Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,938 Gold!

Thanks for the offer!

I have to say that everything is in place to make the T-shirts. Really I am just having a good time working on the forum and in building the site. I would really like to get the site at 80% of what the plans are before I start the estore and in selling tshirts and stuff.

Until then, listener donations are keeping the streaming going!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Pirata72 
  Posted: 30-Jul-2003, 08:57 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

male

I agree w/ free2beme. The banner design would make a nice t-shirt design. The one you posted looks good to.
PMEmail Poster               
Billsnerdness 
Posted: 04-Aug-2003, 10:55 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Upstate NY

female

If you can get the tee shirts out before Christmas, we could buy them for everyone as gifts!!!!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of the red haired dragon, for thou art crispy and go well with ketchup!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 04-Aug-2003, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,938 Gold!

It just so happens that we will be working on the T-shirts this week. Need a little break from programming and website stuff, so thought this might be a good time to try a trial run of T-Shirts. We are hoping to have perhaps 50 shirts available within a few weeks.

All proceeds will be going towards our annual goal to support the station and website.

We are thinking a flat $15 per T-shirt - but that includes shipping & cost of the mailer. Does that seem like a fair price? I know alot of stations are charging a few dollars more plus it does not include S & H. We will also offer a 30 day money back GTD.

Just a note that we are probably going to have a limited number of T-shirts and sizes available for sale until we actually open up an estore. That is probably not until 2004, but the sales of these shirts along with the donations I think will allow us to fully fund CelticRadio.net for the whole year.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 04-Aug-2003, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

That sounds like a fair price to me! I would like to have one to wear to our Highland festival coming up! Good advertisement! biggrin.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Shadows 
Posted: 04-Aug-2003, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

The design you have above looks great; one that you might consider is just the Celtic Knot on the back with The radios logo under it! If pocket tees, then the knot on the pocket and the logo on the back! Just my thoughts and what I would wear.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 04-Aug-2003, 07:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,938 Gold!

Here is the second design which is in line with our Highlander Radio logo. The problem with just placing our logo on a T-shirt is that it would be too small. Although I am going to try out Shadow's suggestion along with a few others to see if I can come up with a possible 3rd alternative.

Here is the second design. Fire those comments and suggestions away!

Update - We have added back of shirt logo - this might increase the cost of the shirt a bit, but the effect looks good. Front of shirt is on top, back of shirt on bottom.

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
Shadows 
Posted: 04-Aug-2003, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

QUOTE (Macfive @ Aug 4 2003, 09:59 PM)
Here is the second design which is in line with our Highlander Radio logo. The problem with just placing our logo on a T-shirt is that it would be too small. Although I am going to try out Shadow's suggestion along with a few others to see if I can come up with a possible 3rd alternative.

Here is the second design. Fire those comments and suggestions away!

Try my suggestion in reverse...Celtic knot (large ) on the back and the logo where the pocket is or should be !
Crebain 
Posted: 05-Aug-2003, 08:19 AM
Quote Post

Crow Lord
Group Icon

Group: Isle of Man
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Sweden

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #71
117,051 Gold!

I like this second design much more than the first.

I sure would buy one or perhaps two T-shirts!

thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 05-Aug-2003, 04:54 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I like the second design much better!

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
andylucy 
Posted: 05-Aug-2003, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

High Chief Of The Dartboard
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

I vote for the second design, with the right to revise my vote if you come up with a better design biggrin.gif

Ahhh, the heck with it. I'll just get one of each. (Did my wife hear that? unsure.gif )

--------------------
Just my tuppence.

Andy

Never drink to excess; you might shoot at a tax collector and miss. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.

TANSTAAFL

If a person doesn't believe in something, he'll soon believe in anything. - G. K. Chesterton

9-1-1: state sponsored Dial-A-Prayer
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 05-Aug-2003, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,938 Gold!

I've updated the Highlander Radio T-shirt design with a smaller logo that goes on the back of the shirt. I think I'm liking the effect. Scroll back up to see the updated graphic file.

I have one more design I am going to work on which goes off the Seven Celtic Nations theme. Hopefully we can fire up the T-shirt press later this week and then have a few models show off their new T-shirts. More details to follow................
stevenpd 
Posted: 05-Aug-2003, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

Here's my two cents worth for the second revised graphic, which I prefer:

The front image:

The width to height ratio needs to be closer to 2:1, this will allow "Highlander Radio" to be pushed up a little more (into sky?) making the placement a little easier to distinguish from the background a little more. Increasing the font height porportionately or even stretching the logo font a little will allow it to stand out a little more. It's almost like you want to take the logo font and place it in the sky just above the interface between earth and sky leaving the flag grouping just below the interface. This would allow the the circular element to span between the earth and sky. The size may be increased if it looks right and needs to tie the logo elements together. The first design has a more appropriate shape. The edge treatment is great.

The back image:

Consider shaping the "www.celticradio.net" into a soft arch (60 inch radius?) placed high on the back across the shoulders. You also might want to consider placing a light grey line around the flag cluster to help define them a little more. Especially if the shirt is going to be white with no printing for the flag color. If you go to a shirt color you don't need to worry because the white will need to be printed.

Overall I would suggest a white shirt base to eliminate the need for an additional color and thereby simplifying the color pallet.

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
CelticRadio 
Posted: 05-Aug-2003, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,938 Gold!

Great suggestions Steven! I am definitely going to try and incorporate these ideas. Back to the drawing board!

But seriously, thanks to everyone. Your all great taking the time to help with your excellent and well thought out posts!

barddas 
Posted: 06-Aug-2003, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

I like the new modification. I think it is a great idea for the seven celtic nations design too!
Maybe one day I will get these photos processed to send to you.....

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]