Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,451 Gold!

I'd like to welcome everyone to the Jester's Court forum. This special forum has been setup to offer a place for free wheeling discussion. It really is focused on the lighter side of life, so drop all seriousness at the door!

So what is a Jester, a little history my guys and gals:

An officer formerly attached to a king's household, whose business it was to amuse the court by ludicrous actions and utterances, the absurdity being attested by his motley costume. The king himself being attired with dignity, it took the world some centuries to discover that his own conduct and decrees were sufficiently ridiculous for the amusement not only of his court but of all mankind. The jester was commonly called a fool, but the poets and romancers have ever delighted to represent him as a singularly wise and witty person. In the circus of to-day the melancholy ghost of the court fool effects the dejection of humbler audiences with the same jests wherewith in life he gloomed the marble hall, panged the patrician sense of humor and tapped the tank of royal tears.

So, as you can see, there is a place for the 'Jesters Court' on CelticRadio.net. Enjoy and by all means have some fun!

goof.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
alaser 
  Posted: 18-Mar-2006, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Chicago, IL

male

I am convinced of the need for humor in all walks of life. I am a therapist working with young kids and teenagers, as well as adults. Humor gives a broader, 'out of the box' perspective. I am also a Christian and, like Christ, realize the need for humor to get certain points across...Straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel; picking out specks from other eyes with a log in your own...That's the way to go.
God Speed! angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
mydogisaleprechaun 
  Posted: 25-Mar-2007, 01:12 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

Realm: sunny southern california!

female

There is almost nothing better in the world then a good laugh! maybe a good brew, but usually they come hand in hand! Oh, and secondly, to all the british people- yes! MANY americans are if fact too stupid or slow to get your humor! I however would rather a dry, subtly smirk than a fart joke any day!!!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
ronnad 
Posted: 11-Nov-2007, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

that's only if they were raised by home-grown americans. Just lucky I guess biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 24-Apr-2008, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

As for the humor. Three elderly gentlemen were setting on a park bench across the street from a building where a flower show was being held. One said to the rest,"you know, when I was younger I would have taken off my clothes and "streaked" through that building. His companions dared him to do it anyway as age should not make a difference. He went behind some bushes removed and slowly jogged across the street and entered the door. His companions heard screams, shrieks and shouts and after some time he made his way back put on his clothes and sat down. His friends demanded to know what happened. He held up a blue ribbon and said they gave me first prize for best "dried arrangement'".

Slàinte,           

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
jmparrish 
Posted: 09-Feb-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacAlder

female

A neat history, indeed, Macfive. This is one of my favorite forums to visit thus far, a good joke is always welcome smile.gif Speaking of which, I'll share one of my favorites!
Three nuns were driving in a car when a vampire leapt onto the hood. Immediately, the nun driving said, "Quick, sister, show him your cross." The nun riding shot gun opened her window, flipped the bird, and yelled "Get off the f***ing hood!"
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]