Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Enter at own risk!

The Philosophy, Science & Religion forum has been created as an unmoderated forum. The issues discussed here can and will get very intense. Please show respect and appreciation to alternative views posted here. We appreciate your consideration.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What's The Purpose Of Life?
Dogshirt 
Posted: 23-Mar-2006, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Elspeth, I don't know if this will shed any light, but Black Elk said that if the universe is infinite in all directions, then anywhere you are is the center of the universe. So at any time the ENTIRE universe revolves around YOU. Yes the kids still monopolize your time, yes, your husband has needs, but YOU are the point that it ALL revolves around. Now, to take that a step further, if you should for any reason not be able to be there for them, then thier world will grind to a stop. And at this point they will have to become the centers of thier OWN universe. But at ALL times you are still at the center no matter what you are doing.
So take some ME time and reflect on being the center, an perhaps read "Black Elk Speaks" he was pretty sharp for an uneducated Lakota man born in the mid-1800s. Washte!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Elspeth 
Posted: 23-Mar-2006, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 23-Mar-2006, 09:32 PM)
perhaps read "Black Elk Speaks" he was pretty sharp for an uneducated Lakota man born in the mid-1800s. Washte!

Since when did 'education' connotate to wisdom?

I'll have to look that book up. Afterall I was the kid walking around Jr. high with copies of Light in the Forest, Only Earth and Sky Last Forever and I Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee. About time I read some philosophy as well.

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Antwn 
Posted: 28-Mar-2006, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

Well Stoirm, not to reduce Roshi-mind to mere environmental factors or anything, wink.gif but both Newton and Emerson lived in decidedly less harried times. They had a bit more time to devote to rebuilds and rewrites. If I'd written several chapters of a novel and MS Word froze and it all got deleted in a flash, I wouldn't exactly be saying, "but isn't it just a lovely little program?" Hats off to Emerson and Newton however....assuming the stories are true.

Elspeth - I read The Light in the Forest as a kid too! Matter of fact I was just thinking of that book the other day. I'd like to know more about the Eastern tribes, they seem under-represented, though there's some great stuff in 1491.

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
le pwner 
Posted: 08-Apr-2006, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

Realm: my own reality

female

sorry for interrupting your cozy little chat since all of you seem to know each other, but i would like to add that you must find your own personal meaning of life. It has to be something you're completely interested in/devoted to. I figure you find something worth living for and then you have your meaning. (sounds so simple, right?) I haven't found mine yet, but hey i've got so much life left to live that it doesn't matter so much now! blink.gif heh i love reading these things.

--------------------
j'adore tout le monde! ♥♥
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]