI

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 08-Oct-2006, 02:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Hey all!!!

It's a glorious Sunday afternoon here in Chicago! The sun is out, the temperature is nice, and the Bears are 5-0 after whipping Buffalo! I wish I'd had a ticket to the game. It's a perfect day for football.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]