Posted: 03-Feb-2004, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

Keltic,
I also should have said thank you for posting that link, the article was ....ummm.... Interesting to say the least. I do appreaciate you bringing this up though. Sorry if I upset anyone.

hug.gif to all

angel.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 03-Feb-2004, 01:16 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

QUOTE (Elspeth @ Jan 31 2004, 06:06 AM)
I guess I'm wondering why one place says 12 and another 13. Plus, I'm bummed to not be a tree. sad.gif

There are 13 signs in the Celtic Zodiac, I believe that if you check out "The Grove" thread in the Special Interest Forum or "The Book Stop" Forum you might get some answers.

angel.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 09-Feb-2004, 10:28 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

I was not aware of this Thread when I posted What Tree Did You Fall From in Celtic Hearts. If I had I would have posted it here. sad.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
Dedalus 
  Posted: 12-May-2004, 11:32 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacElder

male

Thanks, Irish Stepper, for this link smile.gif professional website, interesting - and in my case (Ivy) - pretty true... not that I put much believe in zodiacs, but since this matches any things it could be helpful angel_not.gif

--------------------
We Irish are too poetical to be poets; we are a nation of brilliant failures, but we are the greatest talkers since the Greeks. Oscar Wilde

I fear those big words, Stephen said, which make us so unhappy... James Joyce

God made food, the devil the cooks. James Joyce
PMEmail Poster               
Dedalus 
  Posted: 12-May-2004, 11:40 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacElder

male

I didn't know that Morgan LaFey is considered goddess(my brother's a Willow and was surprised to hear that She's his deity symbol). Question: what is that about class connected with every sign? is that the class of sign in society or what? Do you know? tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Dedalus 
  Posted: 12-May-2004, 11:52 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacElder

male

And, if anybody from Poland's here, I recommend reading "Mitologia Celtów" by Jerzy Gąssowski (Warsaw 1979). Interesting, maybe not about Zodiac, but the development of Celtic mythology smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 17-May-2004, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,231 Gold!

We are going to be implement the 'Celtic Zodiac' in both our member profiles and posting information. A small link will appear in each that indicates your Celtic Zodiac sign with a link to the description of the sign.

You can access the Celtic Zodiac Index from the community menu at this time. We should have forum integration of this feature in a few days.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
barddas 
Posted: 18-May-2004, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

You're so good to, us, Paul. smile.gif

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
MelissaDawn7 
Posted: 27-May-2014, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacOak

female

I don't believe in zodiacs or astrology either, but they are just a fun thing to read. I am an Oak. Here's a website that has the tree zodiacs. http://www.whats-your-sign.com/celtic-tree...-astrology.html
PMEmail Poster               
Symm 
Posted: 29-Aug-2015, 09:19 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

male

Well, I was reading mine, Rowan, and let me tell you this.

Reading this paragraph:

In general, Rowan individuals are basically idealistic and progressive thinkers possessed of visionary minds, coupled with strong humanitarian and spiritual principles. They thrive on change, becoming impatient with convention or restriction. Artistic, original and unconventional, Rowan people can appear to others as detached and aloof for they are self-contained individuals and their vision is not necessarily always shared by the rest of humanity. Their cool temperament disguises many passionate beliefs and the need is always present for these individuals to argue their case against bigotry and ignorance. If Rowans are unable to find an outlet for their powerful imagination, they easily become restless and quarrelsome. Being true individuals who hate conformity, Rowans are natural born leaders but, because they often adopt unpopular causes, sometimes have very few followers. They are kind and thoughful people but have problems in following others, which can lead to serious authority issues. Rowan people make for excellent listeners and are very respectful of others' opinions. Since they are somewhat unconventional characters in their approach to life, however, they have a tendency to be a little tactless and may alienate people. Rowans are also liable to antagonize through debate and escalate a situation out of proportion. In terms of a career, the Rowan individual is naturally drawn toward modern technology and possesses an overwhelming desire to reorganize and improve on anything which might be outdated.

------------------------------------------------------

Was like reading about me almost exactly.

Just figured i would share that, and this. I would say it is about 90% accurate in my case. The bit about a cool nature, is a bit off. I am a bit more hot headed with certain individuals, but otherwise i would call it 75% accurate on being cool natured.

Like everyone else here, it is just a fun thing to think about, but then again for me, i have always been occult focused since I was a wee lad. One could say we put out a Christian impression, but were more paganistic in reality growing up. Chivalry was a real thing in the household, and you can bet that i read about Arturian legends. The dark ages were just that, shaded from our historical eyes. Who knows what we knew then that we don't know now.

So i don't believe in everything i read, and i don't think there is a GOD, but there definitely is life out there older than us, and i do think there is a bit more at play in the universe than just the laws of physics, quantum physics, and whatever else that we manage to figure out in the near future.

Anyways. Celtic Zodiac might not be real, but mine pretty much hits me right on the head.

~Love and Peace~

Sy Moireibh MacAoidh : Symm

--------------------
~Love and Peace~

~Sy Moireibh MacAoidh~

,,,,..... Greedo shot first.
PMEmail Poster               
MacFive 
Posted: 22-Oct-2015, 07:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #105
194,321 Gold!

It's amazing how these things turn out to be so true. Makes you really wonder if there is more to it and perhaps those ancient druids or Celtic peoples maybe had figured something out that is staring us blind in the eye.

Well here is my story. My wife and I are both Ash Tree. We actually have a beautiful Ash tree in our back yard. It's a little scary as the wood is so heavy and we do need to get it trimmed soon.

If you read about the Ash Tree you will find that it is related to the Ocean and to Waters. The Celts believed it originated from the deep seas, to the Greeks it was the sacred wood of the Sea God Poseidon.

So a few winters back a tremendous branch broke off during a winter storm and hit our pool with such force that it dented it 3 feet down which is a powerful force considering the metal of a pool and coming straight down. Water poured out of the pool surreal with the winter landscape. It was considered a freak winter storm, hard to hit and left a good foot of blue tinged snow.

Our small children stared in disbelief at their summer retreat destroyed in an instant and water flowing all over the yard.

It was not until the spring that we actually started to take down the pool to replace that we noticed the rivets at that the main seem were all rotted and the metal too brittle. The pool itself was not that old but yet if that Ash tree had not shed its wood, it is possible that the pool's seem may have come apart during the kids whirl pool antics and God knows what would have happened.

So our protector, our Ash tree stands tall and mighty in our yard looking after us day and night.....

Coming from New England we grew up with tales of the Ash Tree. Apparently King George had arrows placed on every Ash tree in New England to signify they were his to take and only his....well that is another story! biggrin.gif

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Shadows 
Posted: 23-Oct-2015, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Ash wood wet, ash wood dry, a king shall dry his slippers by.

Saying from old English rhymes.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]