Posted: 07-Oct-2005, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Quebec

female

I was at my grandmother house.With my mom and my grandparents we were sit at the table and talking.The table is close of the bathroom , the door was close.Suddenly , the handle move and the door just slowly open.Only my grandfather and I see it becasue other were too busy to chit chat.My grandfather said : don't worry it's only a ghost , he was here a long time before us.I know they are spirit in this house , I feel it many times and have see some.I was so surprise of the reaction of my grandfather , he was so calm .
PMEmail Poster               
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 07-Oct-2005, 08:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

that's neat that he was so calm about it. Being able to live with spirits in harmony is a good thing.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
May those who love us love us
And those who don't love us
May God turn their hearts,
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 12-Oct-2005, 07:52 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Nancy,

Had you heard about the ghost(s) there before this incident? I'm glad you weren't afraid. Does your grandfather have an idea who the ghost might be?

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Nancy-Raven 
Posted: 21-Oct-2005, 07:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Quebec

female

No my grandfather have no idea and my grandmother don't talk about it.One of her daughter die , she has 2 or 3 months years old.I remember this , along time ago .I was talking to my cousin , there was a mirror behind her.I saw a kind of figure , a human form I guess in the mirror.It scare me a bit but I never see it again.I have no problem with the spirit living there as long as they are peaceful and it seem to be the case so I have no problem with that.
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 21-Oct-2005, 08:05 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Spirits are like chidren, those that demamd attention, and those that just want to play.

It is the ones that seem to want to harm or disrupte that you need to be weary of!

We live with ghosts ( spirits ) everyday, if only we are attuned to their presence.

The life force of all that has been before us continues on in this world and exists beside us daily, the plain of existence is all that has changed.

When one can see and transend that plain, all becomes clear.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
Rindy 
Posted: 21-Oct-2005, 09:03 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

I thought this story fit Ghosts.

Curse Of The Indian Skull

Do spirits of the dead really return to haunt the living when their remains are disturbed?

While there are those who consider such an idea to be superstitious nonsense, they should at least consider the story of the Eolxite Company before making up their minds.
Located in Wheatland, in the southeast corner of Wyoming, the Eloxite Company is a wholesale jewelry findings establishment, selling everything the artist or hobbyist needs to fashion such items as bracelets, rings, or bola ties. Formerly, in the front half of the building the company housed a small museum specializing in rock specimens and Indian Artifacts.
In the mid to late ?70's, the museum acquired an Indian skull from a Lincoln, Nebraska, trader who had unearthed it from the hills of western Iowa. Little was known about the individual to whom it had belonged, except that he or she had probably been a member of the tribes of the Woodland Indians who previously inhabited parts of the Midwest.
The skull was put on display for quite some time, until the company ran out of room and decided to dispose of the museum. Employees packed up the display items, boxed them, and stored them in various places. The skull was put into a box in the storeroom in the basement.
According to employee Bob Berry, that?s when strange things began to happen. ?One evening we were working downstairs and we heard a big crash? he said. ?We went into the storeroom, and the box with the skull in it was on the floor. The skull wasn?t damaged, but four or five other boxes filled with odds and ends like pots, pans and display racks were dumped out onto the floor. Puzzling over the cause of the commotion the employees replaced everything in the boxes and put them back up on the shelf where they belonged.
According to Bob Berry, it was not long afterwards that that more eerie events began to occur. ?For one thing? he said, ?we had some suitcases stacked in the back hallway at the top of a flight of stairs. My apartment was adjoing the hallway. In the middle of the night for no good reason, they all fell down the stairs. ?Bob also pointed out that no intruders could have broken in an caused the racket because both doors, at the top and bottom of the stairs were locked.
?We also had an expensive French oil painting hanging upstairs and again, for no good reason, in the middle of the , it fell off the wall and onto a coffee, mug was pierced in the center, and we had to have it repaired. ?Bob said. ?And another large print, hanging on a wall in vice president Greg Ackerman?s apartment downstairs came crashing down about two? clock in the morning?
Bob added that by this time, things were falling down all the time both day and night. ?Our apartments were in the bottom of the building and the offices were in the top, and in the middle of the night, we often heard something fall upstairs. Then we would go up there and find different kinds of things on the floor, including merchandise off the shelves.?
Another time Bob and a local doctor were waling across the hallway in the downstairs part of the building when a crowbar suddenly jumped from a shelf onto the cement floor and bounced a couple of times.
?Doc said, ?who threw that?? And I said ?I don?t know!? Bob remembered ?And then we went over and picked it up put it back where it had been.
?We began to get pretty tired of things falling down all the time and we got to thinking that maybe it had something to do with that Indian skull. So we called up a mortuary in Council Bluffs, Iowa, and they said for us to ship it to them UPS. They then reburied it for us in an Indian burial ground near Council Bluffs, Iowa. This happened I believe in 1984, and we haven?t had any trouble like that since.

Was the Indian skull responsible for the poltergeist activity at the Eloxite Company in Wheatland? And if so, why did no odd event occur until after the skull had been removed from the museum Can we infer from this fact that the spirit of its former owner did not mind the skull?s being on public display, but did strenuously object to its being boxed away and forgotten? While the answers to these questions are not readily answerable, the employees of the Eloxite Company are at least satisfied that they have removed the cause of their haunting.
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]