Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Introduce Yourself!, New to the Wales Forum? Welcome!
gwenynen 
Posted: 06-Dec-2005, 08:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

female

Croeso eto, Michael. I'm so glad you made it. smile.gif This is a wonderful forum, with a great arrangement and friendly members. You'll find out for yourself soon. How's your Welsh learning going? I'm still searching for a good material. Most of us here are learning on our own so we can understand the difficuilties. We share tips as well as joys and sorrows. smile.gif

Ble mae pawb? Give Michael a warm welcome!

--------------------
Weithiau, mae'r ateb i'n problemau o dan ein trwynau, dim ond bod angen i ni gymryd cam yn ôl ac edrych eto. - Stuart Kerner
PMEmail Poster                
Antwn 
Posted: 06-Dec-2005, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

Hello and welcome. Always good to have a new member and Welsh learner, and you're not the only Aussie here though Austaff hasn't been around as often lately.

As Gwen said, this is a great place to learn and exchange ideas and people here are quite friendly and remarkably diverse. Only one of the regs here is actually in Wales. The rest of us are self studying distance learners for want of a better title.

You've come to the right place, we're happy to support and learn from you. Let us know what resources you're using and/or what you're looking for in resources.

Welcome, once again - good to have you here.

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
austaff 
Posted: 06-Dec-2005, 08:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

male

Hi Michael

Croeso to the forum we all hope that you will stay and join in with us on the other forums

I too live in Australia but on the other side to you Queenslander. I was also born in Wales South Wales, I have been learning welsh for a year now and am slowly begining to understand whats being written and said but it will be a long time before I am fluent. As with the others we are learning through web pages etc.

Gwen is our Bard as she had a mention for the story she sent to the Japan eisteddfod.

Siarls is our mentor but he seems to have gone missing at ther mo probably in the middle of exams in uni

look forward to hearing more from you

--------------------
A fo ben bid bont
PMEmail Poster               
gwenynen 
Posted: 06-Dec-2005, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

Awstaff, I'm no bard at all! I got a mention because mine was the only entry from overseas, I'm sure. I thought you and Michael could get together to practice... Wel, at least you are in the same country! smile.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Mihangel 
Posted: 06-Dec-2005, 09:41 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacWillow

male

Hi Gwenynen and Austaff
As Austaff will testify Oz is a big country and Austaff is further from me than I am from Singapore. But at least we are in the same country but as for time zones; now that is different matter and one of great debate in my state!. However I am glad to be here and I happy to converse with anybody.

I would like (don’t have time today) to write (try) my messages in Welsh but I believe the convention here is to translate into English as well which is OK.

As for my background I am a little bit of a puzzle as the intention of my parents was for me to be born in Wales but as circumstance had it (couldn't wait) I was born on the other side of the border but basically without that aberration I come from a village called “Cwm” which is near Ebbw Vale. Is that close to where you come from Austaff?

So I am English and Welsh and if you go back two generations Irish also!

As for my learning of Welsh; it is progressing well I think. I am about half way through both the original catchphrase course and The Lloyds on the BBC and nearly finished a basic course I am doing with Rosetta Stone software. I listen to the spoken word via the BBC especially the news as much as possible and I am also reading as best I can the book Cysgod yn y Coed and I am making progress which is exciting.

Now I am very interested in the Eisteddfod in Japan and your contribution Gwenynen!

--------------------
If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head.
if you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart

Nelson Mandela
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 07-Dec-2005, 08:49 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi and Welcome to this wonderful place.. I hope you like the music as well as the great people that are on here..

I look forward to your postings..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
austaff 
Posted: 07-Dec-2005, 06:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

Gwen wear the crown with pride you have achieved so much biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
gwenynen 
Posted: 07-Dec-2005, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

Diolch, Austaff.

Michael, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Cysgod yn y Coed. I think it's one of the best novels for learners. Tell us which story you like best when you're done.

They haven't updated the website for St. David's Society in Japan since last year! I got all the info about the eisteddfod by e-mail. I posted my composition in the Beginner's Welsh thread (in Welsh section.) There're mistakes, though!
PMEmail Poster                
Siarls 
Posted: 08-Dec-2005, 07:48 AM
Quote Post

Student of Modern Celtic Languages
Group Icon

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: The Lliw Valley, South Wales

male

Croeso croeso croeso, Mihangel.

I wish I could've been here sooner to welcome you and give you a bigger welcome but I'm short of time and have to read all the new posts! So welcome here and I'll speak to you soon!

Hwyl am y tro smile.gif

--------------------
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i´m gwlad
Tra môr yn fur
I'r bur hoff bau
O bydded i´r heniaith barhau
PMEmail Poster               
fruitbat1 
Posted: 12-Jan-2006, 09:43 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Isle of Man

male

I lived in N.Wales in the 70s in the Clwyd Valley,now resident in the IoM,my parents still live in Ruthin and have many friends there (I have always felt that I was a Celt because although born in London I have had my happiest times in the Celtic Nations and because there is Scots blood on Mums side of the family) smile.gif

--------------------
Manx National Anthem
O Halloo nyn Ghooie---------------Land of Our Birth

O Halloo nyn ghooie----------------Land of our birth
O'Chliegeen ny's bwaaie-----------O gem of God's earth
Ry gheddyn er ooir aalin Yee----O Island so strong and so fair
Ta'dt Ardstoyl Reill -Thie-----------Built firm as Barrule
Myr Baarool er ny hoie-------------Thy throne of Home Rule
Dy reayll shin ayns seyrsneys-----Make us free as thy sweet
as shee-------------------------------mountain air
PMEmail Poster               
gwenynen 
Posted: 13-Jan-2006, 08:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

Helo fruitbat1! Do you have any interest in learning Welsh or Welsh culture? Please come to the Welsh section too.
PMEmail Poster                
Antwn 
Posted: 14-Jan-2006, 10:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

I agree with Gwen, please come to the Welsh section too if you have any interest in learning Welsh. Do you currently speak a Celtic language?
PMEmail Poster               
idontmakesense 
Posted: 10-Jul-2007, 07:04 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Lloegr

male

Shwmae o Loegr. I'm Chris, a very proud Taff, hi to all Gogs tongue.gif

I'm originally from South Wales but now live in England, oddly enough, theres loads of us Taffs here, including some fellow Taffies across the road smile.gif

I support a great football team, Glasgow Celtic, any fellow Bhoys here?

I hate introductions, so I'll post some more later, diolch yn fawr, hywl 4 nawr!

PMEmail Poster               
Leyland 
Posted: 26-Nov-2007, 12:52 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

Realm: SC Foothills

female

Hello! I'm a Southern American with nearly all my ancestors coming across the water from England, Scotland and Wales. My maiden name is Edwards and is courtesy of a Welsh immigrant ancestor. I've also got Evans, Middleton, and Griffiths ancestors in the 18thC and early 19thC from Welsh populated areas of SC to name a few more.

I've really enjoyed watching the Cardiff area since getting hooked on Series 1 of Torchwood. Must be some Welsh traces of DNA saying "Hey, there's a familiar place" although very modernized now! But I hope to visit Wales for its history as well one day.

--------------------
Have a Corona and a smile!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]