mydogisaleprechaun 
Posted: 02-Apr-2007, 02:49 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: sunny southern california!

female

I personally believe that all children should be put on leashes! Sure some of them are cute; i'll admit it...but i don't respond kindly to being trampled!
They should at least be banned from coffee shops! (what parent in their right mind gives a 6 year old coffee anyways...i need sanctuary somewhere from these little hellions!)
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Sekhmet 
Posted: 02-Apr-2007, 01:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

As a matter of curiosity, do you have children of your own?
Shadows 
Posted: 02-Apr-2007, 03:18 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Humm I wonder if the adults that you were around when you were younger suggested this to your parents????

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
JaneyMae 
Posted: 04-Apr-2007, 08:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

I couldn't agree more!! I love kids, teach them when my health allows, but hate having to ask them if their parents had any children who lived! I also hate being propelled into using my teacher frown and telling them to find their parents before I do. biggrin.gif

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
RebeccaAnn 
Posted: 21-Apr-2007, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Southren Illinois

female

When our children were small, we almost always kept them on a leash. Some people got upset and said how dare we treat our children as animals by keeping them on a leash. But many parents with young children asked us where they could get a child harness or leash for their little one. I can't run after my children. So as they were learning about not wondering too far and roads and other dangers the only way I had to keep them safe was to put a harness or leash on them. They could go so far and no more. In fact it got to the place when each child was at that stage if they wanted to go out or knew we were going out they would bring me their harness. The only one of our children that rarely wore a harness was Jean-Thomas. He never wondered as most children do. He wore his harness only if we went in the lake. I once asked him why and he told me so when the big wave comes I won't get lost under it.
RebeccaAnn
PMEmail Poster               
pflanary 
Posted: 12-Jun-2007, 09:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Southwest VA (Lee Co.

female

I used to think that leashes on children were cruel and demeaning but I came to see that it really is a safety measure, especially for toddlers. What convinced me first was watching the pre-school teacher at the school for the deaf where I used to work trying to keep control over 5 or 6 kids who couldn't hear her call and in some cases wouldn't have paid any attention if they could have heard her. But even with hearing kids leashes eliminate the "I just took my eyes off of her for a second." tragedies.

--------------------
God then made man. The Italians for their beauty. The French for their cuisine. The Welsh for their voices. The Germans for their cars. And on and on until He looked at what He had created and said, "This is all very well, but no-one is having fun. I'll have to make an Irishman."
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
Posted: 15-Jun-2007, 06:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

The first time I saw a leash used on kids was when my oldest brother and his wife had their twin boys. It was the only way Sybil could take the two toddlers anyway and still keep track of them. I still wish more parents would follow suit - especially when I see some little tyke running to keep up with his mom in the Walmart parking lot. I guess she thinks she's young and can make more when that one gets run over. Tragic!
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 16-Jun-2007, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I've got three kids. Two in their teens and one in his early twenties. Some days they still act as if they should be tied down for good! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
Posted: 29-Jun-2007, 09:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

lol.gif True that!
Leyland 
Posted: 31-Aug-2007, 04:54 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

Realm: SC Foothills

female

Makes me wonder what Brian May really had in mind when he wrote "Tie Your Mother Down". Perhaps he was leashed as a tot?

Actually, if you compare the visibility issues involved with the huge modern SUV's, pickup trucks and Hummers to the old family station wagons and sedans as people are backing up in parking lots, and then knowing how quickly a child can dart behind a moving vehicle, perhaps leashes or similar should be mandatory.

As I walked toward a grocery store entrance one afternoon, a woman in a humongous truck asked me to tell her if anyone was behind her before she backed out. That's scary.

--------------------
Have a Corona and a smile!
PMEmail Poster               
RebeccaAnn 
Posted: 31-Aug-2007, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Southren Illinois

female

There should be harnesses or leashes for all small children. I would go for a leash law for children. They can get away from you and into danger so quickly. We always had a harness for our children when they were small. Now someone would most likely get you for child abuse. You are treating that child like an animal. Hey! You don't have little ones. I would rather them be safe and on a leash I can keep them from disappearing, running into the street, or getting too close to the water or other dangers. Wish sometimes I could put a leash on my 9 year old or maybe put her in cage to keep her out of trouble. We should have cages for teens and pre-teens.
Harnesses for little ones are the best things to have, problem is in most places they are hard to come by.
PMEmail Poster               
Donajhi 
Posted: 31-Aug-2007, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Fae Hillfort

female

Wow, I don't want to stick my foot in that puddle.

--------------------
CHECK MY SITE: BEYOND THE VEIL http://www.gmadventures.com

"I DID NOT, IT WAS THE FAIRY FOLK!"

Scottish by the grace of God

Fairy Day countdown banner

DIOGENES HAS PASSED ME THE LANTERN, STILL LOOKING.....
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
JaneyMae 
Posted: 08-Oct-2007, 01:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

At least the leacshes for kids now are a little more like some designer deal Not like the ones my sis used on her twin boys. Cages for teenagers would be so cool - let them out when they are about 25 lol.gif lol.gif
Leyland 
Posted: 11-Oct-2007, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

Realm: SC Foothills

female

QUOTE (JaneyMae @ 08-Oct-2007, 02:25 PM)
At least the leacshes for kids now are a little more like some designer deal Not like the ones my sis used on her twin boys. Cages for teenagers would be so cool - let them out when they are about 25 lol.gif lol.gif

I think some wealthier folks used to send their kids away to boarding or military school. Kinda like an off-site cage? After boarding school, then college and grad school - that all lasts til around 25, right?
PMEmail Poster               
shiny 
Posted: 04-Jun-2009, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

female

I think that only way that kids, little or otherwise, will grow up healthy, and nice, is for the love and protection that comes from a mother, father, or both. NOT a leather or rope leash or metal cage. Home school is also at least 60% better for the individual child then public school. I understand the need some mothers feel for protection of there child, but the easy, and child loving answer in my mind is, don't have more kids then you can handle.
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]