Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #105
194,821 Gold!

President Obama called on people of faith to reject those who use religion to justify evil – and in doing so – reminded people about the terrible things done in the name of Jesus Christ.

Obama told a gathering Thursday at the National Prayer Breakfast that we have seen “professions of faith used both as an instrument of great good but twisted in the name of evil.”

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/02/05/...ble-things-too/

Perhaps Mr. Obama needs a history lesson from his newly appointed secretary of defense Ashton Carter - who just so happens to be a medieval history expert.

To focus on Christians is really in my opinion racist. There have been many peoples in the barbaric history of humanity that have performed atrocities. But that is all in our past - what is the point in raising it now and what exactly is it suppose to mean?

Astonished!

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/02/05/outr...kfast/21139559/
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Morrigna 
Posted: 07-Feb-2015, 05:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: United States

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #106
49,476 Gold!

I agree with you 100% there Macfive. Obama is not making a good impression on the people like he needs to.

--------------------
"In fear I hurried this way and that. I had the taste of blood and chocolate in my mouth, the one as hateful as the other."Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View my Google plus Profile.
Shadows 
Posted: 08-Feb-2015, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

He is right ! The christian did even worse things to none christiian during the Inqusition, eben burning people at the stake! It does not excuse ISIS
for what they did though. And don't forget the Salem witch trials condudted by 'Good Christians"!

"Religion has been the ruin of many a goos man"
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." ~Denis Diderot

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
  Posted: 11-Feb-2015, 06:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

All groups have commited atrocities agqainst one another. Mix them up however you like you're always going to find one to use as an example in an argument. I'm still waiting for a Ted Nugent vs Peta fight on Youtube. Or the cult of the Flying Spagetti Monster vs the Jedi religion

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Skinner 
Posted: 04-Apr-2015, 06:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: southwest ohio

male

MacFive, I believe we're on the same page. I am astounded with what they are selling the people. More astounded by the number of people buying it.

Robert Phoenix, I'm with you 100%. If ever one of those contest (Nugent vs PETA) happen, let us know
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 05-Apr-2015, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Peta !? I am for People Eating Tasty Animals !
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Skinner 
Posted: 05-Apr-2015, 10:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

I thought that's what peta stood for. Chuckle there Shadows
PMEmail Poster               
skeets52 
Posted: 25-May-2015, 03:06 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacWillow

Realm: The Coal country of Penns Woods

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #58
41,221 Gold!

I believe they had it right the first time

--------------------
Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.
PMEmail Poster               
ogdenmusic 
Posted: 30-May-2015, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Cincinnati, OHIO

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #39
168,851 Gold!

I believe there is a difference in claiming to be a Christian and truly being one. Some people are just Christian by name only. A true Christian carries out the attributes and love of what being a Christian is really about.

--------------------
GO KENTUCKY WILDCATS
PMEmail Poster               
TetonAndDistrictPerformingArts 
Posted: 19-Oct-2015, 02:05 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacIvy

Realm: South-East Idaho (Idaho Falls)

male

"If you have ever wondered whether President Obama has an abiding hostility to people of Christian faith, wonder no more. He believes we are a threat to national security. If you are a sincerely devoted follower of Jesus Christ, your president believes you are a potential domestic terrorist.

I do not exaggerate. In a​gathering at George Washington University​this week, Obama’s assistant attorney general for national security, John Carlin, revealed that the Department of Justice is creating a brand new position just to monitor us. The position, Domestic Terrorism Counsel, will be created to combat the “real and present threat” of domestic terrorism."

Read more at http://barbwire.com/2015/10/17/obama-chris...ional-security/

--------------------
David S. R. Clark, Administrative Sergeant-Major

Burns' Society of the Tetons

Ammon Scottish Festival
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.
Skinner 
Posted: 24-Oct-2015, 01:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

Sgt-Maj, I,m not certain if I remember correctly but I believe I read where Mrs. Feinstein wants all service members returning home from abroad to be included in that category. I'm ashamed that a number of government officials and this administration ( our well paid employees) are so ungrateful and disrespectful of our service members.

Skinner
PMEmail Poster               
Posted: 24-Oct-2015, 11:44 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacIvy

male

Yes, Mr. Skinner, you are correct. The government trains these people to fight their wars, then declares them "dangerous" when they get home. Our Country is at an all-time low.

Luckily, a lot of these service members are getting wise to how evil our dictator-in-chief really is (him, and all his minions), and are preparing. I'm afraid that things will get much worse, before they get any better.

Thank for the PM. I wouldn't make a very good Canadian, though. I don't think that Canada would let me in with my toys. Besides, we can open carry in Idaho; and I do!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.
  Posted: 25-Oct-2015, 12:09 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacIvy

male

I would like to address OgdenMusic, please.

"I believe there is a difference in claiming to be a Christian and truly being one. Some people are just Christian by name only. A true Christian carries out the attributes and love of what being a Christian is really about."

NEVER think for a moment that The Lord, Jesus Christ was some sort of hippy pacifist. Quite the contrary. He was compassionate, but, a butt-kicker in is own right (yep...I said it).

Remember that whole episode in the Temple; tables being over-turned, people being thrown out, and I believe that a whip was used in there somewhere; but, I could be wrong ;o)

People say The Lord, Jesus Christ was "tolerant." I say bull-crap! He said "Go, and sin no more."

I do not know where people get the wimpy ideas of Jesus; but, he was (is) ANYTHING but wimpy.

One can express "love" for the sinner, but "hate" the sin. The best "love" that a person can show, is to give moral support, but, not indulge in there sins / issues, or let them think that those sins / issues are acceptable.

These days a person can do, practically, whatever they want, and no one is allowed to "judge." God forbid, a teacher in school talks to you children about things, that used to be considered illegal and immoral. Now... your labeled "hater" or some other very tolerant name.

I know, I know...Judge not, lest Ye be judged. But, shouldn't we be judged; at least a little bit? Should there not be some measure of "right & wrong"? "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone." Maybe that's not a bad idea. A glass house is sure to crack and crumble. If there were more of that, maybe, just maybe we would be a little more civilized in our actions towards each other, while upholding a certain standard of acceptability.

But...these are just my thoughts.

five4 
Posted: 11-Feb-2016, 10:08 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacElder

Realm: SW Florida

male

And good and strong thoughts indeed...
They reveal a foundation of Judeo-Christian values and morals...

Romans 13:4 For he is the minister of GOD to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is a minister of GOD, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

II Corinthians 10:3-6 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through GOD to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of GOD, and bringing in to captivity every thought to the obedience of CHRIST; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, "But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his script; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

--------------------
The Scots are the men that made GOD mad, for their battles are happy and their songs are sad...UNK

It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, as long as there's whiskey in it...UNK

Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough...M. Twain
PMEmail Poster               
five4 
Posted: 11-Feb-2016, 11:17 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacElder

Realm: SW Florida

male

Here's what really bothers me...

When postulators assert...these middle Americans that still cling to their guns and to their religion...yumping yimminy...that's what made this country so great in the first place. What are the five basic rights of the 1st Amendment...the freedoms of religion, speech, press, assemble and to petition. How do we insure that these rights are preserved and protected? That's easy, by force if necessary and that strength of force is provided by...wait for it...the 2nd Amendment, the right to bear arms, quite succinct and to the point I should say...There you have it: Americans believing in their guns and their Bible, our Founding Fathers were indeed the doyennes of a Colonial society that spawned a Revolution and birthed a Nation.

So, we have these basic freedoms provided by the Constitution and protected by the 2nd Amendment, does that make me bitter? On the contrary, it gives me strength and forbearance, in fact, on my nightstand sits a Lutheran Worship Hymnal, the Bible and my gun. Remember, the beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it is not needed till they try to take it away.

This post has been edited by five4 on 11-Feb-2016, 11:35 AM
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]