Posted: 29-Nov-2004, 08:20 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hello everybody!

While I was out with computer problems, I found and read a wonderful new Christian fiction novel that I really enjoyed! It is called Ancient Lights by Ralph D. Curtin. The stroy takes place in the days just before the AntiChrist emerges on the world stage. A man discovers the ancient stones called the Urim and Thummim, stones which the ancient Jews used to divine God's will in certain matters. When the stones are discovered he starts using them to try to advance his own fortunes but later on due to certain other characters in the story, he tries to start using them to determine the identity of the AntiChrist. This is a VERY condensed version of the plot. The book is SO much better than I have made it sound here. I would highly recommend it to anyone as an alternative to the Left Behind series.

Of course, no book is perfect , and this one is no exception. The plot at times seems a little rushed. Also, it seems that the characters at times overlook or miss some things that are COMPLETELY obvious to the reader.

One thing I liked about the book was the use of the Urim and Thummim themselves. I have always been interested in the mysteries of the Bible, like the Ark of the Covenant and the Urim and Thummim, things which have been lost today. However I would like to ask your opinions on something. Would these items actually work today as they did in the early Biblical days if they were discovered now? I personally don't think so. God doesn't work the same way these days. He doesn't depend on the temple and all of its trappings for His work. He uses human vessels, however imperfect, now. So while objects like the Ark and these stones would have obvious significant religous and historic value, I just don't believe they would have power today as they did then.

So what do YOU think, hmm???

--------------------
Sln agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tr mo chridhe. 'S i Gidhlig cnan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt