Shamalama 
Posted: 27-Dec-2004, 08:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

Yep, I'm going to (1) brag a bit, and (2) beg for help.

Macfive has graciously offered web hosting to the Founders. I've taken advantage of it and built Mac Cullaich Genealogy Online

The Brag Part: Please understand that this is a work-in-progress, and you might find the site to be acting quirky at any given moment. But I welcome any and all comments, and I also encourage the other Founders to consider placing your research online like I have.

The Beg Part: If anyone runs across anything pertaining to the Mac Cullaich name I beg that you will send me an email or web link with the information.

Thanks Macfive!

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 30-Dec-2004, 03:55 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

I like it. Maybe you work on mine next? lamo.gif http://maceoghainn.celticradio.us/index.htm

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
dfilpus 
Posted: 30-Dec-2004, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Chapel Hill NC

male

Bravo!!! Beautiful website!!!!
I am so envious

--------------------
Näkemiin

Dave (SCA: Geoffrey Genour of Carney)
Protector of Bits and Bytes, Third cousin once removed to Phil, Prince of Insufficient Light

user posted image

Help out with the site! Win prizes!
Suggest videos at VideoCelt.com

Check out the outstanding video - Merchant Marine by Celtae
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas 
Posted: 08-Jan-2005, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

Cousin Shamalama,
Here's a file of the descendants of John McCulloch that I have compiled. It's in text format as the rtf file is too large (1.5mg) to attach. I can email the rtf if you want to pm me your email address.
There may be enough to make a connection to your branch of the McCullochs. In looking at the second line of your family tree, I see some familiar names. In particular, I wonder whether your Olivia McCulloch (1799) may have been named for my gx-grandmother Olivia Morgan (1764-1827), who married John McCulloch (1752-1827). (There is speculation--far from proven--that Olivia is the sister of Sarah Morgan, the mother of Daniel Boone.)
My lineage to John McCulloch is through my maternal grandfather 180. WALTER MELVIN12 MORGAN (REUBEN CLINTON11, HENRIETTA10 FRAZIER, HENRY9, SARAH ELIZABETH8 (SENA/SINEA), MARY7 MCCULLOUGH, JOHN6, THOMAS5, JOHN4 MCCULLOCH, GODFREY3, ALEXANDER2, JOHN1)

Attached File John_McCulloch_descendants.txt
Size: 394.77K
Number of downloads: 10908 Times(s)
Last accessed: 25-Mar-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Updated: 09-Aug-2006, 06:06 PM

--------------------
Síochán leat,
Mailagnas
Clan Donald USA
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 08-Jan-2005, 10:01 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Congratulations on your website, Shamalama! It's ok to brag when you have done such a good job! thumbs_up.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Iago 
Posted: 10-Jan-2005, 11:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Carlsbad, California

male

What an awesome website! I must say I am impressed and inspired.....now if I just knew who my family was.......

Oh well, just lost it.

~Iago

--------------------
Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Shamalama 
Posted: 11-Jan-2005, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

Brother MMD,

I've seen the "John McCullough married twice, in Ireland, one son to each marriage. He was widowed twice. John McCulloch brought his two sons, Thomas and Samuel, to America between 1728 and December 1735" in my data too. I've got a long-lost cousin sending me her Family Tree Maker family file to integrate into mine, and with her information I bet you and I are going to find a link somewhere.

I want so badly to make the America-Ulster-Scotland link, although that may be too much to ask for. We'll have to see.

Thanks a bunch for the info. I'll work with the .txt file (I'll send it to the laser printer after everyone leaves this afternoon - it looks to be MANY pages). 596 .ftw imports! Wow.

I had a hard drive crash last fall, so I'm back to rebuilding everything by hand, and all those names and dates tend to make my eyes go crossed (or maybe it was the frequent wee drams).

I'm going to do some sort of tree thingie on this new celticradio.us website, although I don't know exactly how to do it. Maybe .rtf export out of Family Tree Maker? Adobe .pdf?

And THANKS! for the kind words, y'all. I owe it to my children to do as much work as I can so as to provide them with a history before more and more information simply disappears into antiquity. Macfive has offered as a real treasure chest. If several of us can post "what we have" and make it available to others doing the same genealogy research we're doing, then we're going to find links and information otherwise unknown. Heck, through CelticRadio I've found Cousin MMD!
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]