MDF3530 
  Posted: 07-Jan-2006, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I watched the Orange Bowl parade this year. The announcers would say "Let's listen to the marching bands!" They'd let us hear them for about two seconds and it was back to flapping their yaps! I was wishing they'd just shut the censored.gif up!

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
gwenlee 
Posted: 08-Jan-2006, 06:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all. I have been so very busy with planning my daughters wedding. Yesterday we went shopping for the bridesmaids dresses afterwards we had lunch at Applebees. Then we did more shopping for flowers and wedding things. I think now my checkbook is empty.

While planning for the wedding. My 2nd born filed for a divorce this week. Don't be sad. It was an abusive marriage and she needed out. She is graduating from college this spring and has applied for grad school in Boston and Houston. I'm sad she has to go away. She really wants to go to Boston. I know there are some of you out there who lives there. What is is like? I told her it is way different than the small towns she has lived in all of her life. And with her very southern accent boy will she stand out. But she wants to go into pharmaceutical research and she is interested in the company Biogen. But I hope she gets what she wants or needs. I guess I'll be flying Air Tran or Delta a lot.

Last night I went to a memorial service for a dear friend who passed away from skin cancer. She was only 42. The cancer started in an area as she put it, "Where the sun never shines." But she was very fair, red hair and very blue eyes. She fought this disease for 3 years. Sher was a wonderful person and last night I saw how many people in the community she had touched. The church was packed with an overflow out the door ( and it was cold). It was such a reminder of how fragile life is. In saying this everyone please take care of yourself have a your check up and see a dermatologist regularly.
mariah 
Posted: 08-Jan-2006, 09:48 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

I thought that I would add to the discussion about the skin cancer as I work in the medical field. Many people do not think about the tops of their ears, their noses, their eyelids, and the back of necks, especially if you are fair skin. Beware, use the sunblock.
On a lighter note, a Happy New Year to all and Happy January Birthdays to all including myself.
Our great news this past month is that our youngest daughter has received a US Congressional nomination for the US Naval Academy. We and she of course are awaiting the school's final decision on her application. She is a freshman in college here locally in California.
Also, I have a new employer, as the physician that I had worked for the last 20 years retired and sold his practice. I was hired by the new doctor and I am enjoying the work with him, and the staff that has remained.
I have been able to listen to Celtic Radio in the background on my work computer on the weekends while doing some catch up work for the new doctor as things are being switched over. Great music this past Saturday. Thank you. Well sorry that I have not been busy with getting on the computer these past months but have been busy with a new granddaughter and the selling of a medical practice, and keeping my job.

HAPPY NEW YEAR............Mariah
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 10-Jan-2006, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Who was it that sang "IIIII-eeeeeeeeeee love a parade!" (you can tell it wasn't me) laugh.gif laugh.gif I love parades too but didn't manage to see much of any of them this year.

Hey, y'all aren't the only ones with appliance woes - my ancient cd player finally died on me. This was the first one we ever got, waaay back in 1990, and its been getting along okay in my studio until about two weeks ago when it started groaning and twitching and refused to let me have my Collective Soul cd back. Well honey, Lord help the machine that tries to get between me and my Soul! I fiddled with the cd player until I got that beloved disc out and then told my hubby "Get RID of this contraption!!" While daughter wasn't looking, I confiscated her player in the name of art so I get to hear my tunes again while I work. wink.gif

Oh Gwen, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend... that's tragic indeed.
And surely the daughter who is getting married isn't the one I met at the Highland Games back in October?!? She looks so young! How many kids do you have anyway? I met a son at the Games too... you have 3 then or 4?

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Emmet 
Posted: 10-Jan-2006, 04:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

My condolences upon the loss of your friend Gwenlee. Such transitions are always hard, but they sure can remind us not to ever take your loved ones for granted.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 10-Jan-2006, 09:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 10-Jan-2006, 12:11 PM)
Hey, y'all aren't the only ones with appliance woes - my ancient cd player finally died on me. This was the first one we ever got, waaay back in 1990, and its been getting along okay in my studio until about two weeks ago when it started groaning and twitching and refused to let me have my Collective Soul cd back. Well honey, Lord help the machine that tries to get between me and my Soul! I fiddled with the cd player until I got that beloved disc out and then told my hubby "Get RID of this contraption!!" While daughter wasn't looking, I confiscated her player in the name of art so I get to hear my tunes again while I work. wink.gif

SB, if it were me, the CD player could've kept the Collective Soul CD. I never have cared for them. If it'd been my Metallica ...And Justice For All CD, however, I would've ripped it apart to get it biggrin.gif ...
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 11-Jan-2006, 07:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Ah, but this latest Collective Soul cd is really something... I never cared for their earlier stuff THAT much, but something's happened to the band & this new release is superb. Great variety of songs, laid out in an order that is perfect in how it goes from ballad to rockin'... and I've fallen in love with that lead singer's voice as much as I tried to resist it!

Now as far as Metallica, I agree they're worth ripping apart machinery to retrieve. But if my player had confiscated any of my Stevie Ray Vaughan stuff, it would have been sledge-hammer time.

hammer.gif hammer.gif hammer.gif
PM               
gwenlee 
Posted: 11-Jan-2006, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

SB the daughter you met is my second born, Sarah. she is getting a divorce, she is 22, and Cheyenne who is my baby. She is 15 My oldest daughter is 26, you haven't met her. I have 4 kids. 3 girls and 1 boy I know I have a lot of kid but not as many as I would have liked. Money and health played a factor in how many we had.

I have been busy this morning cleaning my kitchen. I got down and scrubbed baseboards and cleaned windows, and then I made chocolate chip cookies.

I have to start on my dinning room and then I'll stop. The day is actually very nice so I have opened up the windows to let in some fresh air.

My dvd player died so I took the kids player. I'll have to get them a new one. They haven't been using theirs much since they go a portable one.

Are any of you planning a Burns Dinner? I have invitations to two.

Well I have to go and finish up things

ttfn

gwenlee
MDF3530 
  Posted: 11-Jan-2006, 10:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 11-Jan-2006, 07:18 AM)
Now as far as Metallica, I agree they're worth ripping apart machinery to retrieve. But if my player had confiscated any of my Stevie Ray Vaughan stuff, it would have been sledge-hammer time.

hammer.gif hammer.gif hammer.gif

I only have one SRV CD, but it's the only one I need: Texas Flood.
Emmet 
Posted: 12-Jan-2006, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

Are any of you planning a Burns Dinner?

I'll be piping in the haggis for Burns Night at Flanagan's Irish Pub in Dunedin. Of all of the places in town that do Burns Night, I've always enjoyed this one the most.
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 13-Jan-2006, 12:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

How's everyone doing today?

I'm just sitting here at my 'puter, drinking a nice cup of Stewarts Private Blend coffee.

A question: How many of you buy products that are locally made? I try to. I gotta represent for my homies biggrin.gif ...

Right now in my kitchen I have Stewarts coffee and Vienna Beef hot dogs. Both are made here in Chicago, so I'm helping to support the local economy by buying local.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 13-Jan-2006, 01:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 11-Jan-2006, 11:28 PM)
I only have one SRV CD, but it's the only one I need: Texas Flood.

"Well Ima love-stuck baby I mus confess!"

Oh yeah!! One of his finest... Lenny is gorgeous, Pride & Joy is classic SRV and Mary Had a Little Lamb strikes me as being hilarious - its just so sassy, so Texan!
PM               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 13-Jan-2006, 01:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 13-Jan-2006, 01:38 PM)
A question: How many of you buy products that are locally made? I try to. I gotta represent for my homies biggrin.gif ...

The only wine I actually like is Duncan Creek muscadine wine from Chateau Elan, a local winery near Braselton, Georgia... they have one with strawberry & muscadine, but the best to me is a peach & muscadine blend. My grandpa grew muscadine grapes when I was a kid, and they have the most amazing taste... I never forgot it. So the first time I sampled Duncan Creek, at a reception Chateau Elan held for me and an artist friend when we had an exhibit there, well I was instantly transported back to grandpa's yard, standing under the vines picking the ripest grapes for a sweet treat.

Can't think of too many other local things though... oh wait, there's a wonderful tomato chutney available at the Blue Willow Inn in Social Circle, Georgia too; its simply wonderful! They have a lot of jams, dressings & sauces made locally too.
PM               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 13-Jan-2006, 01:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 13-Jan-2006, 01:47 PM)
"Well Ima love-stuck baby I mus confess!"

Oh yeah!! One of his finest... Lenny is gorgeous, Pride & Joy is classic SRV and Mary Had a Little Lamb strikes me as being hilarious - its just so sassy, so Texan!

The whole Texas Flood album is good, but my favorites are "Love Struck Baby", "Pride & Joy", "Dirty Pool" and of course the title track biggrin.gif ...
Keltic 
Posted: 13-Jan-2006, 10:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

I haven't said much in this forum but SRV comes up, one just can't stay silent. "Pride and Joy" is definitely one of the best but with Stevie, it's hard to pick just one. An old buddy of mine from school is a local blues master and backed up Stevie Ray Vaughn in concert. His name is Tony D (http://www.tonydband.com/).

Anyways, I'll try to pop in here again in the future. Gotta get some rest. Off to the fights tomorrow night where two of my friends are having their mixed martial arts debut and someone I've trained under a number of times is fighting on the main card.

Have a good weekend everyone

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]