Title:

Group:
Celtic Nation

Zodiac:
Birch

Birthday: 27-Dec-1958
Total Posts: 16
Realm: USA

reading, smocking, quilting, baking, sewing, studying science, listening to worthwhile music, learning

Use one of the links below to send me a personal message!

Listen to the best in Celtic Music @ 128kps on Highlander Radio!
Listen to soft streaming Celtic music from Highlander Radio!
A rowdy mix of hard rocking Celtic music from the Pubs of America, Canada, Ireland and Scotland.
Listen to Celtic Dance - Put on your Ghillies and clear the floor, it is now time for Jigs & Feels!

Journal Entries

Add Entry   

Just beginning to learn
Posted by Ladybug1258 on Jun 29th, 2004 8:40 AM
I recently enrolled in a community college to study Biotechnology and I'm very excited to get started, though apprehensive of being in a classroom filled with much brighter people than myself. It's intimidating to know there are so many very smart kids between the ages of 17 and 25 that could run rings around me academically! But I've always wanted to go to college, but blew my opportunity at an early age to be with a guy. That didn't work out too well as he was emotionally and verbally abusive for a couple of decades. (Ending up with him is a long, painful story best left for another post.) I couldn't afford to leave since there was nowhere to go. It's been a difficult decision to go back to school now because of the cost, but it must be done as soon as possible before I no longer have the luxury of time. So here I am, with a new school parking sticker on the bumper of my car, textbooks stacked in my windowsill, notebooks, and filler paper everywhere, and plenty of fine point pens. Wait for school to start and see what I can do next. At 45, it's like being reborn and getting a second chance to do something right this time 'round.

Comments: 0 View/Add Comments

Clickable Smilies
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 

Please Add your Entry

Title:

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!