Group:
Celtic Nation

Zodiac:
Reed

Birthday: 8-Nov-1957
Total Posts: 766
Realm: No Information

dysgu Cymraeg

Use one of the links below to send me a personal message!

Listen to the best in Celtic Music @ 128kps on Highlander Radio!
Listen to soft streaming Celtic music from Highlander Radio!
A rowdy mix of hard rocking Celtic music from the Pubs of America, Canada, Ireland and Scotland.
Listen to Celtic Dance - Put on your Ghillies and clear the floor, it is now time for Jigs & Feels!

Journal Entries
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

Add Entry   

three wishes
Posted by gwenynen on Jun 4th, 2005 7:42 PM
If you are granted three wishes, what would you wish for? Here are mine:

1. I want to be the kind of person I always want to be but fail to be everyday: patient, kind, gentle, unselfish, not easily angered.
2. I want to become fluent in Welsh instantly, and speak it as if it were my first language. I want to have that Northern nasal sound.
3. I want my husband to be offered a job in Wales so that we can all move to Wales.

There!

Comments: 0 View/Add Comments

straw-hatted stone idols
Posted by gwenynen on Jun 3rd, 2005 5:01 PM
This is a well known Japanese folk tale I like. Anyone interested, read on:

Amser maith yn ôl (A long time ago) there was a poor old couple. It was the last day of a year and they had no food. They decided to make hats out of some straws at hand to sell them for humble New Year's fare. The old man took the five hats to town but no one wanted them. It was getting late, so he began his journey home. It started to snow. When he came to the field, he found six small stone idols covered with snow. He felt sorry for them and gave them all the hats, but he needed one more. He took off his scarf and wrapped it around the head of the last idol.

When he got home and told his wife about what he did with the hats. Instead of getting mad at him, she was happy that he did a kind deed. They went to bed hungry.

In the middle of the night, they were awakened by a sound of sleigh and grunting sounds of someone carrying heavy load. First they thought the servants of the rich family were coming home after late shopping. But the sounds stopped at their door and all were quiet. When they peeked outside, they found a heap of wonderful festive food and the retreating figures of the five straw-hatted and one scarf-headed stone idols.

Though it involves stone idols which are common in Japan, this story almost reminds me of "Widow's Mite" in the New Testament.

don't go without
Posted by gwenynen on Jun 2nd, 2005 4:02 PM
I almost always take along my Welsh flash cards when I go shopping or go do any other chores. So when I have to wait in line, I flip out my cards and study as many as possible. But when I took my daughter to have her eye glasses adjusted today, I didn't have any with me assuming it would take only a minute. It turned out it took 45 minutes! I could have gone through all my cards multiple times. O well, I learned a lesson. If I go anywhere, I won't go without my cards.

old friend
Posted by gwenynen on May 31st, 2005 10:52 AM
I came to the produce section of Wal-Mart. Among all kinds of greens, I found leeks. I felt like I found an old friend. I once used it in my stew and was rejected by my family. I won't buy it again but I like it. It tastes almost like the long onion they eat in Japan. I then read the little booklet placed there about different kinds of vegis and fruit. "Leeks: the sweetest kind in the onion family." Someday, I hope I can eat it in Wales.

so sweet
Posted by gwenynen on May 30th, 2005 9:29 PM
I went for a walk after dark in my small neighborhood to avoid the heat of the day. I walked my usual course singing "Hen Wlad" to myself. Shortly before reaching home, something caught my attention. Though it was in the shadow, away from the street lights, you couldn't have mistaken. Such fragrance - it makes you inhale deeply over and over. Honeysuckle. You are so sweet.

Clickable Smilies
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 

Please Add your Entry

Title:

My Signature:

Weithiau, mae'r ateb i'n problemau o dan ein trwynau, dim ond bod angen i ni gymryd cam yn ôl ac edrych eto. - Stuart Kerner

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!