Irisman35 
Posted: 01-Jul-2008, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: United States America

male

I have never been to Ireland, but I am wondering if anyone has pictures of Ireland. I am looking for pictures of Castles, Pubs, and everyday life. I would also like pictures of Belfast.
One other thing that I am wondering about. Does anyone know where I can find information of my Great, great, great, great grandfather Thomas Francis Maher?
Irisman35
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 02-Jul-2008, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (Irisman35 @ 01-Jul-2008, 07:51 AM)
I have never been to Ireland, but I am wondering if anyone has pictures of Ireland. I am looking for pictures of Castles, Pubs, and everyday life. I would also like pictures of Belfast.
One other thing that I am wondering about. Does anyone know where I can find information of my Great, great, great, great grandfather Thomas Francis Maher?
Irisman35

The quickest is to check for any Clan affiliation and go to them. Second, believe it or not" is the Mormon Church in Salt Lake City Utah.They have the most extensive records of anyone in the US and maybe the world. Also if you have to "wing it at times", the English of the 1600 and 1700's and part of the 1500's kept excellent records of their subjects. Probably for taxation purposes but records all the same. Just write down what you know and take off. Good luck!

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 02-Jul-2008, 08:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

female

Hello Irisman35,

If you'd like to look up some beautiful pics.I invite you to look up the ones in my profiles there is a few there.
Also UlsterScotNutt as well as AShruleEgan they have wonderful pictures as well.I'm sure they won't mind me giving out there members name to you.
And you can feel free to look as well in the members albums or the ones in Ireland's.

Let us know how you found them?

LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Dopplershift 
Posted: 19-Jul-2008, 03:06 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Liverpool, England

male

A lot of Irish census records went up in flames in 1922.

I only know that because some of my ancestors' records were amongst them.

There are other avenues, I believe, it just means a bit more effort.

Regards
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 19-Jul-2008, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

QUOTE (Lady of Avalon @ 02-Jul-2008, 09:13 PM)
Hello Irisman35,

If you'd like to look up some beautiful pics.I invite you to look up the ones in my profiles there is a few there.
Also UlsterScotNutt as well as AShruleEgan they have wonderful pictures as well.I'm sure they won't mind me giving out there members name to you.
And you can feel free to look as well in the members albums or the ones in Ireland's.

Let us know how you found them?

LOA

To simplify Lady of Avalon's post, just go here and start checking out all the pics. http://www.celticradio.net/php/gallery/index.php?cat=0

As for Genealogy, we have that covered around here too. smile.gif http://www.celticradio.net/php/forums/inde...hp?showforum=34
The Genealogy section should give you plenty of ideas of where to look and how to handle all of your accumulated info.
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 20-Jul-2008, 08:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

QUOTE (Irisman35 @ 01-Jul-2008, 02:51 PM)
I have never been to Ireland, but I am wondering

Irisman35 if this picture isn't enough to motivate you to see, feel, taste and mingle with the Irish, I don't know what will.

The picture is of Michael and Winnie Greaney of Corrundulla Headford, Co. Galway. I was told that they might be related to me. So, after some time of asking people along the road and finding the post office, I was able to find their home. I knocked on the door and introduced myself. Four hours later, I left with hearty hand shakes, hugs and big smiles. Two days later, I returned for another three hours of stories and generosity.

We never did figure out if we were related but the memories I have will last forever.

Go take a trip to Ireland and make your own memories.

Attached Image. Works with IE only! (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt