Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Gaelic Traditional Songs And Choir Music, What would ye guys think about that?
Faileas 
Posted: 03-Jun-2003, 09:13 AM
Quote Post

Guardian of Scotland :-)
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Isle of Skye

female

Hei , my fellow boarders and listeners! What would ye think about more Gaelic choirs and traditional Gaelic singers being played and featured on this lovely station? I am talking about people like Arthur Cormack, Karen Mattheson (on her own) , Isebail NicAskill and Katie Ann Mc Phee, and of course Ann Martin. Donnie Murdo Mc Leod is already on here great. But there could be more? And I d love to see stuff of the Gaelic Glasgow Islay choir and any other Gaelic choirs really. Songs that are sung there is stuff like Tuireadh Iain Ruaidh, Sine Bhan, Cairistiona Chaimbeull and Horo i o gun hugann fhathast. Or anything in that category, not to mention the more modern songs in their choir variations hehe dry.gif Saying that Inverness Gaelic choir has sung in front of her majesty Queen Elisabeth in Edinburgh at the Scottish Parliament. I am most pleased by that!! biggrin.gif But back to topic, what do ye think of that?

And Paul, of course eh? What do ye think about putting more of that kind of music on the playlist? I can help ye find stuff if yer stuck for material, although theres plenty on the web. A good cd to get mebbe would be Gaelic Woman??
lovely cd, lovely songs, lovely voices, lovely producer errrrrrr loool At least, could ye listen into that one and mebbe put "Canan nan Gaidheal" on the Songlist???? Pleeeeeeeas smile.gif

--------------------
Scottish in Heart :-))

In the darkest heart the pride of man will walk allone

's ged tha mi fada bhuat cha dhealaich sinn a chaoidh

Darkover RPG
PMEmail Poster               
tartangal 
Posted: 03-Jun-2003, 09:44 AM
Quote Post

QUEEN OF SCOTLAND
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Glasgow, Scotland

female

I haven't heard of many of them (shame on me!!) but I would love to hear some Gaelic choral music. It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. Karen Mathieson has the most beautiful voice. smile.gif

--------------------
Jules

As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.
Leonardo da Vinci (1452 - 1519)
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 03-Jun-2003, 09:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
238,314 Gold!

I love these suggestion for music content and by all means we can get them on the broadcast. I was actually just thinking about music and all of the CD?s we have received over the past months. Unfortunately with my efforts mainly on building the site it might be a matter of months before I can concentrate on the music side. Right now we are just running through the songs using a logic program. I had some success late last year in writing directly to artists for their most recent CD. The other thing to consider is that I must receive an original CD. I can not accept copies of songs unless the artist has them available for download. I?ll admit, the programming of the station needs a lot of work and we need more songs and create some station trailers too. In lui of donations (like what we are doing for the 24k stream) I can accept CD?s as donations and then put them on the broadcast. Also, with the fund raising drive a huge success (We had raised $140 as of this a.m.) I am thinking on having a link somewhere for a permanent donation page. We could use those funds to purchase music CD?s (used) from amazon.com for a few dollars each.

But I think the best way to get new music is to write directly to the artist. I want you all to know that I do not have a problem with a listener or a forum board member approaching an artist (in person or email) and recommending that they submit their CD to us. I will have a musician page up in a few weeks that they could be directed too.

As it stands now, most of my efforts will be developing the site and preparing for bigger things ahead. I also have a back log of CD?s that I need to post in the celtic music form. Some great new music I have to tell you and I will try to get all of the groups up in the next few weeks.

So we will definitely keep your suggestions when looking for new music, hopefully sooner than later!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 03-Jun-2003, 10:18 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

Is it the Islay Gaelic Choir I found the LP of? Well I think so. There are wopnderful solists in the this choir and the overall impression was breathtaking!

I learned classical singing until I was 16 and had some soli in my choir, but my voice isn't anywhere near those ppl!

(went out for singing practice after 4 years of letting my voice slaggin around and I was shocked! blink.gif )

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
boduncan
Posted: 05-Sep-2003, 02:06 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

QUOTE (FloweroftheWest @ Jun 3 2003, 11:13 AM)
Hei , my fellow boarders and listeners! What would ye think about more Gaelic choirs and traditional Gaelic singers being played and featured on this lovely station? I am talking about people like Arthur Cormack, Karen Mattheson (on her own) , Isebail NicAskill and Katie Ann Mc Phee, and of course Ann Martin. Donnie Murdo Mc Leod is already on here great. But there could be more? And I d love to see stuff of the Gaelic Glasgow Islay choir and any other Gaelic choirs really. Songs that are sung there is stuff like Tuireadh Iain Ruaidh, Sine Bhan, Cairistiona Chaimbeull and Horo i o gun hugann fhathast. Or anything in that category, not to mention the more modern songs in their choir variations hehe dry.gif Saying that Inverness Gaelic choir has sung in front of her majesty Queen Elisabeth in Edinburgh at the Scottish Parliament. I am most pleased by that!! biggrin.gif But back to topic, what do ye think of that?

And Paul, of course eh? What do ye think about putting more of that kind of music on the playlist? I can help ye find stuff if yer stuck for material, although theres plenty on the web. A good cd to get mebbe would be Gaelic Woman??
lovely cd, lovely songs, lovely voices, lovely producer errrrrrr loool At least, could ye listen into that one and mebbe put "Canan nan Gaidheal" on the Songlist???? Pleeeeeeeas smile.gif

Hello from france, it makes 20 years that i come in scotland , i love too much your country , i feel me myself scottish in the heart but it is not the essential , i am very happy that you speak of Catherine-Ann MacPhee (from the Hebrides ) for me she is the best singer i have never heard , she has something in her voice which is incredible , when you listen to her singing , you can imagine you flying in the air above the mountains of the highland , it is mystic ...You speak also of other singer that i don't know , i am gonna to try to find in france some records of Ann Martin , does she sing like Katie Ann Mac Phee , can you help me to find some music like " my Katie " i love really the songs in gaelic with lovely harmony of the past ... Bye bye to all

Faileas 
  Posted: 08-Sep-2003, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Guardian of Scotland :-)
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Isle of Skye

female

Hello Boduncan! Its me , FloweroftheWest, just changed my nick a few weeks back. As for Ann Martinns music try the website of www.gaelicmusic.co.uk, i think ye might find something there. I `ll check the URL but i think its right. Probably ye might find something of Catherine Anne MC Phee too :-)
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 09-Oct-2003, 12:34 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

I know that this is an older Forum, but I think it would not be a bad idea to keep this one going.

The change may have already been done. I have no way of knowing.

I have probably mentioned this before, but I am partial to Traditional Music. My definition of Traditional is pre 1800's.

I am an ol' soul and I like being that way too. I even mow my lawn with a old reel mower (Neighbors never ask to borrow it either).

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]