Group:
Administrator

Zodiac:
Oak

Birthday: 4-Jul-1976
Total Posts: 9745
Realm: Toronto, CAN

Running the Celtic Radio Music Network

Use one of the links below to send me a personal message!

Listen to the best in Celtic Music @ 128kps on Highlander Radio!
Listen to soft streaming Celtic music from Highlander Radio!
A rowdy mix of hard rocking Celtic music from the Pubs of America, Canada, Ireland and Scotland.
Listen to Celtic Dance - Put on your Ghillies and clear the floor, it is now time for Jigs & Feels!

Journal Entries
Pages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Add Entry   

Music on Profile
Posted by CelticRadio on Jun 24th, 2023 2:28 PM
A long, long time ago on Celtic Radio we had this very cool feature of being able to have a Celtic song on your profile page. Of course, back in the day everyone put music on their pages and to be quite honest with you it got a little annoying in those early internet days. Especially if that page blasted some electric guitars full blast and your coffee went a splashing!

Perhaps that's why the removed it from browsers at some point. And I am speaking about MIDI files - they were short, sweet and sounded good.

Zoom ahead 2023 and we have converted all of our MIDI library of Celtic music to MP3 and added new code that we were not aware of that provided automatically a beautiful little player.

Here is the example of the code using the audio tag:

CODE

<audio loop autoplay controls>
 <source src="https://www.celticradio.net/celtichearts/php/sounds/midi/mp3/{$info['song']}.mp3" type="audio/mpeg" loop autoplay >
Your browser does not support the audio element.
</audio>

In a way this is a retro feature that you don't see much often, and retro is big now a days.

I guess Celtic Radio is Retro because we have been around since 2001. And we continue to use the same software from those days, but updated for the modern days.

More to come on Retro - especially with our forums and downloads - but that will be a post for another day.

Comments: 0 View/Add Comments

Spring Time is here!
Posted by CelticRadio on Apr 18th, 2015 9:13 AM
It's been such a long winter this year, but today we are expecting temps in the 70s. Time to get outside and enjoy that good weather. Hope everyone else is too!

wink.gif

Prayers for Boston
Posted by CelticRadio on Apr 18th, 2013 12:15 PM
April 15th, 2013 - Boston Marathon bombing. Pray for the victims and their families.

Comments: 7 View/Add Comments

Defender of the Crown
Posted by CelticRadio on Jul 16th, 2012 6:08 PM
Defender of the Crown is a strategy computer game designed by Kellyn Beck. It was Cinemaware's first game, and was originally released for the Commodore Amiga in 1986, setting a new standard for graphic quality in home computer games.

The game is set in England in the Middle Ages where, following the death of the king, different factions are fighting for territorial control.

The player assumes the role of a Saxon (Wilfred of Ivanhoe, Cedric of Rotherwood, Geoffrey Longsword or Wolfric the Wild) and tries to fight off the Norman hordes and wrestle for control of England. Eventually, the player must fight for control of all territories, and those controlled by other Saxons if they became your enemy. The player must amass armies and fight for control of opponents' castles. The player may engage enemy armies in battle, loot or lay siege to opposing castles. Territories can also be won in the periodic jousting contests. From time to time the player may attempt to rescue a damsel in distress and can appeal for help from the legendary bandit Robin Hood.

Makes me want to take out my Amiga and give it a try again!

Journey Enhancements
Posted by Macfive on Feb 12th, 2007 9:12 PM
We added a few new journey enhancements today. These are mostly visual, such as larger cues for adding new entries and in confirming entries. Before, it was a little confusin - we hope now it is clearer. Give it a try! biggrin.gif

Clickable Smilies
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 

Please Add your Entry

Title:

My Signature:

Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!