Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Where Do You Live?, If you want to share...
talleyrand 
Posted: 04-Oct-2004, 04:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Kansas City, Missouri USA

male

I knew I liked you for some reason Rindy!

I've been through Riverton twice, know how to pronounce the name of Dubois and still dream about going backpacking again at the Whiskey Basin mountain range (it's where I picked up my other internet name of whiskey_basin). I think I actually have a TG&Y or Safeway or some region food chain's coupon card from my first visit out there. At any rate, I'm pretty sure Riverton is the town that I always wanted to stop in and see a movie at since it looked this little old-school looking movie theatre. Could have be Lander though since it's been 4 years since I've driven around in central Wyoming. My father-in-law on the other hand, goes to cattle sales weekly there. Any more, the furthest we head West is to Lisco to grab some grub, otherwise my Wyoming time is pretty much restricted to Torrington.

We ended up getting married on the other side of the state though out in Jackson Hole (Tetons/Yellowstone area). Glorious country.

--------------------
I don't think of myself as a lion. You might as well, though - I have a mighty roar.
Jubel Early
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 04-Oct-2004, 04:54 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hey tallyerand,

That is just bazzare. Small world huh? Did you get married in the church that looks out at the Tetons? Yes we are a small town and that theatre is still there. Although they rebuilt one of them put 4 theatres in. They have the downtown main street all tore up they are hoping to get all the resurfacing done here pretty quick. Yes Whiskey Basin is so beautiful.

Sincerely,
Rindy1202
PMEmail Poster               
talleyrand 
Posted: 04-Oct-2004, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Kansas City, Missouri USA

male

We got married at Jenny Lake in the state park there. Nice simple ceremony with our families and gorgeous scenery. I'll have to scan some of the pictures in but they won't do it justice.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 04-Oct-2004, 07:26 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I know exactly where you were. I could always look at the pictures though. Such a romantic place to be. We are having a lot of hunters now.
Heres to meeting you beer_mug.gif

Rindy
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 04-Oct-2004, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (sprdleyb @ 06-Sep-2004, 07:07 AM)
I live in Greeley, Colorado. It's about an hour north of Denver, not far from the Wyoming line. We are just a stones throw away from the Majestic Rocky Mountains on the plains of the "wild west". cowboy.gif

Slainte beer_mug.gif

Hey we are almost neighbors! I know right where you live. I live in Riverton Wyoming.

Nice to meet ya
Rindy1202
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 04-Oct-2004, 07:38 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Whoops not sure what happened..
PMEmail Poster               
Keltic 
Posted: 04-Oct-2004, 09:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

Rindy,

After reading your post, I had to go on to the Wyoming tourism website to remind myself of the beauty of the state. I drove through Wyoming about 10 years ago and have always wanted to go back. It's now back in my sights again!!

BTW, I can't help but laugh every time I see mention of the "Tetons". Some lonely french explorers must have named them!!

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 05-Oct-2004, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hello Keltic,

Thank you for the compliment on the state. I think Wyoming gets left out a lot. We don't have a lot of population and that is the way most people who live here want it. I am sure there are some changes after 10 years. Where did you go when you drove through? Ten years is awhile ago.

Rindy
PMEmail Poster               
Keltic 
Posted: 05-Oct-2004, 09:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 05-Oct-2004, 04:17 PM)
Hello Keltic,

Thank you for the compliment on the state. I think Wyoming gets left out a lot. We don't have a lot of population and that is the way most people who live here want it. I am sure there are some changes after 10 years. Where did you go when you drove through? Ten years is awhile ago.

Rindy

We were driving through on I-90 and then over to Cody where we stayed overnight. We were on our way to Washington and were going to cut through Yellowstone. We didn't realize that some entrances weren't yet open. We ended up heading up to Bighorn Canyon in Montana and then eventually worked our way back to I-90.

I love doing driving trips. I tend to pick a destination and allow myself a lot more time to get there than necessary. Unfortunately, I didn't have as much time as I would have liked when I headed to Washington so I could only spend two days in Wyoming. I'll be back to explore more
PMEmail Poster               
tsargent62 
Posted: 06-Oct-2004, 10:43 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

I live in Lake Orion, Michigan. It's a far flung northern suburb of Detroit. It has a few pluses, not the least of which is nationally recognizes schools. I'm not a big fan of the Detroit area. My wife and I have been looking for an excuse to leave. She wants to move to Florida. I would love to move back to Colorado Springs, Colorado. We lived there for 2.5 years while serving in the US Army. We made a big mistake leaving Coloardo. I loved it there. The only down side is that there isn't an a big pipe band scene there. Being a drummer in pipe bands for going on 32 years that's pretty important to me. Given that, I should be living in Toronto or Halifax. Been to both places and loved them!

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 06-Oct-2004, 03:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
42,935 Gold!

Todd

May I suggest North Carolina? You've just got your IT degree and things are starting to hop again in the Raleigh Durham area (Red Hat, SAS, Cisco, etc.; there's a lot in this area for an IT guy) There are pipe bands in the area. We've got the mountains (true, not like Colorado, but a great deal like Scotland biggrin.gif ), the beach and everything in between. Several Highland games through the year. It's a great place to be. cool.gif Give it a try.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
susieq76 
Posted: 06-Oct-2004, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

I thought I posted on here...but I guess not! I live in Durham, NC. It works for now!

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 06-Oct-2004, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
42,935 Gold!

QUOTE (susieq76 @ 06-Oct-2004, 05:56 PM)
I live in Durham, NC.

If that's not enough to bring 'em in, I don't know what is. wink.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
susieq76 
Posted: 06-Oct-2004, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Yup, yup! Seriously though, Durham has it's share of good places. I love being in such an area of cultural diversity. Means there are lots of events going on over the weekends - festivals, fairs, etc.

You should move here, Todd. It is a cool place. I hear tell Broadway has a roving gang of kilt-wearing bearded scotsmen and has become quite dangerous. Durham is much safer. *says with tongue-in-cheek*
PMMy Photo Album               
urian 
Posted: 06-Oct-2004, 04:10 PM
Quote Post

heretic. lurker in the shadows
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

male

I live deeeeeeeeeeeep in the heart if east texas, The oldest town in Texas, Nacogdoches.
Other than it being the oldest town(and where my son is) there is nothing else going for it. No business, no turism, nada.

--------------------
'Dying for being different is still better than living as a Sheep'-anon
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]