> My Pet Peeves, What drives you crazy?
CelticRoz 
Posted: 05-Sep-2006, 12:15 AM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

My big beef? I cannot absolutely deal with the cell phone people! I have a cell phone, but it does not rule my life! I go to my hairdresser and she feels the need to text message and chat with folks while I am there!! Really aggravates me cause I am paying for her time for me!

I hear that the most serious offense now in our state is text messagaging as opposed to drunk driving...how sad is that? Just makes me furious! I go into Wal-mart, the grocery store, or whereever and all these women are chatting on their cell phones. I listen to their conversations and have to think...can you not wait till you get home to talk about this crap?! I just want to holler at these women to 'get a life."! What the heck is going on? I have my cell phone for emergencies or if someone cannot contact me otherwise. This is really an atrocity and a huge problem in our country.

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
teashoci 
Posted: 05-Sep-2006, 06:58 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacRowan

Realm: glasgow

male

i despise cell phones so much i refuse to use them, I do not like the idea of people being able to contact me 24-7.
I also think using them on public transport and pubs etc, is completely anti social ( more so than smoking )
I also cannot stand tv presenters , right wing orientated politics and ill have to think of some moreto put up.
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 06-Sep-2006, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

little old people who really shouldn't be driving because a) they can't see over the dash cool.gif insist on going under the speed limit in the "fast lane" c) just basically bad drivers.....

cell phones period!!

it's also a canadian rural thing with the car/truck stopping on the road to catch up with the neighbours!!

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 06-Sep-2006, 12:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

I can't stand people who stop in narrow places like doorways of offices (when others have to get through) to chat -- it's like sticky platelets in an artery. I think it may be evolutinary -- the narrow place feels more protected somehow.

OR eejits who stop dead at the top of an escalator because they are on their cell phones and are too distracted to step off!!!! I just shove 'em and say SCUSE ME!! as I walk away.
PMEmail Poster               
mamamac 
Posted: 06-Sep-2006, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacVine

Realm: Arizona

female

CELL PHONES!!!!!!!! Ringing, ringing, anywhere and everywhere!!!!!!!! ARRRGGGHHHH!!

Outlaw the things, especially for teenage girls and anyone driving a car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No turn signals!! You paid for 'em, use 'em!!!

People with overly jacked up pickup trucks who are compensating for a lack of something else!! I don't like their fog lights in my rear view mirror!!!

Ok, I feel better now!! tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 13-Sep-2006, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

mine is when you are talking on the phone and someone comes up and starts tapping you on the shoulder or trying to talk to you when you are on the phone. Usually, when I get calls at home they are impostant, but it never seems to fail that my kids or someone waits til that minuite to tell me something...drives me insane!
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
ballydun 
Posted: 13-Sep-2006, 02:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

I think kids have an instinct that tells them that you are on the phone so it is the perfect time to get in trouble, hit their sister etc. or have something important to tell you. It never fails!

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 13-Sep-2006, 02:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

rofl, ...what is bad is when the adults do it too bash.gif
ballydun 
Posted: 13-Sep-2006, 03:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

Yup, That's just wrong.

Oh, people who read over your shoulder, be it a book magazine or even email. How rude!!
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 13-Sep-2006, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

I agree with you on that one!

How about visitors who put there feet up on your furniture...I know a person who puts there feet up on my furniture all the time, and I wouldn't get so bothered by it if they didn't have mudy shoes or dirt clumps stuck to the bottom of them...lol
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 13-Sep-2006, 08:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

My kids have the annoying hait of showing up at home about half an hour before the stores close and tell me they ned to go shopping for stuff for tomorrow. It's either then or right before I go to sleep they need something found or done..

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 13-Sep-2006, 08:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Roberto Phoenix @ 13-Sep-2006, 09:14 PM)
My kids have the annoying hait of showing up at home about half an hour before the stores close and tell me they ned to go shopping for stuff for tomorrow.  It's either then or right before I go to sleep they need something found or done..

arrrhhh -- it's an evil ploy to make you say "Hell with it -- take my car keys and get it y'self." I don't care if they ARE still only six years old -- it starts early. dry.gif

I'm am awful person. I know what this is going to sound like, and it's awful -- but I hate it when people go to a buffet type event, load up their plates, and then stand right in front of the table to chat with friends and eat. Oh MAN! -- somebody gets between me and free food, I'd like to knock 'em down and pour the swedish meatballs over 'em and call the wolfhounds. mad1.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 14-Sep-2006, 05:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 13-Sep-2006, 09:35 PM)

I'm am awful person. I know what this is going to sound like, and it's awful -- but I hate it when people go to a buffet type event, load up their plates, and then stand right in front of the table to chat with friends and eat. Oh MAN! -- somebody gets between me and free food, I'd like to knock 'em down and pour the swedish meatballs over 'em and call the wolfhounds. mad1.gif

laugh.gif rofl...I had to laugh at that one....laugh.gif
sisterknight 
Posted: 14-Sep-2006, 08:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

how about people who go to buffets and load their plates and don't eat it all then go back for more plates and do the same again!!! disgust.gif giljotiini.gif
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 14-Sep-2006, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
42,389 Gold!

QUOTE (Roberto Phoenix @ 13-Sep-2006, 10:14 PM)
My kids have the annoying hait of showing up at home about half an hour before the stores close and tell me they ned to go shopping for stuff for tomorrow. It's either then or right before I go to sleep they need something found or done..

Ahh, the memories. lol.gif

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]