Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 6th Annual Peace River Celtic Festival Or, I wish you Yankees would close the door
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 12-Feb-2006, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

I attended the Peace River Celtic Festival at the Punta Gorda Florida Elks lodge today. Gates opened at noon to overcast skies, cold temperatures (remember if it's below 70 degrees Fahrenheit we Floridians think it's cold) and gusty winds from the north/northwest. The weather definitely put a damper on attendance but the entertainers and few hardy souls soldiered on (after all the show must go on). It was so cold at the entertainment venue that the pipers refused to play outside again after the opening ceremony and went inside the lodge and never came back out unsure.gif .

The Entertainment consisted of:

Marcille Wallis and Ceol Binn

David Dines, Piper and a contingent of the Lee County Pipes and Drums, Lee County Florida

Guinness, Jim and Laura Farrell, a husband wife duo from Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Canada

Matt Miller (accompanied by Marcille Wallis on Guitar), 15 year old wunderkind on the Fiddle and Mandolin . Some of Matt's accomplishments as a young musician are: First-Place finish in the Youth Division of the Old-Time Fiddler's Convention held in Dothan, Alabama, First in the Junior Fiddle Division of the Gulf Coast Bluegrass Music Association and First-Place in the Youth Division of the 2004 Florida State Championships

Brendan Nolan See my comments on Mr. Nolan here Celtic Music/Brendan Nolan There is quite a selection of songs from Brendan here on Highlander Radio.

The Vendor Area music was provided by Heart Strings, a duo from Palm Beach County Florida consisting of Marg Chauvin on harp and Bill Messer on Guitar.

I had a good time though I think I have frostbite angel_not.gif (ok, it isn't frostbite but it was still to darn cold).

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Š Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]