Leelee 
Posted: 20-Apr-2009, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

"Nae thanks required, lad", Lady Leelee shyly smiled as she watched the gent disrobe his heavy wet cloak. She glanced at the leather satchel well guarded by the owner's boots. "Och, quit it. The curiosity will git the better of ye if ye keep it up" Leelee thought as her gaze quickly shifted to the window where a storm was brewing.

Lady Leelee then looked into the glass where the amber liquid was diminishing, considering the stranger's offer carefully. Hmmm, what could it hurt...."Aye, that would be verra kind of ye. May I ask yer name?" Lady Leelee waited for the stranger's response with an unreadable expression upon her face.
PM               
MacDonnchaidh 
Posted: 20-Apr-2009, 02:18 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Stoughton, MA

male

MacDonnchaidh bursts into the pub carrying his bodhràn and shouts, "A PINT FER THE HOUSE! ON ME!" Pulling out a stool at the bar, he sits himself down across from the Green Lady and the tall, lean stranger.
He slowly pulls out his bodhràn and tipper, winking at the lady he starts a lively beat hoping to wake the other patrons up from their slumber.

--------------------
Glory is the Reward of Valour ~ Robertson Motto

For Faith, For Service to Humanity ~ Knights Hospitaller Motto

Am fear is tiuighe clairgeann se ‘s lugha eanchainn.
He who has the thickest skull has the smallest brain.
PMEmail Poster               
Amergin 
  Posted: 20-Apr-2009, 09:07 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Milesia

male

"A pint all around on the drummer, and a small one on me, if you please Landlord." says the stranger, plunking a couple of additional coins on the counter. He reaches out a weathered hand to the lady.

"The name's Amergin," he says, "Amergin the bard. And let me introduce you to my lady friend."

He reaches down and picks up the satchel at his feet, lovingly untying the cords and releasing the leather so that it falls away to reveal a wire-stringed harp. Its wood is dark and smooth, with a shine that can only come from many years of handling. It is obviously ancient, and yet has a liveliness that belies its solidity. It is beautifully carved with strange markings and mysterious runes.

The harper strums a chord, then begins to pick out a lively tune in rhythm with the hearbeat of MacDonnchaidh's bodhrán.

"Play, drummer, play, and let's breathe some life into this dusty place."

--------------------
I am a stag: of seven tines,
I am a flood: across a plain,
I am a wind: on a deep lake,
I am a tear: the Sun lets fall,
I am a hawk: above the cliff,
I am a thorn: beneath the nail,
I am a wonder: among flowers,
I am a wizard: who but I
Sets the cool head aflame with smoke?

I am a spear: that roars for blood,
I am a salmon: in a pool,
I am a lure: from paradise,
I am a hill: where poets walk,
I am a boar: ruthless and red,
I am a breaker: threatening doom,
I am a tide: that drags to death,
I am an infant: who but I
Peeps from the unhewn dolmen, arch?

I am the womb: of every holt,
I am the blaze: on every hill,
I am the queen: of every hive,
I am the shield: for every head,
I am the tomb: of every hope.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Leelee 
Posted: 21-Apr-2009, 06:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

female

MacDonnchaidh Posted on 20-Apr-2009, 02:18 PM
MacDonnchaidh bursts into the pub carrying his bodhràn and shouts, "A PINT FER THE HOUSE! ON ME!" Pulling out a stool at the bar, he sits himself down across from the Green Lady and the tall, lean stranger.
He slowly pulls out his bodhràn and tipper, winking at the lady he starts a lively beat hoping to wake the other patrons up from their slumber.

Lady Leelee practically jumped out of her skin with the extravagant entrance of Lord MacDonnchaidh......aye, to be expected with the Pub being so mellow.

"Ahhh, I have heard of this young lad. An excellent player of the bodhràn known across these lands," Leelee commented to the tall stranger. Lady Leelee smiled at Lord MacDonnchaidh and slightly nodded her head as MacDonnchaidh winked at her and began to play.

Amergin Posted on 20-Apr-2009, 09:07 PM
"A pint all around on the drummer, and a small one on me, if you please Landlord." says the stranger, plunking a couple of additional coins on the counter. He reaches out a weathered hand to the lady.

Lady Leelee turned toward Amergin and accepted his greeting with a quick curtsie, "Pleased tae meet ye Lad". Amergin withdrew his harp with great care from the leather satchel. "Och, she is a beaut Amergin!!!! 'Tis nae a wonder that ye guarded her." Lady Leelee blushed and thought to herself that it was best to assume nothing further since her guess of the contents in the leather satchel was far from correct.

As the two gents played, the Pub started to stir. The spirits were flowing, Lady Leelee's eyes were glittering with glee and contently smiled. Leelee began tapping her toes to the lively tunes, humming along. Finally, the Pub was coming back to life.

PM               
Amergin 
Posted: 27-Apr-2009, 06:17 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

"Thank you milady" Amergin smiled over his harp, continuing the lively tune. He noticed Leelee's foot tapping and enquired, "You have the look of a dancer about you. Perhaps you'd honor us by participating in your own way."

Leelee 
Posted: 28-Apr-2009, 07:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

female

Lady Leelee couldn't resist. She placed her tankard on the hearth and started to dance with the likeness of a free spirit in flight.
PM               
sisterknight 
Posted: 29-Apr-2009, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

sisterknight looks up bleary-eyed......" geesh, will ya look a'that my ladi?? how oft do we see leelee that free an'easy?" sisterknight starts riffling through her travel sack..."drat i lost that apple agin....." " HEY HAMM" she raises her voice to get his attention " ya got any apples for my Lir??"

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 29-Apr-2009, 08:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

female

Leelee caught sisternight glancing (more like blinking in shock) her way. tongue.gif Leelee winked at sisternight wink.gif & turned to Amergin and MacDonnchaidh and said, "Look!!! sisternight is waking from her slumber. Now this Lass can play a bonnie tune" thumbs_up.gif

Lady Leelee twirled to the bar. "Hamm, is it!!?? Set up drams o' scotch all around on me!!! Make sure ye hae one for yerself, Laddie" Wheww!! I'm gettin' mighty thirsty! Need ta keep the Spirits flowing. This night is just starting Whoo Hoo!!!!
PM               
Amergin 
Posted: 29-Apr-2009, 08:51 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

Hamm set up the glasses in a row on the bar and poured whiskey into all of them in one smooth motion. He then picked up the last one, winked at Leelee and tossed it down. Placing the rest on a tray, he passed them around.

Amergin raised his in Leelee's direction and then looked at Sisternight. "What about joining us for a tune sister?"
MacDonnchaidh 
Posted: 02-May-2009, 04:14 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Stoughton, MA

male

MacDonnchaidh looks over to sisterknight as she wakes from her slumber. "Aye, welcome back to the land o' the living mi lady! I' just come from long travels in a land known as Eìre and was hoping to find some lively companions to drink with." Turning to Leelee, "T'was some mighty fine dancing there lass, if you'd be willing, and if Amergin and sisterknight play a lively jig or reel, might we dance together for a bit wink.gif .
PMEmail Poster               
Amergin 
Posted: 02-May-2009, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

Amergin raises his glass in the direction of Sisterknight and takes a sip. "It sounds like a plan to me, are you willing?"
Leelee 
Posted: 04-May-2009, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

female

Lady Leelee raised her glass and cheered her new found friends cheers.gif "Eìre ye say??? Ye must tell us of yer travels after our dance.....Aye, I would be honoured to dance with thee!!" she replied with a curtsie.

"Sisterknight!!! Sisterknight!! Are ye ready now Lass" biggrin.gif
PM               
greenldydragon 
Posted: 14-May-2009, 08:15 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of Dragons
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHazel

female

The sound of jigs and stomping feet made the green dragon pause as she flew past the pub where she used to play tunes. Gosh, she thought to herself, my fiddle's still there! The dragon swerved from her route and dropped in front of the door. A green light illuminated the area.

The Green Lady walked into the pub and breathed in the old, yet familiar, smells. She smiled to herself as she watched the dancers briefly from the door, while wringing out her waist-length hair that had gotten soaked the few steps from the meadow outside to the door. She calmly drew her dark green cloak around her and stepped towards the bar. Hamm gave her a funny, do-I-know-you look, and she couldn't help but giggle as she asked, "Still have me fiddle?" He gestured below his bar. The Green Lady took the case, a drink and wandered to one of the back booths to see if the instrument was still good.

--------------------
DRAGON BLESSING

May dragons bring you wealth
and guard your treasures
May they banish darkness and enlighten you
May female dragons grant you inner power
May the Dragon Queen
neutralize your enemies
May Dragon Spirits
give you power over Elementals
May weather dragons
bring rain at your request
May Ti'amat effect the changes you command
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
PMEmail Poster               
Amergin 
Posted: 17-May-2009, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

Amergin and Sisternight begin hesitantly at first, never having played together before, but a shared heritage and love of the music soon makes them old friends and the music begins to flow back and forth in a rhythm destined to move the dancers.

MacDonnchaidh and Lady Leelee make a fine pair as well, weaving intricate patterns over the dusty wooden floor, stirring up memories in fine clouds at their feet.

Amergin nods in the direction of the newcomer. "When you've dried out by the fire, perhaps you'll join us?"
greenldydragon 
Posted: 18-May-2009, 09:34 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of Dragons
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHazel

female

"Perhaps" The lady replied with a small smile. "I do not want to take away from the lovely pairings already dancing; you are all so nice together. But if the current musicians would like to dance, I would be more than happy to fill in for them." She continued to smile, but felt rather too tired to dance. It had been a long flight.
She bent her head to hear better the strings of the fiddle as she softly plucked each one to check the tuning.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]