Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The People Behind The "useful Idiot", How does knowledge feel?

Now that you are a bit more informed about the people behind Cindy Sheehan, are yo ucomfortable being politically associated with her?
I agree wholeheartedly with their sentiments and motives. [ 1 ]  [14.29%]
I really had no idea and don't like it. [ 3 ]  [42.86%]
I don't like these people but I agree with their voice. [ 3 ]  [42.86%]
Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
Sonee 
Posted on 20-Nov-2005, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Nebraska

female

Shamrock, thank you ever so much for that explanation! Now I don't feel as lost in this converstion!

I couldn't agree with you more, sniper. I also had made a few replies that were lost. If I had more space on my computer I would probably do the same. I just can't save that many posts!!

--------------------
Sonee

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke

"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison
PMEmail Poster               
sniper 
Posted on 23-Nov-2005, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Augusta,Ga

male

Thanks for your patience, my workload has been and will continue to be for the near future demanding of my time.
QUOTE (Sonee @ 15-Nov-2005, 04:24 AM)
......... there are those who believe that there is absolutely no reason for our military to be involved anywhere outside our borders.

I agree with your observation and feel, perhaps inaccurately, that some of our more passionate members more closely have the sentiment you express here than actually reflecting the mindset of the anti-American rhetoric of the Stalinists and anarchists. At the very least, it would be my hope.

Now, I may be one of the ignorant masses but, I'm still not quite clear on the whole 'straw man' reference. I assume it has a cultural base, but that alludes me at present. Could someone please enlighten me as to where this reference came from and it's meaning to the post? I know that this is off topic but I'd really like to be up to speed on all the info being presented here!

SCShamrock did an exceptional job of explaining what a "strawman" argument is. As to the application here, the strawman was speculating another member's position when that member chooses to not clarify it for us.

Sniper, for further clarification, are you saying that all anti-war protesters/groups are also anti-American, or only that the groups supporting Sheehan are anti-american?

In particular, I have presented the groups and individuals behind the current anti-war movement. In summary, these groups and individuals are clearly anti-American. Many are devout communists, Stalinists, anarchists, anti-Semitic/pro-Palestinian, et.al., and have a clearly identifiable history that supports this observation.

My challenge, mentioned earlier, is for anyone that is "anti-war" to provide a "pro-American" position while attacking the administration's resolve to defeat the enemy on a foreign land rather than in the streets of America. It is my observation that the current tidal wave of anti-Bush propaganda is pure politically driven mantra designed to motivate the DemocRATic base and undermine our resolve to destroy militant Islam.

From my perspective, doing anything that encourages, supports, or aids the enemy to defeat of the United States is anti-American.

--------------------
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Militia
1.Civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army

2.The entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]