Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 04-Mar-2009, 09:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Nothing on the telly, so I thought I'd visit here for a few minutes. Fighting off my second cold in less than a month! sad.gif
Counting down the days till St Paddy's Day, which I intend to spend peacefully, and not arguing about who is truly Irish or a Scot or whatever.

Cheers!
PMEmail Poster               
Donajhi 
Posted: 05-Mar-2009, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Fae Hillfort

female

"OMG"..am I dead? An honest man........Got any brothers??? jawdrop.gif

--------------------
CHECK MY SITE: BEYOND THE VEIL http://www.gmadventures.com

"I DID NOT, IT WAS THE FAIRY FOLK!"

Scottish by the grace of God

Fairy Day countdown banner

DIOGENES HAS PASSED ME THE LANTERN, STILL LOOKING.....
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 06-Mar-2009, 06:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Donajhi @ 05-Mar-2009, 10:42 AM)
"OMG"..am I dead? An honest man........Got any brothers??? jawdrop.gif

Nope! Just a big sister!! laugh.gif

lamo.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 10-Mar-2009, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hi everyone!

Hope you are all okay. I've been sick the past few days.

This flu virus must be going around. When I went to church Sunday (more to get out of the apartment than anything else), it was a cacophony of coughs, sneezes and blowing noses. I'm feeling a lot better today than I was yesterday, when my insides felt like ice and my joints felt like they were made of broken glass.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Donajhi 
Posted: 11-Mar-2009, 01:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Fae Hillfort

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 10-Mar-2009, 05:32 PM)
Hi everyone!

Hope you are all okay. I've been sick the past few days.

Oh love, I hope you are feeling better.
So sorry to hear you are ill............... down.gif
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 13-Mar-2009, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Isn't it nice that springtime is slowly making an appearance. I know my allergies are going to get to me soon but it's almost tolerable when I get to see the daffydils and crocus blooming.

Hi y'all, I've missed visiting here and reading how everyone is doing. Someday I hope to get a 36 hour day but until then it's a challenge to find time to do everything I want/need/hope to do! laugh.gif

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 04-Apr-2009, 08:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Hello everyone. I've been bored, bored, bored up here in the U.P. Weather is still abit too cold for a walk around and there has been nothing exciting going on escept for police officer Romans funeral today which left most of my street block off. Nice turnout as there were law enforcement officers from all over the county here. I didn't attend myself but it still was somewhat exciting in a sad sort of way.
Otherwise I've been roaming around the internet and I found a couplke of new Irish sites if anybody is interested. I saw adverts for both in Irish american magazine and thought I would check them out. Both have lots of goodies but I have to admit I like Irish Centrel over Irish Abroad
Irish Central (just started up on March 17th) is more of a general Irish site while Irish abroad is more of a social networking site. But check them out for youself. Maybe paul can get an advert up on wone of them. Here is the links:

http://www.irishcentral.com/

http://www.irishabroad.com

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
McRoach 
  Posted: 04-Apr-2009, 09:26 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
1,358,729 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

QUOTE (Robert Phoenix @ 04-Apr-2009, 08:41 PM)

Irish Central (just started up on March 17th) is more of a general Irish site while Irish abroad is more of a social networking site. But check them out for youself. Maybe paul can get an advert up on wone of them. Here is the links:

http://www.irishcentral.com/

Robert Phoenix,

Thanks for the links, these are great sites and I agree Irish Central is probably the better of the two.

If it is that cold at the U.P. all the time you could just take up ice sculpting to pass the time! wink.gif

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 06-Apr-2009, 05:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Sorry McRoach but the snow has pretty much faded away. Not a bad idea though. I rmemeber when I hadm,y paper route someone had madea giant opoit of gold and a leperchaun out of snow for St. Patricks day. Green paint and eveything. Too bad it was a bit off the beaten track and the paper never noticed it.
Its still in the 30's here with a bit of wind so I have to wait just abit more for my walks. Someday I'll move out of here to a place with a litllle bit more excitement than walking to Hurley or walking to KMart.
Although we did have the big police funeral this weekend-quite the turnout for that.
PMEmail Poster               
WallaceGal 
Posted: 06-Apr-2009, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

HEY! Speak for yourself with the 'snow almost gone'! tongue.gif I'm in Livonia and woke up to three inches of snow this morning and it snowed all day today.

--------------------
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Slàinte!
PMEmail Poster                
leenie 
Posted: 08-Apr-2009, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
40,214 Gold!

Hello everyone...it's been forever since I posted in here..hope everyone is over the colds and flus for this winter... I'm thinking that we are finished with the snow for this year, but Mother Nature has played some tricks before and surprised us...all my flowers and trees are blooming and have been for a couple of weeks now...I've recovered from my Gall Bladder surgery I had in January, but unfortunately my Daughter had to have an operation and I've been taking care of her and my 10 month old granddaughter since my daughter can't lift her....she can't stay at home since the hubby works and its too far to drive back and forth every day...getting tooooo old for this being a mommy stuff...my grand daughter is about to wear me out...
gwenlee 
Posted: 16-Apr-2009, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey everyone. Its been awhile but I have been busy working and planing a wedding. And in the mist of this my daughter had a miscarriage. We had tornados and hail storms in the southland this past weekend and now we have roof damage to our new house. I think that is it. I hope everyone is doing well. I posting like I use to. I hope thing settle down soon. Take care

gwenleee
WallaceGal 
Posted: 16-Apr-2009, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

Oh, gwenlee, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter :hug: Hope she's all right and it's nice to see you back. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster                
MDF3530 
Posted: 16-Apr-2009, 07:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hi everyone!

I had a great birthday the other day. I got some nice, practical MSNGIFT.GIF s (an antenna for my TV and a new microwave) from my parents. We're doing the April birthdays with my sister and her family next Sunday.

Today, I had to go to jury duty at one of the suburban Cook County courthouses. They let us go at 11:30 because they only had one case scheduled for trial and that was cancelled. I got $17.20 for my time.

I actually used to work at this same courthouse a few years ago, but I didn't stop in the old office and I didn't see anyone I knew in the hallways.

Gwen, I am sorry to hear about your daughter's miscarriage. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Same goes for all of CelticRadio!
gwenlee 
Posted: 17-Apr-2009, 06:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (WallaceGal @ 16-Apr-2009, 05:35 PM)
Oh, gwenlee, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter :hug: Hope she's all right and it's nice to see you back. smile.gif

Thanks wallaceGal and Mike. She has her times like this past Sunday at church. She was around al lot of babies and she said she jut had to hurry up and leave because she started to cry. I told her it would get better

My number one daughter got her marriage blessed by the Catholic Church and went through Confirmation this past month. She had never been interested in doing her Confirmation but now that she is older she is. She just called and said she is signing up to teach middle schoolers. That was a big surprise. I was surprised at the hoops she was made to go through for her sacraments. Her father and I didn't have to do all of that and I am not Catholic. All our priest said was 1 he was shocked I wasn't Catholic and 2 he couldn't believe that 3 of our children were baptized without our marriage being blessed. But all we had to do was sign a few forms. My oldest went through a year study for confirmation and 6 months for marriage classes.

Well I have to go. I am getting my hair done today and I have a few things to do before I go to work today

Have a great weekend everyone
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]