Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Correct Me If I'm Wrong....., Tolerance is a wonderful thing
Catriona 
Posted: 08-Oct-2003, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Banned Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

I have never really posted in this area, simply because I am an agnostic and have no real religious beliefs at all.... However, I sometimes read the posts, as some of them are really interesting.

However, I THOUGHT this was an area for non-Christian discussion?

Yep, I've just checked - it's supposed to be a Pagan area.... cool.gif

Maybe it's just me, but I have noticed recently that there are some quite antagonistic anti-Wiccan, Druidic etc posts......

If the Christians want an area for discussion, I am sure that the Management will oblige... biggrin.gif wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 08-Oct-2003, 11:30 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Catriona, and all,

I don't think anyone meant to corner the pages, so to speak. I'm sorry if anything I've said has offended anyone. I am Christian, but for the third time in my life I've felt a *very* strong urge to learn about paganism, and wicca in particular. Therefore, since about February, I've been reading and researching. (In fact, our local Library just called to say they've got more books ready for me to pick up.) Reading all of your posts has given me insight, and also raised more questions. I'm not turning my back on my own beliefs, but neither can I ignore this pull I'm feeling to learn about yours. So far, I'm very glad I've finally taken this so seriously as it's helped to dispell quite a lot of nonsense, and I've begun to reconsider some long-ingrained reservations and fears.

Please forgive me once again, if there's anything I've posted that has offended you. I'm still learning, and hope to continue to do so here. You all have helped me, and I do appreciate it.

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Welsh Guy 
Posted: 08-Oct-2003, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Paris, France

Hi Hen,

I've never been in the "Grove" before, I only came in because I saw you had posted here. All I can say is, I'm with you Catriona, but since Christianity was only a recent introduction to Celtic nations we might as well ask for a Muslim or Seihk section too.

Come to think of it Vulcan would probably have as much relevance.

--------------------
Quand tout renaît à l'espérance
PMEmail Poster               
Keltic 
Posted: 08-Oct-2003, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

QUOTE (Welsh Guy @ Oct 8 2003, 02:36 PM)
but since Christianity was only a recent introduction to Celtic nations we might as well ask for a Muslim or Seihk section too.

Come to think of it Vulcan would probably have as much relevance.

Whether you are Christian or not, Christianity played a very important part in the history of the Celtic Nations. The comments concerning the Muslims, Sikhs or vulcans having as much relevance couldn't be any further from the truth!

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
Welsh Guy 
Posted: 08-Oct-2003, 12:00 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Keltic @ Oct 8 2003, 08:56 PM)
Whether you are Christian or not, Christianity played a very important part in the history of the Celtic Nations.

Don't be daft mate they didn't even arrive in Northern Europe till the middile of the first century. THAT is recent
PMEmail Poster               
Keltic 
Posted: 08-Oct-2003, 12:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (Welsh Guy @ Oct 8 2003, 03:00 PM)
Don't be daft mate they didn't even arrive in Northern Europe till the middile of the first century. THAT is recent

Book of Kells, Lindisfarne Gospels, Book of Durrow, Ardagh Chalice, Tara Brooch, Aberlemno Stone....

I guess that the British made no contributions to the culture here in Canada since they didn't settle until the 17th century, nor did the Europeans have much sway on U.S. history.

I won't lower myself to taking a shot at you (the daft comment).
PMEmail Poster               
Keltic 
Posted: 08-Oct-2003, 12:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Now to address Catriona's comments,

If the non-pagan posts are done out of interest or for clarification, there shouldn't be a problem. I find this forum interesting just for my own education. I don't necessarily agree with a lot of it but nonetheless find it interesting. I will not post a negative comment unless I see something as intolerant as Welsh Guys post. If I wasn't truly interested in seeing other views, I would stay out of this forum. I don't like ignorance whether it is from a Christian or a non-Christian.
PMEmail Poster               
Welsh Guy 
Posted: 08-Oct-2003, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Keltic @ Oct 8 2003, 09:10 PM)
I guess that the British made no contributions to the culture here in Canada since they didn't settle until the 17th century,

No, Just destroyed it
PMEmail Poster               
RavenWing 
Posted: 08-Oct-2003, 12:48 PM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

I will clarify my intentions.

I started this because there are quite a few pagans that frequent this site. There are so many sites out ther that are pagan oriented and turn out to be full of nothing but name calling, and people are down right mean.

Also, many pagans follow celtic-oriented traditions.

I like to include all faiths so that if someone has a question, and would honeslty like to know about something pertaining to various aspects of paganism, they can ask without feeling like they will be persecuted. However, this does not give anyone free reign to force their beliefs on another.

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
Catriona 
Posted: 08-Oct-2003, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Banned Member

ZodiacBirch

Dreamer1
I had absolutely no intention of singling you out when I made my comments - to be honest, I cannot remember reading anything that you may have posted. As I said, I do not post here, and only look in occasionally.

KELTIC
This site (the whole site, not just the Pagan forum) has always been quite friendly... BUT, just recently I have noticed a number of posts which seem to take exception to the views of many of the members.

This is not good and it is not kind.

I also think you misunderstood Welsh Guy's comments. He takes a little getting used to, but he can't help that, he's Welsh.... (see, even I can express prejudice). WG is one of the least prejudiced people I have had the pleasure to meet online....

Everyone:

I live my life by the Agnostics prayer

'God if there is one, save my soul if I have one'.... It has worked for me for many years. angel_not.gif

I do not like to see proselytising - I do not like to see what I perceive as a contempt for those views that do not chime with mine....... I reiterate, this board was set up at the request of some Pagan members as THEIR discussion area.....

If the Christians want a forum of their own, then I know that the owners of this site would probably agree to this..... I cannot see why visiting here and making hurtful comments re the religion(s) of the majority the posters should pass without comment. sad.gif

Right, that's me off my soap box - back to the 'owners' of this forum!
PMEmail Poster               
barddas 
Posted: 08-Oct-2003, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

Again publicly I will thank you Catriona for being the calm Voice of reason.

Thank you

Big whatever in the sky, please let there be Tennents wherever heaven/ valhalla, etc, etc, etc..... LOL! biggrin.gif beer_mug.gif

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
Keltic 
Posted: 08-Oct-2003, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (Catriona @ Oct 8 2003, 06:58 PM)
KELTIC
This site (the whole site, not just the Pagan forum) has always been quite friendly... BUT, just recently I have noticed a number of posts which seem to take exception to the views of many of the members.

This is not good and it is not kind.

I also think you misunderstood Welsh Guy's comments. He takes a little getting used to, but he can't help that, he's Welsh.... (see, even I can express prejudice). WG is one of the least prejudiced people I have had the pleasure to meet online....

Catriona:

I check out this forum to read other views and not to judge those views. If something that I say comes across as being judgmental, I apologize. With WGs comments, I was merely pointing out that Christianity played an important role in the history of the Celts just as I would have if a Christian dismissed the importance of the pre-Christian Celtic era.

About misunderstanding WGs comments.... I am just going to leave that one alone.

RavenWing:

Thank you for the forum and I hope that nothing that I have posted has been perceived as malicious or an attempt to force my views upon others.
PMEmail Poster               
ranger 
Posted: 08-Oct-2003, 11:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

I agree with you, Keltic. I believe that the one that is protesting the most tends to be quite judgemental themselves.

--------------------
"...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

'The Lord of the Rings' - Book one
PMEmail Poster               
Catriona 
Posted: 09-Oct-2003, 01:28 AM
Quote Post

Banned Member

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (ranger @ Oct 9 2003, 06:09 AM)
I agree with you, Keltic. I believe that the one that is protesting the most tends to be quite judgemental themselves.

Hello Ranger
Can I assume that you are referring to me - as I seem to be the one that is 'protesting' most about other posters on this forum?
PMEmail Poster               
ranger 
Posted: 09-Oct-2003, 01:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

You'd be right, Cat. But I'm not one to argue, so that's why I tend to stay away from alot of the forums and stay in the ones I enjoy. Everyone needs a soapbox now and then. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]