Posted: 11-Dec-2005, 02:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

well, I finally got the insurance check from the lightening strike. I used it and a bit more to buy myself a new set of hardware that I've been thinking about for a while. For those of you who like specs, I've gone from and Athlon XP 2800/1 GB RAM/GeForce 4 MX440 to Athlon64 3200/1 GB RAM/Geforce 6600 GT.

I believe, however, that it's finally time to say farewell to this LFS 4.1 install I did in 2002. It has served me well, and still runs fine on this new hardware. However, it will be no good to have gone 64 bit if I don't intend to run a 64 bit OS on it. Since this system is 32 bit all the way, it should be replaced with something that really knows what it has.

Plus, this will involve cross-compiling from the current 32 bit system. I've never done a cross-compile of anything, so this will really be an adventure smile.gif Wish me luck. I'll definately be doing my best to keep my existing system present and functional until I can get core functionality in the new one. including access to CRN, and streaming biggrin.gif

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 16-Dec-2005, 11:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Well, now that I've been working a little while each evening on goging through the cross-LFS book, I'm to the point where apparently everything else will need to be done via that system. As a result, I not lose the ability to have my tunes and CRN while I work on this project. I should, however, be able to reboot in the middle of it amd come keep an eye out. Also, it shouldn't take as long as it already has. Wish me luck
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]